CVO Social > In The News

17 Shady Reasons Why Harley-Davidson Motorcycles Are Struggling

(1/15) > >>

GregKhougaz:
I would really like to disagree with some of this but can't. Let's hope 2022 is a good year for the motor company.

17 Shady Reasons Why Harley-Davidson Motorcycles Are Struggling

iski:
Somewhat repetitive, but HDs problems are also somewhat repetitive.  Agree with most of the points made here.

Unfortunately, nobody with the ability to do so seems to have a clue how to turn it around or change things for the better.  I remain hopeful that the MoCo remains intact, but it seems ripe for a buyout & destined to be more of a marketing logo at some future point more than a manufacturer of American iron.

mark:
Maybe the soup and cereal bar executive the MoCo hired/fired could come back to save the company…

Phaedrus:
Hard to get too worked up, considering how many times over the past almost 120 years, people have said HD is done.  And yet....

Ironhorse:
HD will survive, it always has. 

The MoCo needs to address issues of putting riders ahead of profits. While one has to admire the capitalist attitude of making money regardless of the cost (think Ford with the exploding Pinto) HD needs to step up their quality.  I know there are dozens on this site who have never had a lick of problems with their bikes, however we seem to hear more from those who do.  It shouldn't be that way.

But HD does have one Ace up their sleeve, the undying loyalty of their base.  Buy a 110 and it grenades, go out and buy another.  Watch that one grenade, go out and buy another.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version