Custom Vehicle Discussions > CVO™ Road Glide Ultra®

Converting tour pack to Quick Detach

<< < (2/19) > >>

FLSTFI Dave:
Here are some pictures finished.

No Tour pack

With Tour pack.   Floor boards were also removed.  No bag guards either for a cleaner look.

Out side

GregKhougaz:
Great post, Dave!    :2vrolijk_21:   I'm sure this will be helpful to lots of guys.    :2vrolijk_21:

FLSTFI Dave:
Replaced the reflector saddle bag latches.  They look much better if you ask me, from HD parts catalog.

Took my mid frame heat shields off, had them painted gloss black.  Then put a plug in the left one for my heated gear.  Keeps it neat.

Then a new timer cover to match the Derby cover I put on when I got the bike.

Derby 

cvosjoe:
Well done David.  :2vrolijk_21:

DesertHOG:
Nice job Dave. I like what you did to split out the saddlebag wires for the electric locks. I'll have to consider doing that on mine. However, if I get lazy I'll just run without electric locks and use the key if I really need to lock them up. I concur on the passenger floor boards. If you are riding solo best to get rid of them. I seem to hit them with my legs, especially the right one when mounting. As for the saddlebag crash bars, I am going to keep mine on and get some saddlebag water bottle holders. Since the fairing lowers don't have a glove compartment anymore I lost my bottle carrier. During the summers I usually get two 1-liter bottles at gas stops and will have them drunk by the next gas stop. I like the heated gear connector in the heat shield as well. My only problem is that I use the battery tender converter for my heated gear. I guess I'll still have wires exposed. Also, thanks for providing the connector pin part number. I am thinking they must make a 3-pin connector because that 3-wire socket is intended for a fender trim light option.

I was able to recycle a 2009 HD plate holder from my take-off parts shelf. The Kuryakyn plate frame I both has 2 different lights. A red led running/brake light and a combo red led running light and white led light to light the plate. Frankly the white light is not illuminating the plate very well but it meets the intent of the law. I had to hack on the Kuryakyn frame a bit to fit with the turn light assembly. You really don't see if unless you walk up to it and give it a thorough inspection.

On the TP, did you move it all the way forward on the solo detach mount or is there still room for forward movement? I am just wondering if the solo could be configured to eliminate the seat backrest and strictly use the TP backrest. I saw a post where someone did that on a slightly different setup that didn't have the armrests and speakers.

Simon

PS: That large connector in the back that has the white clip plugged into the TP mount was a beyotch to get disconnected and removed from the mount.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version