Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 14

Author Topic: 2017 CVO MODELS/CHANGES  (Read 109137 times)

scottt

• Elite CVO Member
Re: 2016 CVO MODELS/CHANGES
« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2015, 06:55:17 PM »

scottt you can login to the site using your site username/password with tapatalk

Thank you, next time I will use it, Would be much better.

mark

« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2015, 07:42:55 PM »

I am speculating......It will be interesting to see if I am close to correct. The reason I think Harley going to make engine changes is due to the length of production for the twin cam. 1999 to 2015, that's 16 years. Harley now has competition from Indian, they have a larger standard engine than Harley, 111 vs 103, Harley must desire to close that gap. If they don't make substantial changes to the 2016 touring line, sales will start dropping. The Rushmore owners will need something substantial to consider trading.

The softail line, once Harley's top sellers are now dead. My local dealer, a large store in a large market only sold 4 Heritage softails last year, they only sold 1 Fat Boy. For the entire 2014 model year. Harley needs to do something big to fire the line up, something as dramatic as the Rushmore rollout. If Harley can add comfort to the softail line, they just might start selling better. The reason I mentioned the springer heritage, it would be a great bike to compete toe to toe with the Indian classic. Both bikes represent the same period of history. The Heritage Springers would sell well with updates, IMHO.

I could be all wet, time will tell. Harley needs to light a fire under the 2016 lineup and the new "Street" line is not the answer.
I suspect Harley's customers are getting grayer and the tourers are more appealing to that demographic.  With flat softail sales, that seems to indicate a failure to draw younger customers.  Of course, this is just speculation on my part.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2015, 07:50:12 PM by Mark »

Rooster

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLhtcuse2.ORG
« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2015, 09:48:18 PM »

I stopped worrying about new models after I purchased and dealt with the problems on my 07 seultra. Never ever buy another new one
I hear ya :drink:

ZVO

• Dark Platimum? That’s Silver and Black
  • Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • TX

• CVO1: 2015 FLHXSE - Gone
    • CVO2: 2016 FLHXSE - Gone
    • CVO3: 2018 FLTRXSE - Gone
« Reply #18 on: April 08, 2015, 12:50:11 AM »

There was an internal memo that stipulates all 120 engines can have only 1 year of factory warranty, this to me means the 120 is not ready for daily riders

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
The Autumn Wind is a pirate.

BALIS

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #19 on: April 08, 2015, 03:37:56 AM »

There was an internal memo that stipulates all 120 engines can have only 1 year of factory warranty, this to me means the 120 is not ready for daily riders

Here in Europe, we have a law that all vehicles must have at least 2 years warranty.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2015, 06:10:13 AM by BALIS »

Afdharley

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • MD

« Reply #20 on: April 08, 2015, 09:19:17 AM »

I see a RG Ultra and or Limited added to the touring line up. I don't see any big changes like engines to the touring group. Rushmore brought huge changes and I believe they are done for a while.

I do believe big changes are coming to the soft tails and dynas. Been a long time since any shake up has been done for them.

skratch

• 1K CVO Member
    • LA

• CVO1: 2013 FLTRXSE2 Roman Gold/Burnt Emerald
« Reply #21 on: April 08, 2015, 11:32:38 AM »

since the 120 does not come stock on any bike, it seems it would come with the same 1 yr warranty (or less) that any other parts carry.  i know several folks who have the 120r in their daily riders and have no problems.  the 120st being 'detuned', i wouldn't think there would be any issues with that either.
I understand the concept of reality, but find it too confining as a way of life

phantomxrt

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2015 CVO Streetglide (Hard Candy Mercury)
« Reply #22 on: April 12, 2015, 10:16:35 PM »

I see a RG Ultra and or Limited added to the touring line up. I don't see any big changes like engines to the touring group. Rushmore brought huge changes and I believe they are done for a while.

I do believe big changes are coming to the soft tails and dynas. Been a long time since any shake up has been done for them.

This makes perfect sense from a business perspective. I agree that we'll probably see some softail and dyna updates before we see a standard 12 in a tourer. JMHO.

jpswino

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • MI

• CVO1: 2015 Ultra Violet Street Glide with Lava Flames
    • CVO2: Backyard Choppers
« Reply #23 on: April 13, 2015, 11:17:35 AM »

I am speculating......It will be interesting to see if I am close to correct. The reason I think Harley going to make engine changes is due to the length of production for the twin cam. 1999 to 2015, that's 16 years. Harley now has competition from Indian, they have a larger standard engine than Harley, 111 vs 103, Harley must desire to close that gap. If they don't make substantial changes to the 2016 touring line, sales will start dropping. The Rushmore owners will need something substantial to consider trading.

The softail line, once Harley's top sellers are now dead. My local dealer, a large store in a large market only sold 4 Heritage softails last year, they only sold 1 Fat Boy. For the entire 2014 model year. Harley needs to do something big to fire the line up, something as dramatic as the Rushmore rollout. If Harley can add comfort to the softail line, they just might start selling better. The reason I mentioned the springer heritage, it would be a great bike to compete toe to toe with the Indian classic. Both bikes represent the same period of history. The Heritage Springers would sell well with updates, IMHO.

I could be all wet, time will tell. Harley needs to light a fire under the 2016 lineup and the new "Street" line is not the answer.

This sounds spot on to me. Well thought through and makes a whole lot of sense.

smkymtnboy

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • TN

• CVO1: flhxse
    • CVO2: flhtcuse5
    • CVO3: flhtcuse6
« Reply #24 on: April 13, 2015, 08:39:43 PM »

no new models for 2016!!!! the moco will apply all its efforts on dependability and quality control. :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2:

ZVO

• Dark Platimum? That’s Silver and Black
  • Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • TX

• CVO1: 2015 FLHXSE - Gone
    • CVO2: 2016 FLHXSE - Gone
    • CVO3: 2018 FLTRXSE - Gone
« Reply #25 on: April 14, 2015, 12:43:44 PM »

Lol!  :pepper:
The Autumn Wind is a pirate.

jplut

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NH

« Reply #26 on: April 14, 2015, 01:11:03 PM »

Given that I finally gave in, sack'ed up and bought a 2015 CVO, I can virtually guarantee that the 2016s will have a host of improvements, including a bigger motor, a head's up display, and the ability to hover.

HarleyJeffOregon

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • OR

• CVO1: 2004 Orange Pearl/Jet Black electra glide.
    • CVO2: 2010 Ultra Classsic Scarlet red pearl/Dark Slate
    • CVO3: 2017 Ultra Limited Black Garnet/ Electric Red Pearl
« Reply #27 on: April 14, 2015, 03:58:06 PM »

Given that I finally gave in, sack'ed up and bought a 2015 CVO, I can virtually guarantee that the 2016s will have a host of improvements, including a bigger motor, a head's up display, and the ability to hover.
I think I want to go watch the Jetson's now. LOL

bbrown

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 04 SEEG BLK/BLU
    • CVO2: 11 SESG. ORANGE/ BLK
    • CVO3: 19 SERG LIGHTNING/ SLVR
« Reply #28 on: April 14, 2015, 04:11:33 PM »

That there is a classic and most likely true

FlaHeatWave

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: '01 FXDWG2 RED 103 6sp
    • CVO2: '05 FLHTCSE2 CHERRY
    • CVO3: '09 FLTRSE3 YELLOW 117/DD7
« Reply #29 on: April 14, 2015, 10:02:38 PM »

I suspect Harley's customers are getting grayer and the tourers are more appealing to that demographic.  With flat softail sales, that seems to indicate a failure to draw younger customers.  Of course, this is just speculation on my part.
I see tons of younger riders on baggers, mostly "murdered" SGs
"I've read dozens of books about heros and crooks, and learned much from both of their styles"
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 14

Page created in 0.16 seconds with 21 queries.