Custom Vehicle Discussions > CVO™ Softail® Deluxe

Something to think about

(1/5) > >>

Older Guy:
It seems there is a lot of bashing of the Deluxe. Look at it as I do. I just sold my 2011 CVO Streetglide as I have become older and the weight of the streetglide with moving it around and parking it as to not having to move it much took some of the joy of riding. I had one of the first Deluxe in 05 and loved it.I had put a sundowner seat and taller backrest for my wife and she was very comfortable on it. I bought an 08 streeglide in 08 for a better ride over longer overnight rides.Always wanted a cvo and bought one in2011. Now at age 75 I thought I would have to go to a trike to keep riding and feel comfortable with it. now that Harley has come out with the deluxe in a cvo I can still stay on two wheels for a few years more, and still have a CVO. some say it is a chicks bike but let me tell you it is also a great bike for us older and short legged people.  Just keep in mind that the Deluxe is what it is for good or bad but it is still a CVO.Sooner or later you will get older and have to either down size your bike or go to a trike as I am doing. Don't be to quick to judge what others like or dislike. You younger riders should ride and enjoy your bikes and just remember time catches all of us. Stay safe.
      Thanks Older Guy

sadunbar:

--- Quote from: Older Guy on September 08, 2013, 08:11:41 AM ---It seems there is a lot of bashing of the Deluxe. Look at it as I do. I just sold my 2011 CVO Streetglide as I have become older and the weight of the streetglide with moving it around and parking it as to not having to move it much took some of the joy of riding. I had one of the first Deluxe in 05 and loved it.I had put a sundowner seat and taller backrest for my wife and she was very comfortable on it. I bought an 08 streeglide in 08 for a better ride over longer overnight rides.Always wanted a cvo and bought one in2011. Now at age 75 I thought I would have to go to a trike to keep riding and feel comfortable with it. now that Harley has come out with the deluxe in a cvo I can still stay on two wheels for a few years more, and still have a CVO. some say it is a chicks bike but let tell you it is also a great bike for us older and short legged people.  Just keep in mind that the Deluxe is what it is for good or bad but it is still a CVO.Sooner or later you will get older and have to either down size your bike or go to a trike as I am doing. Don't be to quick to judge what others like or dislike. You younger riders should ride and enjoy your bikes and just remember time catches all of us. Stay safe.
      Thanks Older Guy

--- End quote ---

Of course, you are completely correct in your observations and comments.  Even though I am still a long way from 75, physically, I have a knee that will need replacement at some point in the future.  I find that the past year or so, I am enjoying riding my FXR over my SEUC more and more.  I enjoy having my SEUC for trips and two up riding, but when riding solo, I am more often than not choosing to ride the smaller, lighter FXR....

89Speedy:

--- Quote from: Older Guy on September 08, 2013, 08:11:41 AM ---It seems there is a lot of bashing of the Deluxe. Look at it as I do. I just sold my 2011 CVO Streetglide as I have become older and the weight of the streetglide with moving it around and parking it as to not having to move it much took some of the joy of riding. I had one of the first Deluxe in 05 and loved it.I had put a sundowner seat and taller backrest for my wife and she was very comfortable on it. I bought an 08 streeglide in 08 for a better ride over longer overnight rides.Always wanted a cvo and bought one in2011. Now at age 75 I thought I would have to go to a trike to keep riding and feel comfortable with it. now that Harley has come out with the deluxe in a cvo I can still stay on two wheels for a few years more, and still have a CVO. some say it is a chicks bike but let tell you it is also a great bike for us older and short legged people.  Just keep in mind that the Deluxe is what it is for good or bad but it is still a CVO.Sooner or later you will get older and have to either down size your bike or go to a trike as I am doing. Don't be to quick to judge what others like or dislike. You younger riders should ride and enjoy your bikes and just remember time catches all of us. Stay safe.
      Thanks Older Guy

--- End quote ---
I just made 62 and understand totally.  My first Harley was a Deluxe and I miss her to this day.  I'm really enjoying my Breakout but have thoughts of getting a used 103 Deluxe and putting hard bags on her.  That will be my touring ride when I take her across the mainland in a few years . . . that's the dream anyway.

Older Guy:
I hope people read this and take my post in the spirit it was meant to be. Thanks for your thoughts we all love this sport and want to ride forever . I think at this time in my life I am greatfull that I can still enjoy it.
                             John

Twolanerider:

--- Quote from: sadunbar on September 08, 2013, 08:54:54 AM ---

I am enjoying riding my FXR over my SEUC more and more.  

--- End quote ---

Whose FXR ??? ?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version