CVO Social > Off Topic

2-Post Hoist Questions

(1/6) > >>

Dan_Lockwood:
I'm going to be building a new Shouse/Shome in Michigan and will have 14' sidewalls. I'll have a shop about 40'x40' and want a hoist for many reasons. Although the majority of my lifting will be 3,500# or less, I will on occasion want to lift my new F-350 DRW for normal maintenance and cleaning etc. Ford lists my truck at 8,133# curb weight.

I'm looking at a TRIUMPH NTO-9A 9000Lbs 2-post. It of course is a 9k# max lift hoist. It also has a clear floor design with the crossover bar/hoses etc on top with a safety lift bar. I can also get an extension to raise the cross bar with all of the inner stuff for more cab height clearance, but not sure yet if I'll need it. The hoist has a lift of 72". It also comes with all the pad extensions for trucks. If I use the appropriate extensions on pads, I could have more than enough standing height under the truck. I'm 5'-14" tall. So having the full lift on extensions would be great.

Who has hoists in their work shops and what do you have? I'm familiar with 4-post hoists and I'm sure I could find one to fit the DRW's, but I really like to "hang" the vehicle versus lift with the tires.

I know a 10k# would be more than enough, but the price does jump up a bit for the added capacity. Just wondering about the 9k# capacity versus my truck weight of 8,133#.

Can anyone shed some light on my thoughts and or give me real lift experience with your hoist?

Thanks in advance!

Dan

dayne66:
5'-14" tall....is that like 6'-2"? Forgive me I'm Canadian and have gotten used to the Metric System.

Fired00d:

--- Quote from: dayne66 on August 22, 2021, 02:59:23 PM ---5'-14" tall....is that like 6'-2"? Forgive me I'm Canadian and have gotten used to the Metric System.

--- End quote ---
LOL!!! I got a chuckle out of that too.

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:

Finster101:
I just retired from being a GM dealership tech.  If you have any thoughts of lifting a 3/4 to 1 ton vehicle I would not go any less than a 10,000 lb lift.

Joel:
I have 4,   9,000 Ammco lifts 1 with the 36 inch extension,  they lift 90 % of the trucks we work on, some of the service trucks loaded with equipment can lift only a couple feet off the ground. So spend the extra and get the 10,000 lb hoist.
I did have to prep the floor, it was only 3 inches thick, cutting out a section 24 x 36 x 15 inches deep for each post.
Than pounded rebar 15 inches under the existing floor, 2 on each end ,3 on each side.
Then a simular pattern a couple inches up from the 5/8 minus rock in bottom of the holes, followed by rebar tied to the previous bars.  Filled the holes with 3500 psi rated concrete.
After a couple days set up time I assembled the hoist,  squared it the bay door drilled holes and used 8 inch anchors. Don't remember, I think they are 5/8 ".

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version