Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Vance & Hines Throttlepak  (Read 998 times)

joe.f

• Junior CVO Member
Vance & Hines Throttlepak
« on: May 08, 2013, 08:11:32 PM »

I contacted V&H today via telephone, & they said that they make the Throttlepak for the CVO Breakout..... V&H Part #66003.      Has anybody installed it on their bike, and does it actually offer any throttle improvement as advertised?

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
Re: Vance & Hines Throttlepak
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2013, 08:49:46 PM »

I contacted V&H today via telephone, & they said that they make the Throttlepak for the CVO Breakout..... V&H Part #66003.      Has anybody installed it on their bike, and does it actually offer any throttle improvement as advertised?

Plenty of folks have reported satisfactory results with the ThrottlePak on the 2008 and up Touring models with electronic throttle control, so I would assume the results would be the same for a Softail with ETC.  However, before you send any money you may want to think about any other changes you plan to make.  If you intend to have the bike tuned with a TTS tuning package for instance, you can adjust the throttle response curve in that software and the ThrottlePak would be unnecessary.

Do a search on this site for the ThrottlePak and you should pull up more than a few posts on the subject.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

FlaHeatWave

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: '01 FXDWG2 RED 103 6sp
    • CVO2: '05 FLHTCSE2 CHERRY
    • CVO3: '09 FLTRSE3 YELLOW 117/DD7
Re: Vance & Hines Throttlepak
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2013, 02:03:02 AM »

'Put a ThrottlePak on the '09 SERG, was a noticeable improvement, would recommend to a friend.
"I've read dozens of books about heros and crooks, and learned much from both of their styles"

Page created in 0.134 seconds with 22 queries.