Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Canbus / ABS issues.  (Read 5669 times)

MightyTharg

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com

• CVO1: 2015 CVO Street Glide
Re: Canbus / ABS issues.
« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2018, 11:28:50 AM »

And..... the bike is back at the dealership. Can't find any codes with my sepst but am getting the abs light on occasionally which then triggers the cel.

MightyTharg

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com

• CVO1: 2015 CVO Street Glide
Re: Canbus / ABS issues.
« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2018, 12:01:22 PM »

Final update - everything is now fixed.

Dealer couldn't find anything wrong with the ABS as such, but they told me the ABS software was on the original factory version from 2015 and had never been updated, so they updated it latest.  The tech did tell me that HD makes puts all kinds of fixes and improvements into the later software updates..... which does beg the question of why did the dealer never update it on my bike over the last 3 years when it was in for servicing or when they were previously investigating the ABS when I had a CEL.

They also reflashed the ECU and they did find some radio faults and updated that software and they fixed a loose pin in one of the audio connectors in the bags.

So they're not entirely sure what the problem was, BUT the good news is that I rode the bike over 200 miles and everything is now operating faultlessly - absolutely no problems at all. 

So all's well that ends well and the bike is currently on it's way to it's new home.

Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.12 seconds with 24 queries.