CVO Technical > Intake/Exhaust/ECM

Anybody put baffle wrap in Rinehart 4"?

<< < (2/5) > >>

Royalroadie:
I will look forward to your feed back. I too have Rinehart and would like a little less noise.

GMR-PERFORMANCE:
What you are doing can alter the tune, as well when we tune the " known packed mufflers that blow out"  I am not a fan of tuning it with out the box mufflers as the packing will shift and alter the tune. Many times after it burns out blows out I get the call about a decell pop etc.. I can only tune what I have at the time if  that gets altered well thats that.. I am not saying it will effect it hugely or not but unless you check it you will now know..

But you want loud and reduced noise out of the same muffler.  ;)

Royalroadie:
Bike came with rinehart. 

North Star:

--- Quote from: GMR-PERFORMANCE on May 12, 2015, 09:50:06 AM ---What you are doing can alter the tune, as well when we tune the " known packed mufflers that blow out"  I am not a fan of tuning it with out the box mufflers as the packing will shift and alter the tune. Many times after it burns out blows out I get the call about a decell pop etc.. I can only tune what I have at the time if  that gets altered well thats that.. I am not saying it will effect it hugely or not but unless you check it you will now know..

But you want loud and reduced noise out of the same muffler.  ;)

--- End quote ---

With quality baffle wrap held against the inside of the muffler wall with the Fullsac screens, should I expect the baffle material to blow out much?

Since I had my tune, I've went from the SE Ventilator to the SE Heavy Breather, and now with this change to the mufflers, I'll probably have my tuner do a "touch up" tune to ensure it's running at it's best.

Do you think I should wait for xx amount of miles until the packing burns in first before doing the re-tune?

Not sure what you mean by wanting loud and reduced noise out of the same muffler. I just thought for $100, it may slightly deepen/change the sound to mellow it out under load. I was considering new mufflers- Crushers (which I know you speak highly of), the Bassani DNT, or Supertrapp Stouts, but I don't know what they will sound and perform like compared to what I have, so I figure this is a less risky proposition than playing the "musical muffler" game. :)

GMR-PERFORMANCE:
Well if you did not want a loud muffler you would not have bought what you have. So you like ti loud for most of the time but on trips its too loud..

As for the packing some times it may have little to no effect on it and other times it has a great effect. I would take your time wrap the baffle well and ride the bike and depending on what tuner you have do a few smart tunes or V tunes in the cruise area and report back on the % of change.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version