CVO Social > In The News

17 Shady Reasons Why Harley-Davidson Motorcycles Are Struggling

<< < (15/15)

marko61:

--- Quote from: iski on February 24, 2022, 10:09:29 AM ---Went back & read the "17 Reasons" listed in the article in the first post in this thread.  Oddly, or not oddly, Indian is not mentioned by name as a reason.  It could be considered a part of a reason - #6 for example - yet the existence of Polaris - also not mentioned - is not a primary subject of the article.

Most all products have competition.  Except Oreos, which have a weak sort of competition but it's not really competition because - Oreos. Harley's problems are internal more than external was the subject of what I read. If Harley does not do what they need to do as a company, yes their competition will eat their lunch, to use a time honored technical financial analytical term.  But the reason for that, since Harley has been a market leader for a long time in their dominant category, is Harley itself.  If Harley was doing or had been doing what was needed to be done, the emergence of Indian would be akin to a gnat on an elephant's back instead of Indian eating a big chunk of Harley's lunch.

As to arguing the finer points of loving Indians or loving to hate Indians or such - some like 'em, some don't.  Indians have their own sets of problems - have several friends who own them - so they are not problem free.  Harley decided long ago to be more of a follower & not a leader in the MC industry.  Other brands innovate while Harley sits back & waits to perceive the difference between a verifiable MC trend vs a fad, and then they copy something, sometimes badly.  Other motor companies do the same, it's a strategy.  Harley is more more behind than they should be on tech & unless they change their strategy they will end up further behind IMHO.

--- End quote ---

I like your answer ... I must tell you that here in Italy there is a much better biscuit than oreo, it's called ringo

you can see it here:
https://www.ringo.it/storia/

going back to motorcycles, I would have already bought a motorcycle of another brand, but, to be honest, I have not found one more beautiful than Harley CVOs, beautiful from the outside and unfortunately technically old.
What really pisses me off is MOCO's behavior with European customers, they don't have the bikes to test, they want me to order them six months in advance and you never know when they will arrive.
Basically an act of faith, or a blackmail to which I do not want to yield ..
out there though, I don't see a more beautiful bike than the CVO street glide or CVO road glide ...

iski:

--- Quote from: marko61 on June 13, 2022, 09:20:27 AM ---

I like your answer ... I must tell you that here in Italy there is a much better biscuit than oreo, it's called ringo

you can see it here:
https://www.ringo.it/storia/

going back to motorcycles, I would have already bought a motorcycle of another brand, but, to be honest, I have not found one more beautiful than Harley CVOs, beautiful from the outside and unfortunately technically old.
What really pisses me off is MOCO's behavior with European customers, they don't have the bikes to test, they want me to order them six months in advance and you never know when they will arrive.
Basically an act of faith, or a blackmail to which I do not want to yield ..
out there though, I don't see a more beautiful bike than the CVO street glide or CVO road glide ...

--- End quote ---

Thanks for the information on Ringo.  Will be in Italy later this year & will look forward to tasting them.

Agree on the styling of CVO's - best looking bike from a style standpoint by far. Tech on these bikes is dated and that is a marketing strategy HD adopted a long time back.  Reminds me of some of the classically styled cars that were so beautiful but the companies went out of business because they did not keep up on other features or priced themselves out of the market. 

Have heard similar from other HD buyers located in Europe - long wait times, limited or no test bikes.  Saw a lot of motorcycles on our last trip to Europe but very, very few Harleys. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version