CVO Technical > Intake/Exhaust/ECM

Anybody put baffle wrap in Rinehart 4"?

(1/5) > >>

North Star:
Have had no issues with my Rineharts- like the sound, but sometimes when 2 up under load it's a bit much- wouldn't mind toning it down just a c*** hair, lol.

Thinking about using the Fullsac screens and a the Techmat wrap from ebay. Should be easy to install, and I figure should tone it down a bit, and probably give it an even deeper sound. The Rineharts don't come with any baffle wrap at all.

Thoughts? Anybody done this with the Rineharts?

Phantom309:
Your idea sounds a lot better than what I tried on my old SEEG years ago. I had the same mufflers with true duals and wrapped both baffles with header wrap since it was just laying around in my garage. I went front to back then back to the front again and used a couple stainless hose clamps on each one to keep it in place. Turns out I just wasted my time because it actually made it louder. I would guess me wrapping it tight around the baffles bypassed all the perforations and sent all that noise straight out the pipes instead of into the muffler bodies. I should have known header wrap isn't a good sound absorbing material before I did it, but it was worth a shot and didn't cost me anything. Needless to say I removed it after a short ride and left well enough alone.     

15CVOSG:

--- Quote from: North Star on May 06, 2015, 09:50:48 PM ---Have had no issues with my Rineharts- like the sound, but sometimes when 2 up under load it's a bit much- wouldn't mind toning it down just a c*** hair, lol.

Thinking about using the Fullsac screens and a the Techmat wrap from ebay. Should be easy to install, and I figure should tone it down a bit, and probably give it an even deeper sound. The Rineharts don't come with any baffle wrap at all.

Thoughts? Anybody done this with the Rineharts?

--- End quote ---

the screens and a once around full wrap with take the edge off the Rinehart's ... l love Rinehart's

lrubio:
Let us know your results.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

North Star:
Will do. Ordered the 1/4" thick vs the 1/2" thick Techmat. Plan to wrap it once around. Hopefully it will stay in place when sliding it in, as I don't want to have to use wire to hold it to the screens.

Going to pick it up on Friday (US mailbox), so will post an update once installed.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version