Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2021 CVO Street Glide - Standard Boom Box GTS system Question  (Read 407 times)

Aussie Ads

• www.CVOHARLEY.com

2021 CVO Street Glide - Standard Boom Box GTS system Question
« on: January 08, 2022, 06:52:55 PM »

G'Day All,

I have a 2021 CVO Street Glide with the standard Boom Box GTS system and need some help or if someone can provide me with a solution that'll be great...

Issue is, I have approx 1 Gb of MP3 converted music files with all the metadata (Artist, Album, Album Art etc....) properly displayed in folders on my computer and transferred onto a 4Gb USB stick.

When I insert the USB stick into the bike, the system plays all the songs (as normal in sequence or shuffled), but I can't select an individual album or folder to play. All the songs that are playing have the album art and details on the screen, but when I select the 'folder' option (top left) all music is displayed in a alpha numerical order without regard to the metadata sorting so i cant select the actual Folder name, individual Album or Artist etc... Is this normal?

Let's just say 'someone' acquired the music via an online music system that transferred the play lists into an MP3 folder with songs for that album.

Do i need to download a different program to convert the MP3 folders / files to something that the Harley System will recognise individually?

Any advice or a solution is appreciated.

Cheers,
Aussie Ads

WildClyde

• Full CVO Member
  • 2016 FLHXSE
Re: 2021 CVO Street Glide - Standard Boom Box GTS system Question
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2022, 11:51:34 AM »

From the 2019 HARLEY-DAVIDSON® OWNER'S MANUAL: BOOM!™ BOX GTS:

For mass storage devices (such as USB drives), the file organization on the device can impact performance. For best performance and indexing of files, store media files at the root directory of the USB device, rather than in multiple levels of folders.

Table 1. Media Device Support

DEVICE         
USB mass storage device

DEVICES SUPPORTED   CONNECTIONS
USB drive (exFAT, FAT32, NTFS, HFS+) or SD card
Direct connection to USB port. USB connector and reader required for SD card.

FILES SUPPORTED
MP3, MP4, MPEG-4 AAC, M4A, M4B, WAV, WMA

FEATURES OR LIMITATIONS
May support find features. NTFS-formatted drives can only be used for read-only functions (such as playing media). NTFS drives will not support functions like ride/trail exports or navigation database updates.

A playlist is a file stored on the device which includes a sequential list of songs. ... The radio also supports the following playlist types for other USB-connected devices.
  • Windows Media Player Advanced Stream Redirector format (*.asx)
  • Windows Media Player Playlist (*.wpl)
  • M3U Moving Pictures Expert Group Audio Layer 3 Uniform Resource Locator (*.m3u)
  • PLS file (*.pls)
  • iTunes XML (*.xml )
  • RealPlayer Metadata Package (*.rmp)

NOTE
  • M3U, PLS and WPL playlists only allow relative pathnames to files. Absolute pathnames are not supported.
  • All XML files on USB mass storage media will be displayed, even if the files are not actually XML-formatted playlists.
1.    Navigate: Home > Audio.
2.    Select: Media filters.
3.    Select: Playlist.
4.    Select item from list.
5.    Select song from the playlist. To play the entire playlist, select the first song.

It sounds like you have to arrange your songs in one of the playlist formats from above.

One more thing from the manual upon first connecting the device: "The radio will begin collecting file information from the device. Some information and features may not be available until the radio has finished synchronizing with the device. The radio will play remaining files in alphabetical order." 4GB of data may take a while to sync.

Page created in 0.128 seconds with 21 queries.