Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Last Coat detail.....  (Read 6536 times)

OBB

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

• CVO1: 2011 Slate/Black SERGU** traded
    • CVO2: 2015 Double Blue SERGU
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG Blue
Re: Last Coat detail.....
« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2020, 07:00:18 PM »

Hey Guys,
I'll jump in with a few thoughts....I enjoy waxing my cars...Corvettes, Lexus and Acuras, along with the Harleys that I have owned.  I'm no expert for sure, and always thought that a little elbow grease was the best solution.  In the old days it was straight wax from a can, took all day and looked great for awhile, and was hard work....but like I said it was hard work, but enjoyable to me!  As I have aged I looked for an easier solution (which I believe there is none) so I have tried all sorts of different types of waxes, spay ons, sealants, along with whatever the newest and best the pros were selling, and have found a product that I have used for the last couple of years.

A friend who owns an small airplane recommended https://www.mypilotstore.com/MyPilotStore/sep/4943?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI18yV87ja7QIVTD6tBh0ZGAA-EAQYASABEgIhCvD_BwE.  It is not the easiest product to use, it is applied like a wax, and buffed out after drying.  It does build up and after a few applications it provides an awesome shine.  Like I said I like the idea of a little elbow grease.  Water and bugs come off easy, and touch ups are now a breeze!
Been using it for a while. Works for me and seems to help keep build up from happening.

Sent from my boring Droid phone.

PHOTOBUCKET IS HOLDING MY PIX HOSTAGE!!!
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.121 seconds with 21 queries.