CVO Social > In The News

17 Shady Reasons Why Harley-Davidson Motorcycles Are Struggling

<< < (2/15) > >>

hogsty:
The idea that any company would care less about profits and more about their customers is ridiculous. They are in business to make money.  CEOs have to answer to the shareholders, who care only about making money. 

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk

dayne66:

--- Quote from: Phaedrus on December 29, 2021, 08:19:54 PM ---Hard to get too worked up, considering how many times over the past almost 120 years, people have said HD is done.  And yet....

--- End quote ---
....if they do go under......my '20 will get along just fine using the aftermarket exclusively, seeing as how I seem to be moving that way now.

Ironhorse:

--- Quote from: hogsty on December 29, 2021, 10:47:04 PM ---The idea that any company would care less about profits and more about their customers is ridiculous. They are in business to make money.  CEOs have to answer to the shareholders, who care only about making money.

--- End quote ---

But it is possible to make money and build a good product, lots of manufacturers do. Honda, Toyota, Nissan all make good dependable products. And they make money for their shareholders. So is it unreasonable to ask the same of HD?

phato1:

--- Quote from: Ironhorse on December 29, 2021, 08:29:02 PM ---HD will survive, it always has. 

The MoCo needs to address issues of putting riders ahead of profits. While one has to admire the capitalist attitude of making money regardless of the cost (think Ford with the exploding Pinto) HD needs to step up their quality.  I know there are dozens on this site who have never had a lick of problems with their bikes, however we seem to hear more from those who do.  It shouldn't be that way.

But HD does have one Ace up their sleeve, the undying loyalty of their base.  Buy a 110 and it grenades, go out and buy another.  Watch that one grenade, go out and buy another.

--- End quote ---

Loyalty dies if it's taken advantage of too often..... Or if your lifters implode on one to many vacation trips  :soapbox:

Ironhorse:

--- Quote from: phato1 on December 30, 2021, 05:17:47 PM ---
 Loyalty dies if it's taken advantage of too often..... Or if your lifters implode on one to many vacation trips  :soapbox:

--- End quote ---

And yet members here have taken to swapping out lifters every 2nd oil change as the answer. Is that really the answer?  Would we accept this with our cars and trucks?  No. But somehow it’s what we do when we buy an HD. And as long as we keep accepting their screw up and finding our own workaround HD will continue to sell us lemons.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version