Custom Vehicle Discussions > CVO™ Road Glide Ultra®

Decision on trading my 09 SERG for an 11 FLTRUSE

(1/4) > >>

newseultra07:
Well dealer had the Rio Red & Black Ember on floor. They wanted MSRP plus 4K. I said no way i would pay that. I've bought 3 CVO's from this dealership over the past 3-4 yrs. Anyways they said trade difference would be 18K. I said your crazy i wont do that. They came back and said 15K difference, i left & went home. On way home salesman calls & says they will do 13K trade difference. I put pencil to it and they are selling the 11 for MSRP plus freight & giving me 23,000 for my bike with only 2200 miles on it. I really don't like the red & black but would prefer the gray & black RG. They said they found some & would do a dealer trade to get it. Not real sure this is a good deal. I really wanted closer to 25K for my bike since its got low miles on it & in great condition. I may just keep mine & blow off this idea all together...I don't owe but around $22,000 for mine since i bought it a good price a year ago... Any suggestions..

Fired00d:

--- Quote from: newseultra07 on August 29, 2010, 11:34:36 AM ---Well dealer had the Rio Red & Black Ember on floor. They wanted MSRP plus 4K. I said no way i would pay that. I've bought 3 CVO's from this dealership over the past 3-4 yrs. Anyways they said trade difference would be 18K. I said your crazy i wont do that. They came back and said 15K difference, i left & went home. On way home salesman calls & says they will do 13K trade difference. I put pencil to it and they are selling the 11 for MSRP plus freight & giving me 23,000 for my bike with only 2200 miles on it. I really don't like the red & black but would prefer the gray & black RG. They said they found some & would do a dealer trade to get it. Not real sure this is a good deal. I really wanted closer to 25K for my bike since its got low miles on it & in great condition. I may just keep mine & blow off this idea all together...I don't owe but around $22,000 for mine since i bought it a good price a year ago... Any suggestions..

--- End quote ---
Shop around... see if you can get a better deal (find a MSRP dealer)... if not go w/your gut feeling.

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:

newseultra07:
Most dealers in my area have them sold before getting them. This particular dealer will sell it at MSRP thou. Just my trade in is lower than i wanted...Going to work on them tomorrow for a better trade in..

newseultra07:
09 SERG  Stardust Silver & Titanium Dust.. Think i'am nuts if i do this...I really like my 09....

charles05663:
I would look at a different way.  

According to Kelly Blue Book, in my area, the trade-in value of a FLTRSE3 in good condition is worth $24,700.  With the low mileage, I would expect yours to be worth more.  So assuming they gave you what your FLTRSE3 was worth, they are still charging you close to $2,000 above MSRP.  They are simply hiding that fact by low balling your trade-in.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version