Custom Vehicle Discussions > CVO™ Breakout™

How to remove stock fairiing on 2017 CVO Breakout

(1/2) > >>

Jessecochran:
Has anyone removed their stock fairing from their CVO Breakout?  I have a 2017 and would appreciate any advise

Frank FX:
Just pull it off. Mounts in 4 places in gromments.

Twolanerider:
Sometimes when things are too easy it confuses guys.  Take a look at the two red circles I added to the exploded view.  You'll see the piece that is part of the fairing and the rubber grommet it plugs in to.  It's the same thing HD does on touring side covers.  They do just pull apart.  If it's not clear in the pic the grommets are installed on the bike.  The spikes on the fairing then insert in to them.

d3v1ld0g:

--- Quote from: Twolanerider on February 13, 2021, 01:01:37 PM ---Sometimes when things are too easy it confuses guys.  Take a look at the two red circles I added to the exploded view.  You'll see the piece that is part of the fairing and the rubber grommet it plugs in to.  It's the same thing HD does on touring side covers.  They do just pull apart.  If it's not clear in the pic the grommets are installed on the bike.  The spikes on the fairing then insert in to them.

--- End quote ---

Don once again coming thru in the clutch

Twolanerider:

--- Quote from: d3v1ld0g on February 13, 2021, 05:07:06 PM ---Don once again coming thru in the clutch

--- End quote ---

I'm just a big fan of the exploded view in parts manuals.  That picture to me is often worth far more than the thousand words in a service manual.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version