CVO Technical > Wheels/Tires/Suspension/Brakes

Air Pressure in rear shocks

(1/3) > >>

Billy:
What does everyone run in the rear shocks. i wieght 175  what do yu think would work best Thanks Bill

greglyon:
2 up 15-22  solo 10-15

Fired00d:

--- Quote ---What does everyone run in the rear shocks. i wieght 175  what do yu think would work best Thanks Bill
--- End quote ---
Have you checked them to see what is in them now? A lot of the times they come from the factory w/little to no air in them. If this is the case on yours, and you do mostly solo riding I would start around 20lbs. I'm just a little shy of half your weight (270) and run mines around 40lbs.

[smiley=pumpkin.gif]
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 [smiley=fireman.gif]

grc:

--- Quote ---What does everyone run in the rear shocks. i wieght 175  what do yu think would work best Thanks Bill
--- End quote ---
Bill,

My suggestion is to check your owner's manual, and double what H-D recommends for your weight.  My SEEG has the Profile lowered shocks like the SERK, and the manual called for 0-10 psi for my weight.  Bottomed out on a regular basis.  I am now running 20 psi and there is a world of improvement in ride and handling.

Jerry

ESJ JESTER:
I'm a skinny kid and I too went from 10psi up to 20 psi and think is much better :o

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version