Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 7 [All]

Author Topic: I don't want to be associated with HD  (Read 18673 times)

HebrewHarley

• Banned
  • Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com

I don't want to be associated with HD
« on: May 09, 2016, 08:13:14 PM »

Several months back I had an engine problem on my nearly new CVO. HD didn't stand behind the product and that upset me. I vowed to sell my bike over it.

Now I travel in the US and I see "wanna be badasses" on their HD. Barely clothed, long mustache, and usually tattoos. Without a doubt, these people are on HD the majority of the time. They are obnoxious and call attention to themselves; revving at lights, or just having stupidly loud pipes. This persona doesn't represent me.

As a result of the two problems above, I have sold my bike. HD just isn't the image that I want to portray or have my name associated with. I will still ride, and I do not know what brand, but I do know for certain that the HD brand doesn't represent who I am.

Certainly, I am not the only one to feel this way. I think HD needs to work hard to clean up the image, as do we as riders.

TN

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • SC

• CVO1: FLTRSE3
Re: I don't want to be associated with HD
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2016, 08:36:19 PM »

Several months back I had an engine problem on my nearly new CVO. HD didn't stand behind the product and that upset me. I vowed to sell my bike over it.

Now I travel in the US and I see "wanna be badasses" on their HD. Barely clothed, long mustache, and usually tattoos. Without a doubt, these people are on HD the majority of the time. They are obnoxious and call attention to themselves; revving at lights, or just having stupidly loud pipes. This persona doesn't represent me.

As a result of the two problems above, I have sold my bike. HD just isn't the image that I want to portray or have my name associated with. I will still ride, and I do not know what brand, but I do know for certain that the HD brand doesn't represent who I am.

Certainly, I am not the only one to feel this way. I think HD needs to work hard to clean up the image, as do we as riders.

I got to party with you sometime.   :drink:

TN
Wut the hell was that maneuver

EZRIDN

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG - Paying tribute to an American legend
    • NE

• CVO1: FLHRSEI2
    • CVO2: 1947 FL
    • CVO3: 2004 FXSTI
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2016, 08:39:23 PM »

Sorry to hear that you had a bad experience.  It's entirely possible that you got a lemon...I don't know.  I also don't know the circumstances leading up to the failure.  I do know that a lot of folks have faired out better and have had better experiences.  Yes, many owners may gripe & complain about their HD's and pay extraordinary prices for accessories & merchandise...but, that is what they so choose.  I will say that one should not judge all HD owners & riders disparagingly...some of those wannabe badasses really are that and that is their choice...they choose that way of life not simply because of "image".  Maybe they don't represent you because they didn't know they were supposed to?       
"My goal is to become that old person everyone is afraid to take out in public."

"I would like to apologize to anyone I have not yet offended...please be patient...I will get to you shortly ."

HD Owners Tip #39:  "Although the manual doesn't mention it, some swearing seems to help most machines run a little better."

DesertHOG

• Visiting America One Road Trip at a Time
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • Vivid Black Special
    • NM

• CVO1: 2011 FLTRUSE - SOLD
    • CVO2: 2015 FLTRUSE - SOLD
    • CVO3: 2018 FLTRXS - Vivid Black
    • Join me on Facebook
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2016, 08:47:14 PM »

Get yourself a BMW K1600GTL. At least the Harley guys won't run you off the road on that bike.

grayghost731

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Built For ME! Love My Fatboy CVO

• CVO1: FLSTFSE Platinum Mist&Slate 102.81 HP 113.47 Torque
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2016, 08:48:28 PM »

Sorry to hear that you had a bad experience.  It's entirely possible that you got a lemon...I don't know.  I also don't know the circumstances leading up to the failure.  I do know that a lot of folks have faired out better and have had better experiences.  Yes, many owners may gripe & complain about their HD's and pay extraordinary prices for accessories & merchandise...but, that is what they so choose.  I will say that one should not judge all HD owners & riders disparagingly...some of those wannabe badasses really are that and that is their choice...they choose that way of life not simply because of "image".  Maybe they don't represent you because they didn't know they were supposed to?       

Words    of   Wisdom!      :2vrolijk_21:

Trapperdog

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2009 ST1300 Police
    • CVO3: 2006 ST1300
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2016, 10:57:09 PM »

Every brand or type of motorcycle will have a stigma or persona attached to it. You just have to choose which one you want to be associated with, or not. We have five different makes and styles of bikes and I choose to do my own thing, but a lot of the guys here on this forum who coincidentally ride HD's are some of the best folk I know. There might even be a couple with long mustaches and tattoos

FlaHeatWave

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: '01 FXDWG2 RED 103 6sp
    • CVO2: '05 FLHTCSE2 CHERRY
    • CVO3: '09 FLTRSE3 YELLOW 117/DD7
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2016, 12:06:12 AM »

I think I'm going to puke...
"I've read dozens of books about heros and crooks, and learned much from both of their styles"

ak

• 1K CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2016, 12:11:21 AM »

I think I'm going to puke...
  Well said
,04seeg,s 09 roadglide,09 ultra

MrSurly

• Formidable Faux
  • Elite CVO Member
    • TX

« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2016, 01:16:19 AM »

Internet Glossary: "Trolling, Troll post". See above (this post)
Thus endeth the lesson

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Rhetorical questions, who needs 'em?

2010FLHTCUSE5
Dethroned Garage Queen, Sullied 2013

HebrewHarley

• Banned
  • Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com

« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2016, 02:18:25 AM »

I got to party with you sometime.   :drink:

TN

You're welcome as my guest in Israel any time!!

HebrewHarley

• Banned
  • Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com

« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2016, 02:24:39 AM »

Every brand or type of motorcycle will have a stigma or persona attached to it. You just have to choose which one you want to be associated with, or not. We have five different makes and styles of bikes and I choose to do my own thing, but a lot of the guys here on this forum who coincidentally ride HD's are some of the best folk I know. There might even be a couple with long mustaches and tattoos

I don't disagree with everything you've said quoted above. I do think the wannabe's are a negative for this brand however.

I was riding in Northern California recently just before deciding to sell, in a city called Santa Cruz. Wonderful roads. A great place called Alice's in the area which I stopped in for lunch. Many loud pipes ridden by tattooed and long mustache men. Ok, no problem. But they talk in a way that represents the brand poorly. A group of four left the restaurant about ten minutes in front me me. Within 20 minutes I arrived at a traffic jam of no less than 15 cars. I passed each until I could get to the bus blocking the way. The problem is, it was not a bus at all. It was the four Harley's refusing to move over for the traffic that they were holding up. Their badass persona had them projecting the image of they're the greatest and nobody should mess with them. It was completely selfish to block traffic and with total disregard for the number of vehicles behind them, to block the road. That was the straw that broke the camel back. I didn't want to be associated with thy crowd no more. That sight is too often seen for me to be comfortable representing myself as supporting this lifestyle. One must always think of others.

Mr. Warlock

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited - unnamed
    • CVO2: 2011 Softail Convertable "Bourbon Betty" - Traded
    • CVO3: 2005 SE FatBoy - Sold
« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2016, 04:14:45 AM »

I'm thinking a scooter of some sort.........  :nervous:
Lived hard and fast, laughed harder than humans have a right to and continue to do so.

fredfoot

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NY

• CVO1: 2015 Street Glide CVO
« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2016, 05:34:47 AM »

I would never say that I represent a brand just because I own that type of vehicle , or because others do. I bought my bike because it is the one I liked the most. I would never sell it because I saw some fools doing something inconsiderate on the roadway. The only time I will sell my bike is when I find one I like more than this one.

wrayzor

• Full CVO Member
    • NV

• CVO1: 2013 Anniversary CVO RG #379
« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2016, 06:48:01 AM »

Barely clothed, long mustache, and usually tattoos.

Name any vehicle of any type and a quick search of Google can find all three. You have no valid points!

But hey, who knows? Maybe tomorrow I'll get up and not get dressed, not shave and ride down for a tattoo! Don't want to prove you wrong.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2016, 06:50:14 AM by wrayzor »
2013 CVO Anniversary Road Glide #379

skratch

• 1K CVO Member
    • LA

• CVO1: 2013 FLTRXSE2 Roman Gold/Burnt Emerald
« Reply #14 on: May 10, 2016, 07:31:15 AM »

barely clothed?  well, i don't ride without long sleeves.  sunburn is a bitch!...

tattoos?  yep, got em.  have had them since i was 18, that's 36 years ago.  long before i started riding.

long mustache?  nope, i sport a beard.

there are a lot of people in this world.  some ride motorcycles.  some are not necessarily the best ambassadors for the human race, let alone motorcycle enthusiasts.  but that really has nothing to do with them riding motorcycles, but just being douchebags in general.

if you're willing to give up your ride over something like this, then i would suggest that you aren't really a 'motorcycle enthusiast' in the first place.  there are a lot of 'bad examples' with every brand of car, truck, or motorcycle.....  guess, you'll have to walk.  oh, wait.  i saw this asshat wearing a pair of nikes, and.............................
I understand the concept of reality, but find it too confining as a way of life

TN

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • SC

« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2016, 07:52:34 AM »

Please elaborate about the opening statement you made in regard to problems with HD and customer service.

TN

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #16 on: May 10, 2016, 08:12:45 AM »

Please elaborate about the opening statement you made in regard to problems with HD and customer service.

TN
See this thread - Whole in the case.

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #17 on: May 10, 2016, 08:38:31 AM »

TN

To make a long story short, he bought the bike in the US and shipped it back to Israel.  At approximately 2000 km something let go in the bottom end and holed the crankcase.  Since it was a US bike that he exported to Israel, Harley chose to void the US warranty and screw him over.  While they were within their legal rights to void the warranty, IMHO it was a very chitty thing to do.  But considering the other things Harley has done over the past decade or two, it's not surprising.  I fully understand why he has no further use for H-D.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

Ironhorse

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: 2006 SE Ultra
    • CVO2: 2018 GoldWing DCT Airbag
« Reply #18 on: May 10, 2016, 08:56:54 AM »

Yitzak,

Sorry to hear you had problems with your bike. It does sound like a lemon. Sometimes you get them, my 2001 Ultra was a lemon, went through a stator every year or so. My 2006 CVO Ultra has been bullet proof. Best bike I have ever owned. Before buying your next bike, study and review consumer reports about repair and reliability. You will be surprised to find that HD may rank higher than BMW in this category.

Like EVERY segment of society you will find people who rub you the wrong way. I do not believe it is limited only to folks who ride HD. If you choose to limit your association by brands, you will find the world a limited place. I try and remember that it is the man and not the machine that makes the biggest difference. The machine is merely an extension of the man, and if the man is a Jerk, his machine will be seen likewise.

I do believe that regardless of whatever brand you migrate to, you will find jerks. There are jerks on BMWs, Hondas, Suzukis, Yamahas, Victory, Can-Am, Ducati, Kawasakis, Triumph, and Ural. There will be those who sport tattoos, speak loudly and brashly and hog the road with their selfish acts. You come across them every day. Only you can make the decisions that most comfortably suit your lifestyle. All I'm saying is that if you think in one specific brand you will discover a utopia of well behaved, shaved, polite, properly manicured and ink free riders you are sadly mistaken.

Here, in the US we all make fun of each other to some degree. The sport bike riders call HD riders "The Village People" because they wear leather chaps and vests. The HD Riders call the sport bike riders "Power Rangers" because they dress in loud and colorful racing suits, and The GoldWing/BMW riders are often called "EuroTrash", because their long distance bikes are usually filthy as the riders see layers of bugs, grime, and dirt as badges of honor.  But I guarantee no matter which group you gravitate to you will find the jerks, or more accurately, the jerks will find you.

I loved your statement that HD needs to rebrand it's image. That image has been carefully marketed and advertised for over 100 years. The true product that HD sells is not motorcycle, but the image of Freedom and Independence. Truth be told, ANY motorcycle can do what the other does, simple fact. So to get you to buy their product, they sell you the concept of freedom and independence. And for HD that image is the open road on a black bike wearing HD clothes and attending massive HOG rallys, the antithesis of what freedom and independence is.  And in that, you will find jerks.

Regardless of whatever brand you buy for whatever reason you choose, know that you are still welcome here. Although this is a CVO forum, and the members mostly ride CVO, know that we have members who do not. Many of our members "graduate" to BMWs. Some ride GoldWings, and some like you have sold their bikes but still remain.

When I finally get to meet you in person, I hope this 5'8", 160lb, bald, tattoo free, non-smoking, rule following, Shakespeare quoting asian does not rub you the wrong way. But if I do, please know that's me, and not my machine.

Mark
« Last Edit: May 10, 2016, 09:01:47 AM by Ironhorse »
"But men are men, the best sometimes forget" Shakespeare, Othello Act 2, Scene 3

ultrarider123

« Reply #19 on: May 10, 2016, 09:06:07 AM »

Yitzak,

Sorry to hear you had problems with your bike. It does sound like a lemon. Sometimes you get them, my 2001 Ultra was a lemon, went through a stator every year or so. My 2006 CVO Ultra has been bullet proof. Best bike I have ever owned. Before buying your next bike, study and review consumer reports about repair and reliability. You will be surprised to find that HD may rank higher than BMW in this category.

Like EVERY segment of society you will find people who rub you the wrong way. I do not believe it is limited only to folks who ride HD. If you choose to limit your association by brands, you will find the world a limited place. I try and remember that it is the man and not the machine that makes the biggest difference. The machine is merely an extension of the man, and if the man is a Jerk, his machine will be seen likewise.

I do believe that regardless of whatever brand you migrate to, you will find jerks. There are jerks on BMWs, Hondas, Suzukis, Yamahas, Victory, Can-Am, Ducati, Kawasakis, Triumph, and Ural. There will be those who sport tattoos, speak loudly and brashly and hog the road with their selfish acts. You come across them every day. Only you can make the decisions that most comfortably suit your lifestyle. All I'm saying is that if you think in one specific brand you will a utopia of well behaved, shaved, polite, properly manicured and ink free riders you are sadly mistaken.

Here, in the US we all make fun of each other to some degree. The sport bike riders call HD riders "The Village People" because they wear leather chaps and vests. The HD Riders call the sport bike riders "Power Rangers" because they dress in loud and colorful racing suits, and The GoldWing/BMW riders are often called "EuroTrash", because their long distance bikes are usually filthy as the riders see layers of bugs, grime, and dirt as badges of honor.  But I guarantee no matter which group you gravitate to you will find the jerks, or more accurately, the jerks will find you.

I loved your statement that HD needs to rebrand it's image. That image has been carefully marketed and advertised for over 100 years. The true product that HD sells is not motorcycle, but the image of Freedom and Independence. Truth be told, ANY motorcycle can do what the other does, simple fact. So to get you to buy their product, they sell you the concept of freedom and independence. And for HD that image is the open road on a black bike wearing HD clothes and attending massive HOG rallys, the antithesis of what freedom and independence is.  And in that, you will find jerks.

Regardless of whatever brand you buy for whatever reason you choose, know that you are still welcome here. Although this is a CVO forum, and the members mostly ride CVO, know that we have members who do not. Many of our members "graduate" to BMWs. Some ride GoldWings, and some like you have sold their bikes but still remain.

When I finally get to meet you in person, I hope this 5'8", 160lb, bald, tattoo free, non-smoking, rule following, Shakespeare quoting asian does not rub you the wrong way. But if I do, please know that's me, and not my machine.

Mark

Wow Mark.  I've never quite seen "kiss my arse" written with such wonderful prose... :huepfenlol2:

Seriously, very well said and so true in all your statements, sir.

Yitsak, best wishes to you in wherever the road takes you and with whatever you decide to ride on it.  Keep it between the ditches.

DOCGSS

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • MD

• CVO1: 2020 CVO STREET GLIDE
« Reply #20 on: May 10, 2016, 09:08:01 AM »

I have owned 7 different motorcycle marques. 11 of my bikes have been Harleys, although I started with my Norton 850 Commando. I currently have a 2014 RK CVO, a 2012 Triumph Thunderbird and a Vespa 300 GTi. I have also owned a Victory within the past 2 years. I follow the forums on each of the brands I own and there always is one common theme:
the manufacturer sucks with a long list of gripes about product flaws etc. Even Apple gets these same complaints.

Many of the complaints are valid, although customer reviews and ratings for e-commerce is rapidly changing that space as far as customer service. The bottom line in customer service really ends with the dealership and what they are willing to do to preserve a loyal and long term relationship.

As far as HD, they seem to be no better or worse than the other brands I have had. I suspect with the recent sales challenges, they will be more accommodating. They already are far better than many other in test rides. Try to test a Metric bike in southern Florida.

BUT as far as the HD image, lifestyle, and community, no one has come close to their success. In the end a motorcycle for most of us, especially those of us on this forum with CVOs, are not measured by "value" or practicality, they have none; we don't require a motorcycle. The measure is lifestyle, enjoyment, and the intangible returns from an impractical purchase done primarily for the fun of it. As you might guess I love motorcycles, but the intangible return for me is the real "value" of my Harley and no other bike has it at that level. That being said this is a very unfortunate set of events.

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #21 on: May 10, 2016, 09:10:47 AM »

You'll find law enforcement officers and ex-cons both riding Harley Davidson....some with good experiences with the MoCo and some with bad experiences with the MoCo.  At times, you'll even find them riding together but please, don't judge one by the actions of another.  Jusayinzall.
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

ak

• 1K CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #22 on: May 10, 2016, 09:33:38 AM »

I don't disagree with everything you've said quoted above. I do think the wannabe's are a negative for this brand however.

I was riding in Northern California recently just before deciding to sell, in a city called Santa Cruz. Wonderful roads. A great place called Alice's in the area which I stopped in for lunch. Many loud pipes ridden by tattooed and long mustache men. Ok, no problem. But they talk in a way that represents the brand poorly. A group of four left the restaurant about ten minutes in front me me. Within 20 minutes I arrived at a traffic jam of no less than 15 cars. I passed each until I could get to the bus blocking the way. The problem is, it was not a bus at all. It was the four Harley's refusing to move over for the traffic that they were holding up. Their badass persona had them projecting the image of they're the greatest and nobody should mess with them. It was completely selfish to block traffic and with total disregard for the number of vehicles behind them, to block the road. That was the straw that broke the camel back. I didn't want to be associated with thy crowd no more. That sight is too often seen for me to be comfortable representing myself as supporting this lifestyle. One must always think of others.
    Gotta be careful in Santa Cruz and Alice's It"s  a Del Fuegos Hang out . They will get you in trouble and before you know it they"ve got you buying Alumin siding for your house
,04seeg,s 09 roadglide,09 ultra

GregKhougaz

• It's a Two Wheeled World.
  • Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: '22 BMW Grand America
    • CVO2: '18 Porsche C4 GTS
    • CVO3: '22 Porsche Macan GTS and my mountain bike.
« Reply #23 on: May 10, 2016, 10:03:38 AM »

Well said, Mark!   

"We've got some tall tales we love to tell.  They may not be true but we sure do remember them well." 
 Sawyer Brown

When you come to a fork in the road... take it!

TinSpinner

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: FLHTCUSE8
« Reply #24 on: May 10, 2016, 10:15:10 AM »

You are not alone in the way you see others, the negatives do not fit my persona either but I choose to make my own image. Just like anything else we do in life, whether it is our religious beliefs, our political ideology, or our careers, there are some among us that we may share a common interest or belief with but, aside from that, we have nothing else in common. Those few that we are not in agreement with shouldn't taint the pleasure or satisfaction we get from our common interests.

I enjoy fishing and hunting and do those things quite often, observing the rules and regulations at all times. I am also aware there are fishermen and hunters that will neglect every rule, get caught and bring negative attention to those of us who play by the rules. The rule breakers have and will continue to cause those of us who are more ethical to endure closer scrutiny and harsher regulations, they can not take away my passion for the sport though. It is up to the individual to project the image that best represents their own core beliefs. Best of luck to you.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2016, 10:28:30 AM by TinSpinner »

AMEDD_SFC

• Senior CVO Member
  • 2014 CVO Limited
    • TX

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited - The Big Red One
« Reply #25 on: May 10, 2016, 11:46:09 AM »

Get yourself a BMW K1600GTL. At least the Harley guys won't run you off the road on that bike.

I am still laughing!  (about the video)    :D

M
« Last Edit: May 10, 2016, 04:14:25 PM by AMEDD_SFC »

Mark B.
SFC, USA (RET)

FlaHeatWave

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: '01 FXDWG2 RED 103 6sp
    • CVO2: '05 FLHTCSE2 CHERRY
    • CVO3: '09 FLTRSE3 YELLOW 117/DD7
« Reply #26 on: May 10, 2016, 01:31:16 PM »

'Very familiar with Alice's and the area, all very twisty 2 lanes throughout the surrounding forests, usually a fair amount of traffic.

Yea those big burley "biker types" with the hairy faces, tattoos, and loud pipes, scare me too, just not nearly as much as the asshat that was passing (15+ vehicles) because they were impatient, another dumbass on a Harley ...

'Still feelin' queasy, 'think I'm going to hurl again... 
"I've read dozens of books about heros and crooks, and learned much from both of their styles"

RonandJanet

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #27 on: May 10, 2016, 02:02:06 PM »

My 2 cents!  Sorry you had such bad luck with your Harley.  Lemons can occur in any brand.  I don't worry about what other people think and I don't judge other people especially by what they wear or how they live. I make my option on the actions taken.  I have found most riders are good people and will all help out regardless of what you are riding. There are also some that are just an a...ss which you will find anywhere.  I find most people that are riding for years simply love to ride. The ones starting out still think it all about being cool and most will get rid of their bike within a year or so or they just sit in the garage (again to look cool).  Harley has a look that I like in bikes (old school). I have owned many brands and enjoyed riding each when I had them but when I could finally get the HAWG I loved the ride and love to ride. Yes I have tattoos, yes I am independent, no large mustache but rather a trimmed mustache and beard and yes I have been known to not follow the rules.

Mr. Warlock

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #28 on: May 10, 2016, 02:07:02 PM »

Although I agree with all the comments regarding his past experience with the MoCo and all good reason to give up on Harley......... The main body of "this" thread is lame at best......... I'm sorry but that's a pretty piss poor reason to not want to be associated with Harley's. Harley riders / "Bikers" overall, are the friendliest most giving individuals you will find anywhere.
Lived hard and fast, laughed harder than humans have a right to and continue to do so.

rockytop117

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • TN

« Reply #29 on: May 10, 2016, 03:12:24 PM »

'Very familiar with Alice's and the area, all very twisty 2 lanes throughout the surrounding forests, usually a fair amount of traffic.

Yea those big burley "biker types" with the hairy faces, tattoos, and loud pipes, scare me too, just not nearly as much as the asshat that was passing (15+ vehicles) because they were impatient, another dumbass on a Harley ...

'Still feelin' queasy, 'think I'm going to hurl again...
Winner, winner chicken dinner!
11 SERG.
117ci
570G S&S
RB RACING 2-1
SE 58MM TB
HPI INJECTORS
WFO LARRY HEADS
COMP 10:2 CCP 190
DIRECT LINK TUNE BY STROKERJLK
SAE128.09/STD131.32 HP  TQ135.89 std 139.31
RC COMPONENTS WHEELS & A/C
VPC 92 CLUTCH
FOSGATE AMP, FOCAL SPEAKERS

AMEDD_SFC

• Senior CVO Member
  • 2014 CVO Limited
    • TX

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited - The Big Red One
« Reply #30 on: May 10, 2016, 04:12:11 PM »

That's why I don't ride with groups anymore.  Doesn't matter - Hog, Vets, club, you name it - people act like a$$es when they get into a group.  Always trying to show boat and gain attention.  I am 54 years old and don't have time for high school games.

I wear appropriate riding gear, but have never needed to dress like a "biker" to impress or try to look like something I am not.  I just like to ride and I am glad I am able to afford a Harley.

We boomers, who looked up to the "bad boy" bikers of our youth have grown up (for the most part).  Then again some people grow up while others just grow old.

Shalom,

M

Mark B.
SFC, USA (RET)

HUBBARD

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE7
    • WV

« Reply #31 on: May 10, 2016, 04:46:54 PM »

WTF?  What are you, man, the "image police?"  What gives you the right to judge me, or anybody, for that matter?  And, who gives a chit what you represent?  Your preachin' ain't reachin'!  There endeth the lesson.  Later--HUBBARD   
2012 FLHTCUSE7  (Electric Orange/Black)  Built Motor (124), D&D "Borzilla" Exhaust, Tilley/K&N Air Induction,
"National President"-"Hillbilly Rocket Riders", MC, Mother Chapter, WV
"National President"-"W.H.O.R.E", TPT, WV Chapter

Road Dad

• Senior CVO Member
    • MI

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited - 117 CU
« Reply #32 on: May 10, 2016, 04:55:57 PM »

I agree on one point. I hate the Morans that ride in staggered formation and hold up traffic.

turn_key

« Reply #33 on: May 10, 2016, 04:58:02 PM »

To each his own. However, I'd rather be associated with Harley and bikers, who have been some of the friendliest and helpful people I have met, than some of those idiots on sport bikes.

murphy

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #34 on: May 10, 2016, 05:13:45 PM »

Dear HerbrewHarley:

You need to change your CVOHarley handle...

Love always,
Murphy

:huepfenlol2:

EZRIDN

• Elite CVO Member
    • NE

« Reply #35 on: May 10, 2016, 06:17:34 PM »

WTF?  What are you, man, the "image police?"  What gives you the right to judge me, or anybody, for that matter?  And, who gives a chit what you represent?  Your preachin' ain't reachin'!  There endeth the lesson.  Later--HUBBARD
    That was the point I was trying to make in my earlier post.....only a little more subtle.   
       <as he sits here twisting the ends of his moustache contemplating a new tattoo>
"My goal is to become that old person everyone is afraid to take out in public."

"I would like to apologize to anyone I have not yet offended...please be patient...I will get to you shortly ."

HD Owners Tip #39:  "Although the manual doesn't mention it, some swearing seems to help most machines run a little better."

Major Tom

• Senior CVO Member
    • LA

• CVO1: Blue n Blue 2015 FLTRUSE - Lucille
    • CVO2: Grey n' Black 2011 FLTRUSE - Bertha (Sold)
« Reply #36 on: May 10, 2016, 06:49:55 PM »

Mr HerbrewHarley,

I found your post to be an interesting study of human behaviour although not necessarily desirable behaviour and now find it necessary to comment on your sad attitude towards other motorcyclists.

I don't really care if folks want to dress like pirates or arsetronauts to go riding. Each to their own. I am unaware of a 'dress code' for motorcycle enthusiasts and as you haven't provided any references I can only assume there isn't one. In the absence of such, I respect everyone's choice to wear and ride what they please.

I fully understand your choosing to go with another flavour of motorcycle. Your choice.

Possibly something got lost in translation from the Israeli but last time (and every time) I looked I am the only person who represents me and how I dress/act/ride etc is entirely my choice. I would expect that if I choose to be an arsehat I will be scaring timid folks with weak stomachs like the Florida Heatwave and spend my time hanging with other arsehats who behave obnoxiously at traffic lights. If I want to cover myself in several dead cows, wear pins and go to HOG rallies to play bingo then I will no doubt get to play bingo with other folks with facial hair that are dressed as Village people (yes I did go to one HOG rally for a visit and that is exactly what they were doing). If I want to dress like Valentino Rossi on a crotch rocket then so be it. If I want to cover myself in tattoos instead of clothes then I will. Its a matter of personal choice. Shame on you for judging me because of my choices.

I find no correlation between the problems you experienced with the MoCo and your dislike of long 'moustaches', tattooed folks and those who choose to wear less clothing. I also find it hard to associate the MoCo and all who ride HDs with one group of inconsiderate Arsehats on HDs. Please let me know if you find a motorcycle brand that does not have anyone riding it who behaves poorly.

Like you, I am not a big fan of the whole brand marketing approach but I do like to ride and my preferred ride is a Harley. I buy/use what I consider the best fit for purpose. If HD has a product that works well and is not completely splashed with all of their logos then I will generally go with that. I have no compunction in using other brands if it is a better product.

Generally I am more than a bit fussy about who I ride with. I do not judge folks on their appearance (let's face it, no one is ever going to look as good as me so I have to be tolerant) or what marque they may choose to ride on any given day (I have a brother in law who for some unknown reason likes to ride a Honda Valkryie and I still ride with him because he rides well).

I leave judging folks on their personal choices to Wankers (Australian for bigot which we all know is another word for dickhead....I'm sure you get my drift). I am however very prone to judging people who I ride with on their riding behaviour. If you ride like a dickhead then find someone else to ride with. I don't need someone riding with me who puts me, Miss Lenda, Lucille, my mates or other road users at risk.

Translation:
-I will not ride twice with wankers who put me or mine in danger.
-I don't care what you ride its how you ride that matters to me.
-I do not judge folks by their appearance, people who do are wankers (yes this means you mate)
-I am not scared of long mustaches unless they are on ladies. (I am also ok with barely clad ladies)
-Tattoos are a personal choice. As the saying goes.......... 'tattoed people don't care if you have tattoos or not'. (This puts you squarely in the wanker category once again)
-I totally agree with your being unhappy with the MoCo over no support (I do wonder if that was discussed prior to taking the bike to Israel?). What you do is your choice and I wish you well.

I suggest you change your handle to
HebrewHaterofMustachesTattoosBarelyClothedPeopleHarleysandHDMoCor or something shorter with the same meaning like 'Wanker'

Major Tom

MrSurly

• Formidable Faux
  • Elite CVO Member
    • TX

« Reply #37 on: May 10, 2016, 07:04:01 PM »

But the real question, since you've made it plain that you do not want to associate with "Harley types"...

And this is the Most Pertinent question:

Why the *F* did you come here and post this tripe?

What approbation did you expect to find?

If you were serious about your stated intent, you would have kept on walking out the door.

You posted this to what end? Make yourself feel superior? To hopefully find other HD owners who hated the things but needed your imprimatur in order to "come out" and join your misguided tirade?

If you actually *mean* what you said, move along. Disappear.

Go forth and spread your disgust elsewhere...we've got riding to do.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2016, 11:34:37 PM by MrSurly »

2010FLHTCUSE5

fastfreddy

• 1K CVO Member
  • MY CVO
    • IA

• CVO1: 2013 FLTRXSE traded
    • CVO2: 2016 FLTRUSE
« Reply #38 on: May 10, 2016, 07:05:28 PM »

see ya later hater  :2vrolijk_21:
SERGU aka the RENTAL ... never home & always broke...Thnx FF

FLY-DOG

• 1K CVO Member
  • U.S. Navy (30 years); Delta Air Lines (22 years)
    • FL

• CVO1: FLHXSE3
« Reply #39 on: May 10, 2016, 07:59:15 PM »

Some of the kindest, best hearted men I've known look like the people you describe on the outside. Don't judge a book by it's cover...... Long hair, beards, mustaches and tattoos don't make a bad person. I'm a clean shaven no tattoo professional by choice but I have personal friends and riding partners of all types.  We all get along because we don't judge each other by how the other one looks.  Loud pipes, quiet pipes, to each their own.  If your that judgmental then don't go out in public and hang out with Harley riders. I recommend a small CC step through bike for you; it would likely draw the crowd your looking for.  By the way, last time I was in Israel, I saw plenty of particularly long haired and bearded folks - orthadox Jews and they were just fine folks too. Loosen up and enjoy life....you only get one.
Current Stable:
2021 BMW R1250 GSA Rallye
2016 Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited w/392 Hemi
2012 CVO Street Glide
2007 Mustang GT500
2006 YZ250F

HebrewHarley

• Banned
  • Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com

« Reply #40 on: May 10, 2016, 08:07:05 PM »

.  By the way, last time I was in Israel, I saw plenty of particularly long haired and bearded folks - orthadox Jews and they were just fine folks too. Loosen up and enjoy life....you only get one.

That is because our religion dictates the beard, but not the long hair, and no tattoos. And you'll never see a scruffy bearded Jew, because it is disrespectful to g-d.

All that I am here to say is be who you ARE not who your motorcycle brand says that you "should" be.

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #41 on: May 10, 2016, 08:08:43 PM »

Dammit.  I read this whole thread & not one post about chicks, beer, or pie. Not even a weird pool boy reference or what type of spark plug is the sparkiest or the oiliest oil or the waxiest polish. Waste of time. 

:drink: :drink:
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
    • VA

« Reply #42 on: May 10, 2016, 08:11:34 PM »

That is because our religion dictates the beard, but not the long hair, and no tattoos. And you'll never see a scruffy bearded Jew, because it is disrespectful to g-d.

All that I am here to say is be who you ARE not who your motorcycle brand says that you "should" be.
Maybe you should look in the mirror... because who you are saying you are isn't who you really are... you can hide for only so long before the truth will be told/found out.

Ride Safe,
Fired00d
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

TN

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • SC

« Reply #43 on: May 10, 2016, 08:12:31 PM »

Mr HerbrewHarley,

I found your post to be an interesting study of human behaviour although not necessarily desirable behaviour and now find it necessary to comment on your sad attitude towards other motorcyclists.

I don't really care if folks want to dress like pirates or arsetronauts to go riding. Each to their own. I am unaware of a 'dress code' for motorcycle enthusiasts and as you haven't provided any references I can only assume there isn't one. In the absence of such, I respect everyone's choice to wear and ride what they please.

I fully understand your choosing to go with another flavour of motorcycle. Your choice.

Possibly something got lost in translation from the Israeli but last time (and every time) I looked I am the only person who represents me and how I dress/act/ride etc is entirely my choice. I would expect that if I choose to be an arsehat I will be scaring timid folks with weak stomachs like the Florida Heatwave and spend my time hanging with other arsehats who behave obnoxiously at traffic lights. If I want to cover myself in several dead cows, wear pins and go to HOG rallies to play bingo then I will no doubt get to play bingo with other folks with facial hair that are dressed as Village people (yes I did go to one HOG rally for a visit and that is exactly what they were doing). If I want to dress like Valentino Rossi on a crotch rocket then so be it. If I want to cover myself in tattoos instead of clothes then I will. Its a matter of personal choice. Shame on you for judging me because of my choices.

I find no correlation between the problems you experienced with the MoCo and your dislike of long 'moustaches', tattooed folks and those who choose to wear less clothing. I also find it hard to associate the MoCo and all who ride HDs with one group of inconsiderate Arsehats on HDs. Please let me know if you find a motorcycle brand that does not have anyone riding it who behaves poorly.

Like you, I am not a big fan of the whole brand marketing approach but I do like to ride and my preferred ride is a Harley. I buy/use what I consider the best fit for purpose. If HD has a product that works well and is not completely splashed with all of their logos then I will generally go with that. I have no compunction in using other brands if it is a better product.

Generally I am more than a bit fussy about who I ride with. I do not judge folks on their appearance (let's face it, no one is ever going to look as good as me so I have to be tolerant) or what marque they may choose to ride on any given day (I have a brother in law who for some unknown reason likes to ride a Honda Valkryie and I still ride with him because he rides well).

I leave judging folks on their personal choices to Wankers (Australian for bigot which we all know is another word for dickhead....I'm sure you get my drift). I am however very prone to judging people who I ride with on their riding behaviour. If you ride like a dickhead then find someone else to ride with. I don't need someone riding with me who puts me, Miss Lenda, Lucille, my mates or other road users at risk.

Translation:
-I will not ride twice with wankers who put me or mine in danger.
-I don't care what you ride its how you ride that matters to me.
-I do not judge folks by their appearance, people who do are wankers (yes this means you mate)
-I am not scared of long mustaches unless they are on ladies. (I am also ok with barely clad ladies)
-Tattoos are a personal choice. As the saying goes.......... 'tattoed people don't care if you have tattoos or not'. (This puts you squarely in the wanker category once again)
-I totally agree with your being unhappy with the MoCo over no support (I do wonder if that was discussed prior to taking the bike to Israel?). What you do is your choice and I wish you well.

I suggest you change your handle to
HebrewHaterofMustachesTattoosBarelyClothedPeopleHarleysandHDMoCor or something shorter with the same meaning like 'Wanker'

Major Tom

Tom, yer writing skills impress me. May I sum it up in three words?  :D

TN

murphy

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #44 on: May 10, 2016, 09:27:53 PM »

From bike brand, to dress code to religion... this is going to turn out ugly.

I'm surprised the moderation gods haven't stepped in yet.

:nixweiss:

262 CVO 16

• Full CVO Member
  • MOLON LABE
    • WI

• CVO1: 2016 Carbon Crystal
    • CVO2: 2015 Jeep Willys JK on 35s
    • CVO3: 2014 Black Denim SG (Sold)
« Reply #45 on: May 10, 2016, 10:04:53 PM »

Racism. PREJUDICE.  Yep,  a strong word. That's what you're talking about. The irony that you're missing? You my ex-motorcycle brother are the foreigner here. What would your reaction be to people judging you? Realize that this great country, that allows people like you the opportunity to visit doesn't need your lack of respect. I've been riding on two wheels before I could walk, I have full slaves of tattoos, I've ridden shirtless, I have pretty loud pipes and even occasionally have facial hair. I must be a hoodlum!! Actually, I work for an engineering firm, I have a beautiful wife and family. I am what sme consider "highly educated". This - is where your ignorance ruins your ability to meet amazing people like I have from around the world on motorcycles.  Well, I'm sure you have like-minded people surrounding you, so.... imaging what they're judging you on when you're not around. Karma. It always finds a way my man.
2016 CVO Street Glide
Carbon Crystal w/ Phantom Flames
Matching Tourpack
Day Maker Spots
CD LED Blinkers
16" Apes
Yaffe Plate

Joel

• 1K CVO Member
    • WA

• CVO1: 2015 CVO LIMITED
« Reply #46 on: May 10, 2016, 10:32:18 PM »

Hey hebrew I was wondering if you still have those noisy Reinhart mufflers you had on your bike when you were ok with being 1 of us?
I now a fellow that was thinking getting something to wake his neighbors when he leaves for work at 0400.
If you do I can forward your info on your for sale thread
Always keep 2 feet away from your shadow

bigchuck

• Elite CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • TX

• CVO1: 2015 Limited
« Reply #47 on: May 10, 2016, 10:48:28 PM »

I am still laughing!  (about the video)    :D

M

I skipped video at first then went back to View it. It's the only thing good coming out of this thread. It's a must watch. Thanks for the laugh
2015 CVO Limited
Long Ride Shield
Fullsac dx w/2"cores, TTS tuned by Wolfgang
Super Shox

bigchuck

• Elite CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • TX

« Reply #48 on: May 10, 2016, 10:50:28 PM »

Am I the only one that finds it funny that a Hebrew person has a hogg? Next time make sure it's kosher.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2016, 10:53:56 PM by bigchuck »
2015 CVO Limited
Long Ride Shield
Super Shox

HebrewHarley

• Banned
  • Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com

« Reply #49 on: May 10, 2016, 11:00:12 PM »

Hey hebrew I was wondering if you still have those noisy Reinhart mufflers you had on your bike when you were ok with being 1 of us?
I now a fellow that was thinking getting something to wake his neighbors when he leaves for work at 0400.
If you do I can forward your info on your for sale thread

No, they are sold.  Removed due to being much too loud.
 I do not understand why all the hatred, and defensive posturing.  Usually one is only defensive when they're insecure. Is that the case here?

Joel

• 1K CVO Member
    • WA

« Reply #50 on: May 10, 2016, 11:11:56 PM »

I'll let him know. Seems his neighbor has a dog that is outside and barks all night. He was thinking of positioning the bike to have the pipes point towards the guys window when he warms it up.

HebrewHarley

• Banned
  • Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com

« Reply #51 on: May 10, 2016, 11:13:24 PM »

Am I the only one that finds it funny that a Hebrew person has a hogg? Next time make sure it's kosher.

Yes, you are the only one.  I not only find the above comment terribly in poor taste, but also the Hitler video.  I think it only goes to prove my point even better.  It really affirms my point that so many Harley riders are selfish, unintelligent, and discriminatory. Clearly, CVO owners should be on the upper echelon in so far as class is concerned.  The best of the best, so to speak. This thread has certainly disapproven that theory though.

bigchuck

• Elite CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • TX

« Reply #52 on: May 10, 2016, 11:22:17 PM »

Yes, you are the only one.  I not only find the above comment terribly in poor taste, but also the Hitler video.  I think it only goes to prove my point even better.  It really affirms my point that so many Harley riders are selfish, unintelligent, and discriminatory. Clearly, CVO owners should be on the upper echelon in so far as class is concerned.  The best of the best, so to speak. This thread has certainly disapproven that theory though.

I personally found humor in it because this thread is way too serious. If I offended you that was not my intention. And as far as Hitler goes we took care of him. Should have much sooner than we did but did when no one else could. And Harley Davidson helped.
2015 CVO Limited
Long Ride Shield
Super Shox

MrSurly

• Formidable Faux
  • Elite CVO Member
    • TX

« Reply #53 on: May 10, 2016, 11:29:04 PM »

That WAS your goal in posting inflammatory, disparaging remarks about the very group you posted in, was it not?
You tossed a flare into a fireworks stand and then complained of the noise.
You are clearly TROLLING, I am hoping a moderator will shortly drop the Ban Bomb on you and delete your Hate-filled spewing.

2010FLHTCUSE5

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #54 on: May 10, 2016, 11:31:27 PM »

Yes, you are the only one.  I not only find the above comment terribly in poor taste, but also the Hitler video.  I think it only goes to prove my point even better. It really affirms my point that so many Harley riders are selfish, unintelligent, and discriminatory. Clearly, CVO owners should be on the upper echelon in so far as class is concerned.  The best of the best, so to speak. This thread has certainly disapproven that theory though.

That statement is so hypocritical of you.  You make a broad judgement of a group of people because they ride the same brand of motorcycle....the same brand that you were also riding until recently.  What was your perspective of this group of people a year ago....last May?
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

HebrewHarley

• Banned
  • Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com

« Reply #55 on: May 10, 2016, 11:34:13 PM »

That statement is so hypocritical of you.  You make a broad judgement of a group of people because they ride the same brand of motorcycle....the same brand that you were also riding until recently.  What was your perspective of this group of people a year ago....last May?

One year ago my perspective was different. But, as I have spent more time stateside my perspective has changed. That is permissible, correct? I have new information that has altered my perspective and opinion.

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #56 on: May 10, 2016, 11:36:37 PM »

You're still here? :nixweiss:

We all know that you really like it here and you like the people here.....your actions speak louder than your typed words.  You'll be here tomorrow and the next day, too.  You can't leave!  :2vrolijk_21:

West Coast GTG   

HebrewHarley

• Banned
  • Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com

« Reply #57 on: May 10, 2016, 11:58:09 PM »

We all know that you really like it here and you like the people here.....your actions speak louder than your typed words.  You'll be here tomorrow and the next day, too.  You can't leave!  :2vrolijk_21:

I am in San Diego tonight as a matter of fact. Free for breakfast tomorrow to discuss in person?

MrSurly

• Formidable Faux
  • Elite CVO Member
    • TX

« Reply #58 on: May 11, 2016, 12:11:25 AM »

HebrewHarley, please explain why you came here to post this.
What did you want to accomplish?
What are you hoping will be said to make to help your self image?
Are you expecting to enlist constituents? Sympathizers?
Are you intending to *shame* the members here?
Were you booted from the BMW forum?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2010FLHTCUSE5

DesertHOG

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Vivid Black Special
    • NM

• Join me on Facebook
« Reply #59 on: May 11, 2016, 12:23:42 AM »

That was the point I was trying to make in my earlier post.....only a little more subtle.   
       <as he sits here twisting the ends of his moustache contemplating a new tattoo>

That avatar GIF has got me on the edge of an epileptic seizure. I looked cool for about the first 5 seconds and then my eyes started hurting. :)

DesertHOG

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Vivid Black Special
    • NM

• Join me on Facebook
« Reply #60 on: May 11, 2016, 12:38:40 AM »

What makes the Hitler video funny is the context and the content with regard to Harley's and other motorcycles. There is nothing offensive about that video to anyone and particularly based on race, including Jews. And if the mere mention or thought of Hitler is offensive then you are just asking the world to forget that terrible bastard and the possibility that it could happen all over again if we all "just forget".

So rather than coming here, talking chit about Harleys, those that ride them and spewing your judgmental opinions that aren't based in fact, but purely on  appearance or a few bad apples - why don't you just slink away into the night.

DesertHOG

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Vivid Black Special
    • NM

• Join me on Facebook
« Reply #61 on: May 11, 2016, 12:41:14 AM »

:2vrolijk_21: x2

Joel

• 1K CVO Member
    • WA

« Reply #62 on: May 11, 2016, 01:04:50 AM »

The OP stated a problem with a bike. Well I had a problem with a bike also, after a long list of items replaced and a great dissapointment in this bike, that by the way is only a material thing, I knew how to ride that bike, I didn't try to hit a rev limiter or wonder how to change gears with out the clutch, I did talked with the owner of the dealership as I had all along, with respect. I treated them as I wanted to be treated. And with thousands of miles on that bike they bought it back for what I paid them for it.
What I read here is you bought a bike and blow the motor up, you were upset and voiced your feeling to the dealer and they told to eatsh it. I'm thinking that they had tats, beards smoking a cigar and laughed in your face. Thats too bad. Now you want to do your best to pass that taste left in your mouth on to others. Your sad, you can't hit the ball and want to take your bat home, so grab it off the ground and off you go.

HebrewHarley

• Banned
  • Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com

« Reply #63 on: May 11, 2016, 01:14:16 AM »

Your sad, you can't hit the ball and want to take your bat home, so grab it off the ground and off you go.

English is not my first language, yet I still know the difference between your & you're.
You're: As in YOU ARE
Your: Belonging to someone

Grade three English sure is difficult, huh?  :orange:

Ironhorse

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: 2006 SE Ultra
    • CVO2: 2018 GoldWing DCT Airbag
« Reply #64 on: May 11, 2016, 02:03:38 AM »

Yitzak,

You have definitely gotten the flavor of the many different types of individuals here. We are, as a collective, a very eclectic group. Please understand that no one person speaks for all of us. They do however speak for themselves. We represent the broad spectrum of the USA from all four corners of this nation. I will also include Canada and Mexico, our neighbors as we have members there too.

One thing you will find in each of us, is the desire to be who we are and do as we please, and that is what you are hearing tonight. The collective voices of individuals. This mix of people can be volatile and harmonious. In other countries, most of the population is made up of the indigenous people. In the USA, we are made up of people of ALL nations and cultures. There is no "one type of American". A quick look at our Olympic history reveals people named Yamaguchi, Spitz, Phelps, Boitano, Eruzione, O'Brien, Ali, Thorpe, Kerrigan, Fraizer, DeLaHoya, and Kwan. All of them 100% American, and all of them different. While these fine athletes may have been born here, their parents and grandparents may not have been. They may be Catholic, Protestant, Jewish, Buddhist, Muslim, or Hindu. It doesn't matter, they are Americans. Different by looks, color, language, faith, and appearance, but 100% American all the same. With this kind of a national foundation, I hope you can see why many here get upset when they are put in a general overall category. It doesn't work. To say that ALL HD riders have tatts, loud pipes, and act as hooligans is just not true. It is also not fair. It is what I call, Contempt Prior to Investigation, or judging a book by it's cover.

What you encountered in one day, at Alice', outside of Santa Cruz is NOT how ALL American Harley riders are. To pass judgment over ALL of us over this one thing is irresponsible. It is also unfair. I really hope you see that.

Speaking only for myself, I hope you buy another motorcycle, (Brand does not matter), and I hope you stick around. I hope you get to meet us, in the flesh, and see how different, and how alike we are.

Mark
"But men are men, the best sometimes forget" Shakespeare, Othello Act 2, Scene 3

HebrewHarley

• Banned
  • Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com

« Reply #65 on: May 11, 2016, 02:36:30 AM »

What you encountered in one day, at Alice', outside of Santa Cruz is NOT how ALL American Harley riders are. To pass judgment over ALL of us over this one thing is irresponsible. It is also unfair. I really hope you see that.

I appreciate your note and I agree with all that you wrote. I would like to call your attention to the fact that I never said ALL HD riders are this way or that way. No, the concept of "ALL" HD riders being lumped in a category was created right here in this thread by the members of this forum.

Shalom ("peace"),
Yitzhak

Major Tom

• Senior CVO Member
    • LA

« Reply #66 on: May 11, 2016, 04:16:08 AM »

Tom, yer writing skills impress me. May I sum it up in three words?  :D

TN

Yes you may

skratch

• 1K CVO Member
    • LA

• CVO1: 2013 FLTRXSE2 Roman Gold/Burnt Emerald
« Reply #67 on: May 11, 2016, 06:20:37 AM »

English is not my first language, yet I still know the difference between your & you're.

no need to be a dick about it.  i'm sure the poster knows the difference as well.  tiny phone keyboards, and autocorrect has made more than one person look like they can't spell.

you hate long mustached, tattooed bikers who don't wear ATTGAT?  well, i hate grammar police.  the whole point of words is to communicate.  did you not know what he meant even though your was swapped for you're?  if you did, then mission accomplished.
I understand the concept of reality, but find it too confining as a way of life

262 CVO 16

• Full CVO Member
  • MOLON LABE
    • WI

• CVO1: 2016 Carbon Crystal
    • CVO2: 2015 Jeep Willys JK on 35s
    • CVO3: 2014 Black Denim SG (Sold)
« Reply #68 on: May 11, 2016, 06:36:07 AM »

I appreciate your note and I agree with all that you wrote. I would like to call your attention to the fact that I never said ALL HD riders are this way or that way. No, the concept of "ALL" HD riders being lumped in a category was created right here in this thread by the members of this forum.

Shalom ("peace"),

Refusing to associate with a Brand because of the people that use it - IS implying ALL. This isn't an assumption, it's your words.  Too late, you've stepped in it, and it smells.  Take care. I'll be removing my notifications about this thread. Enjoy you're next trend or bandwagon!
Yitzhak
2016 CVO Street Glide
Carbon Crystal w/ Phantom Flames
Matching Tourpack
Day Maker Spots
CD LED Blinkers
16" Apes
Yaffe Plate

HebrewHarley

• Banned
  • Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com

« Reply #69 on: May 11, 2016, 06:49:28 AM »

you hate long mustached, tattooed bikers who don't wear ATTGAT?  well, i hate grammar police.  the whole point of words is to communicate.  did you not know what he meant even though your was swapped for you're?  if you did, then mission accomplished.

Nope. I don't mind people not wearing all the gear. It's their call

• My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge, when my information changes, I alter my conclusions
  • 5k CVO Member
  • monter le cheval de fer (French)
    • NC

• CVO1: 2013 SERK-Dressed in BLUE of course.
    • CVO2: 2002 Supercharged HD F150 512 RWHP
    • CVO3: 1956 BelAir Sports Coupe
« Reply #70 on: May 11, 2016, 07:12:12 AM »

GOOD BY you narrow minded dipchit......and yes I know the difference between by & bye, also the difference between whole-hearted & hole-azzed.
Most Honda Goldwing riders will blink when hit in the head  with a ball-peen hammer (sans helmet)

TN

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • SC

« Reply #71 on: May 11, 2016, 07:32:04 AM »

Yes you may

Go screw yerself ........................................am I close?

TN

bigchuck

• Elite CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • TX

« Reply #72 on: May 11, 2016, 07:34:00 AM »

Your absolutely write.
2015 CVO Limited
Long Ride Shield
Super Shox

ultrarider123

« Reply #73 on: May 11, 2016, 07:51:14 AM »

If'n heed jus reed sum uv de postes awl us'n's half ritten heer, heed reealyze we's ownlee a'trian two hecksplane hour poynt uv vew.

Ain't Ainglish a phuny laingwidge?

Yitsak, may the grace of God be with you always.

Vaya con Dios; I cum Deo; lekh eem ha-eloHEEM; Geh mit Gott; Aller avec Dieu; Go with God, sir.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2016, 08:00:37 AM by Haird »

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
    • VA

« Reply #74 on: May 11, 2016, 07:57:14 AM »

HebrewHarley why don't you PassMeABeer.... truth will set you free. :2vrolijk_21:

Ride Safe,
Fired00d
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

TN

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • SC

« Reply #75 on: May 11, 2016, 07:58:16 AM »

Yitsak, this is where you should call uncle sir. Hold yer hands up and surrender. People are very passionate about their beloved harley and the lifestyle that you pay for. All the keyboard badasses will pull the hung-kung-fooey card.

I hope you find a motorcycle that is worthy.

Sincerely

TN

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #76 on: May 11, 2016, 08:10:11 AM »

longlast

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #77 on: May 11, 2016, 08:29:40 AM »

If'n heed jus reed sum uv de postes awl us'n's half ritten heer, heed reealyze we's ownlee a'trian two hecksplane hour poynt uv vew.

Ain't Ainglish a phuny laingwidge?

Yitsak, may the grace of God be with you always.

Vaya con Dios; I cum Deo; lekh eem ha-eloHEEM; Geh mit Gott; Aller avec Dieu; Go with God, sir.

Sorry my not be my place but had to jump in on this one as the post is relating too us all ( my gut is still hurting) Howard you my get a mouth full for your "oops" you're spelling. 

DesertHOG

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Vivid Black Special
    • NM

• Join me on Facebook
« Reply #78 on: May 11, 2016, 08:38:05 AM »

Got to give it to HebrewHarley. I thought the activity on this site was low energy lately and impacted by FB or winter doldrums. It's great to see all this energy on the board.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2016, 09:52:34 AM by DesertHOG »

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #79 on: May 11, 2016, 08:39:07 AM »

I am in San Diego tonight as a matter of fact. Free for breakfast tomorrow to discuss in person?

Having breakfast now, if you hurry.  I'm at Broadstone Corsair all day....stop by.

West Coast GTG   

Mr. Warlock

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #80 on: May 11, 2016, 08:56:51 AM »

Having breakfast now, if you hurry.  I'm at Broadstone Corsair all day....stop by.

Better not be sporting a long mustache and tats or he'll turn and run................ :oops:

grayghost731

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Built For ME! Love My Fatboy CVO

• CVO1: FLSTFSE Platinum Mist&Slate 102.81 HP 113.47 Torque
« Reply #81 on: May 11, 2016, 08:59:30 AM »

We  Gave  6  pages to this Dude!      :confused5:       Don't   buy  into  his  Bullchit!   It's  in  his  nature, He  Loves conflict!

I'm  goin  for a Ride with my Loud azz pipes ,  grab a beer and  maybe  even get a new tattoo!   It's  OUR  FREEDOM!

Have  a Great Day Men!    :2vrolijk_21:

naitram

• SMF Administrator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • MA

• CVO1: FLTRXSE2 "Marvin"
« Reply #82 on: May 11, 2016, 09:14:13 AM »

got a message last night that said the HebrewHarley story sounded a bit to familiar....

so i got my HeadAndEyes out of this thread for a minute and tried to get CVOLarry to send his CVOWife over to PassMeABeer
:cool26: naitram...

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"Work is the curse of the drinking class."

donald p

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2008 CVO
    • CVO2: 2013 CVO
    • CVO3: 2020 Tri Glide CVO
« Reply #83 on: May 11, 2016, 09:41:03 AM »

I sure i'm glad to read that all of us bikers get along.
.FLHTCUSE8 Anniversary #680
2020 Tri Glide CVO

TinSpinner

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: FLHTCUSE8
« Reply #84 on: May 11, 2016, 10:02:05 AM »

got a message last night that said the HebrewHarley story sounded a bit to familiar....

so i got my HeadAndEyes out of this thread for a minute and tried to get CVOLarry to send his CVOWife over to PassMeABeer

All it needs is a picture of an upside down motorcycle in the driveway!  :D :D

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #85 on: May 11, 2016, 10:32:51 AM »

Don't think I ever wished for a thread to get MFG'd before; and I thought it was a little hinky throwing a Hitler meme/joke at an Israeli Jew.  Didn't know then it was someone just wanting attention.  Sorry for your breakdowns buddy.  But for god's sake can the soap opera.

MrSurly

• Formidable Faux
  • Elite CVO Member
    • TX

« Reply #86 on: May 11, 2016, 11:43:54 AM »

Next he'll tell us that he "had to lay 'er down".

2010FLHTCUSE5

Chains

• 5k CVO Member
  • 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • FL

« Reply #87 on: May 11, 2016, 11:55:35 AM »

Well I spent the time to look through all this, starting to sound more like Bernie Sanders and Hillary Clinton versus Donald Trump.  Surprised it stayed on so long.   :coolblue:
2009 FLHTCUSE
12 inch Monkey bars
Stage one kit
Fullsac SS titanium coated DX dual pipe
Kuryakyn 4 inch Mellow Crushers
Color Matched Bushtec Turbo 2
1st Active member of the CVO Critter Gawkers Society

Trapperdog

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2009 ST1300 Police
    • CVO3: 2006 ST1300
« Reply #88 on: May 11, 2016, 12:12:28 PM »

A couple of anomalys from his various posts that I originally reported to a moderator asking to keep an eye on him. Thought it was just me for awhile

"SHALOM!! (Hello)

Forever I have dreamed of owning a Harley
. So I have decided to stop dreaming and start doing. I live in Eilat, Israel and we do not have CVO Harley there. I wanted a CVO if I was going to buy a Harley, so I have flown to New York to pick one up. The bike has now been purchased and it will go via air freight to Israel on Sunday. I fly back to Israel on Saturday night, so I should beat it by a day. by the time my bike clears customs it will probably be Monday.
Happy to be on this site!"

And then...

"I have been riding about 40 years. Previous to the CVO, I had an Ultra Classic most recently.  I have retired it with 210,000 KM. Also have owned Street Rod, a KTM, and various Japanese motorcycles."

MIKEYTEE

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka. Uncle Mikey! Mikeytee for Burbon Judge and
    • SC

• CVO1: 1999 ROADGLIDE Ultra SOLD
« Reply #89 on: May 11, 2016, 12:31:13 PM »

My dog left this fight under the porch. Maybe I should too... Oh hell no! When Mr. Hebrew Harley first came on board and announced he would attend Ouray. I thought How Nice! Then he offered to sponsor someone who might not have the financial ability to attend. Again I thought How Nice! Then the tables turned on him and the chit hit the fan on his way to Ouray. I thought such bad luck! Then he gets back home and his wife heals up and life was good. Wonderful! Next I see this thread and Mr. Hebrew Harley has had it with HD and and the long haired, tattooed ,long mustached, black leather wearing, loud mouth, riders with their loud pipes and inappropriate behavior and riding style. Again I think How Nice! To each their own and I can only say How Nice Mr. Hebrew Harley!
Mike
 :drink:

PS
I wonder how many here know that I attended Southern Charm and Manners School. I did and learned to say How Nice instead of  **** ***!
 And it ain't Firetruck.     :oops:

Co-Founder /National Board Member/ Zen Master of CVO Harley Pondering,Hankering, & Moseying Society with all Honors, Rights and Accolades.

Charter Member CVO Harley Critter Gawking Society
Charter Member Husband Saints Society. We have Lucky Wives!
I saw the worlds largest ball of string in Cawker City, Kansas

ultrarider123

« Reply #90 on: May 11, 2016, 12:35:22 PM »

PS
I wonder how many here know that I attended Southern Charm and Manners School. I did and learned to say How Nice instead of  **** ***!

Hey Unc, "How Nice" is first semester.  "Bless Your Heart" would be part of the second semester curricular...... :huepfenjump3:

rockytop117

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • TN

« Reply #91 on: May 11, 2016, 12:40:26 PM »

Yitzhak meaning is laughter.. FWIW
11 SERG.
117ci
570G S&S
RB RACING 2-1
SE 58MM TB
HPI INJECTORS
WFO LARRY HEADS
COMP 10:2 CCP 190
DIRECT LINK TUNE BY STROKERJLK
SAE128.09/STD131.32 HP  TQ135.89 std 139.31
RC COMPONENTS WHEELS & A/C
VPC 92 CLUTCH
FOSGATE AMP, FOCAL SPEAKERS

HUBBARD

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE7
    • WV

« Reply #92 on: May 11, 2016, 12:42:37 PM »

Don't think I ever wished for a thread to get MFG'd before; and I thought it was a little hinky throwing a Hitler meme/joke at an Israeli Jew.  Didn't know then it was someone just wanting attention.  Sorry for your breakdowns buddy.  But for god's sake can the soap opera.

Now, there was a nut of the first order!!!  I remember Dave and Chi-town Kathy talking about meeting that idiot!!!  He sent me a box of belt buckles that he supposedly made.  Still got 'em, somewhere.  LMFAO!  Later--HUBBARD 
2012 FLHTCUSE7  (Electric Orange/Black)  Built Motor (124), D&D "Borzilla" Exhaust, Tilley/K&N Air Induction,
"National President"-"Hillbilly Rocket Riders", MC, Mother Chapter, WV
"National President"-"W.H.O.R.E", TPT, WV Chapter

kiro

• 1K CVO Member
    • ME

• CVO1: 2017 FLHTKSE
    • CVO2: 1986 FXR Super Glide - antique, but the Evo lives on!
    • A Shot in the Dark
« Reply #93 on: May 11, 2016, 12:45:35 PM »

Hey Unc, "How Nice" is first semester.  "Bless Your Heart" would be part of the second semester curricular

I recall that myself - in the third semester it was, 'your happiness is important to me'...

MIKEYTEE

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka. Uncle Mikey! Mikeytee for Burbon Judge and
    • SC

• CVO1: 1999 ROADGLIDE Ultra SOLD
« Reply #94 on: May 11, 2016, 01:41:11 PM »

In New York City it's " Trust  Me ", in Columbia it's " I care about your problems", and at graduation
it's " I really do care".
Mike
Co-Founder /National Board Member/ Zen Master of CVO Harley Pondering,Hankering, & Moseying Society with all Honors, Rights and Accolades.

Charter Member CVO Harley Critter Gawking Society
Charter Member Husband Saints Society. We have Lucky Wives!
I saw the worlds largest ball of string in Cawker City, Kansas

BigLew

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #95 on: May 11, 2016, 03:24:16 PM »

Sometimes this place just embarrasses me. Come on guys if he really feels that way educated him to the truth or leave him alone. I read all and there is a lot of truth coming from both sides. There are plenty of wantabees  out there and I don't like them either. But I see them every year at the big rallies doing stupid stuff that they would never do at home. and the truth is they can do what ever they like. I just don't like it and don't want to be around it either. Then there are the 1% and I was one but not anymore and they are a different crowd. We got a new guy from a different culture and country on a new bike and its on culture. I feel sorry that his impression of us for the most part is incorrect and will leave without the truth. Will I loose any sleep nope. To those of you who are now saying well I don't care, well you do. A lot of the ones I know here would give the shirt off there back (or let the buddy who is broke down ride on the back knowing everyone here is going to give them crap) sorry HUB. I just want us to get along. Please don't flame me I don't think my heart could stand it!!

BigLew

moscooter

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #96 on: May 11, 2016, 03:51:16 PM »

::) Boy,  'ol Heb sure knows how to "push all the buttons".  You can insult a guys wife/girlfriend and even the looks of his Harley...............but zero in on his spelling and/or grammatical errors...........then you've really done it. :oops:

Mom was a life long grade school teacher and I was constantly "corrected" as to my grammer and spelling as a kid.   As a result I tend to quickly spot those (errors) myself in forum entries and I too............made the mistake of pointing them out.

Unless we're talking about (inherited) wealth,  most CVO owners work very hard and have pretty good jobs to be able to afford the extra bucks for a CVO.  I learned many years ago,  that many such folks just kant spel and thats knot two bad an their realy OK and one shuld learn too overlook that flaw in there skoolin. :drink:

bigchuck

• Elite CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • TX

« Reply #97 on: May 11, 2016, 04:04:13 PM »

BigLew is right I would let a man ride on the back, as long as he's holding a gas can.
2015 CVO Limited
Long Ride Shield
Super Shox

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

« Reply #98 on: May 11, 2016, 04:53:11 PM »

:2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21:  :drink: :drink:  ;D ;D

Funny stuff!  Better suited to an Under the Bridge message board.   8)

EZRIDN

• Elite CVO Member
    • NE

« Reply #99 on: May 11, 2016, 05:59:31 PM »

That avatar GIF has got me on the edge of an epileptic seizure. I looked cool for about the first 5 seconds and then my eyes started hurting. :)
  LOL.   I guess it's all part of my "HD image"....hopefully it doesn't frighten HH so much that it makes him cringe and cower in fear.   

Major Tom

• Senior CVO Member
    • LA

« Reply #100 on: May 12, 2016, 01:48:08 AM »

Go screw yerself ........................................am I close?

TN

As close as f$%* is to swearing TN

Major Tom

• Senior CVO Member
    • LA

« Reply #101 on: May 12, 2016, 01:51:32 AM »

My dog left this fight under the porch. Maybe I should too... Oh hell no! When Mr. Hebrew Harley first came on board and announced he would attend Ouray. I thought How Nice! Then he offered to sponsor someone who might not have the financial ability to attend. Again I thought How Nice! Then the tables turned on him and the chit hit the fan on his way to Ouray. I thought such bad luck! Then he gets back home and his wife heals up and life was good. Wonderful! Next I see this thread and Mr. Hebrew Harley has had it with HD and and the long haired, tattooed ,long mustached, black leather wearing, loud mouth, riders with their loud pipes and inappropriate behavior and riding style. Again I think How Nice! To each their own and I can only say How Nice Mr. Hebrew Harley!
Mike

PS
How nice Mikey Tee I could just tell y'all had been to furnishing school

• My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge, when my information changes, I alter my conclusions
  • 5k CVO Member
  • monter le cheval de fer (French)
    • NC

• CVO1: 2013 SERK-Dressed in BLUE of course.
    • CVO2: 2002 Supercharged HD F150 512 RWHP
    • CVO3: 1956 BelAir Sports Coupe
« Reply #102 on: May 12, 2016, 06:00:22 AM »

And just when I was planning my free trip to Israel......HebrewHarley sent me an autobiography to get to know him better.  :nixweiss: :nixweiss: :nixweiss:
Most Honda Goldwing riders will blink when hit in the head  with a ball-peen hammer (sans helmet)
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 7 [All]

Page created in 0.898 seconds with 21 queries.