Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Updating MAPS in a new replacement GTS Radio  (Read 1289 times)

Trigger-Man

• Vendor
  • Senior CVO Member
  • https://MotorcycleVentScreens.com
    • CO

• CVO1: 2015 FLTRUSE Road Glide - Carbon Dust/Autumn Sunset - "quotquotTournado"quotquot
    • CVO2: 2011 FLTRUSE Road Glide - Frosted Ivory/Vintage Gold "quotquotTrigger"quotquot (traded-in)
    • Elegant Solutions Inc. dba Motorcycle Vent Screens
Updating MAPS in a new replacement GTS Radio
« on: January 18, 2022, 01:18:03 PM »

Installed a new GTS head unit in my 2015 FLTRUSE 2 years ago and enjoy the way better performance over my original GT unit. My 2015 RG CVO GT head unit came with 3 free NACVO-MYXXXX map updates. The new GTS came with NA-MY2020-1 maps installed and I saw a post from WildClyde on the cvoharley forum where he downloaded map NA-MY2022-1 September 26 of last year. Went to the map upgrade site and noticed two North America map update versions were available; NACVO and NA. For the $10 price difference, anyone know what's the difference between the two maps? It's also a bit frustrating that even though WildClyde posted he'd downloaded map NA-MY2022-1, they are currently showing you'd be purchasing the older NA-MY2020 map version!
Dennis
Elegant Solutions Inc.
dba Motorcycle Vent Screens
https://MotorcycleVentScreens.com

2015 FLTRUSE:
Road Glide Triple SPLITSCREENS vent protection;
SE High-Flow Exhaust Sys w/4.5" Street Cannons & SE-585 cam;
Rockouts + S&S Premium lifters;
HD Premium Ride Front Fork + rear RWD RS-1 Adjustable Touring Shocks;
Fuel Moto Dynojet Power Vision Tuner & Wide-Band Target Tune;
6.5GTS BOOM! Audio Stage II 2 amp/4 spkr system;
TPMS;
16" Freedom Shield;
Tour-Pak Ultra Brace by eGlideGoodies

dayne66

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • BC

• CVO1: '12 Ruby/Typhoon SG
    • CVO2: '15 Superior Blue FLD Switchback
Re: Updating MAPS in a new replacement GTS Radio
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2022, 01:33:03 PM »

NA & NACVO......special maps for CVOs.....smoother roads?...less traffic? Better roadside attractions?
"The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing." Socrates

Trigger-Man

• Vendor
  • Senior CVO Member
    • CO

• CVO1: 2015 FLTRUSE Road Glide - Carbon Dust/Autumn Sunset - "quotquotTournado"quotquot
    • CVO2: 2011 FLTRUSE Road Glide - Frosted Ivory/Vintage Gold "quotquotTrigger"quotquot (traded-in)
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2022, 06:02:58 PM »

Check out https://harley-davidson.naviextras.com/shop/portal/p2Show?theme=pageReplacement. Notice that the size difference is 93 bytes (4302-cvo vs 4209). I installed the non-cvo version on a CVO bike. Maybe it's just cosmetic.
WildClyde, H-D support doesn't know what the difference is between the NA and the NACVO maps. Perhaps it was meant to identify the (now discontinued) 3 free map updates for CVO owners.

I'm guessing you still have the original 6.5 GT head unit in your '16 and used the Naviextras Toolbox to purchase the new map. That wasn't working for me as the GTS thumbprint wasn't being recognized by Naviextras. For the upgraded GTS head unit on my '15, I've discovered there's a different "Harley-Davidson BOOM! Box GTS Toolbox" required for the newer radio. My problem solved as there's a MY22 map available.
Dennis
Elegant Solutions Inc.

2015 FLTRUSE:
TPMS;
16" Freedom Shield;

WildClyde

• Full CVO Member
  • 2016 FLHXSE
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2022, 11:21:30 AM »

I replaced the original 6.5 GT radio in my 2016 CVO Street Glide with the Boom! Box GTS Radio Kit in November of 2019. Initially I used the Soundz SC-GTSi Radio Retrofit 2019 GTS radio kit to enable the GTS radio to run. Eventually Harley updated the radio software to allow it to run without the Soundz kit and I removed it.

I also purchased a WHIM.

I have purchased several map updates using the HDBoomBoxGTSToolbox app and am currently running these versions:
Maps - NA-MY2022-1
Dealer Database - DLR-MY2021-1

The software versions that I am running are:
Boom Box GTS - MY22.21.28.00
WHIM - 1.1.14
Navigation Software - 9.35.10.206394

I hope that this helps.

Note that my response yesterday was incorrect in two ways: I got the size wrong citing bytes instead of megabytes; the URL for the updates were for probably for the GT radio - not the GTS radio. Sorry for the confusion!

Trigger-Man

• Vendor
  • Senior CVO Member
    • CO

« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2022, 12:25:36 PM »

Thanks for the clarification WildClyde........... we're on the same page now. I've updated the same latest GTS software and since I purchased the new GTS Spring of 2020, the map it came with is NA-MY2020-1. Is that the same map version your GTS came with? I'm evaluating if it's worth $150 updating to NA-MY2022-1.

Are you getting CarPlay? As we're half helmet riders, I haven't bothered installing a WHIM which was mentioned as a requirement for Apple CarPlay. The wired headsets seem satisfactory enough for intercom/CB audio. As H-D no longer allows the "phantom WHIM" setting via Digital Technician, I'm not getting CarPlay to work anymore! Theoretically, our wired microphone ought to satisfy the CarPlay microphone requirement ::). Fortunately, the Ride Planner navigation mostly works okay for my needs.
Dennis
Elegant Solutions Inc.

2015 FLTRUSE:
TPMS;
16" Freedom Shield;

WildClyde

• Full CVO Member
  • 2016 FLHXSE
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2022, 02:03:02 PM »

Yes, my GTS came with NA-MY2020-1.

I am an Apple CarPlay fanboy both on my bike and in my car (a 2021 BMX X3). A WHIM is required AFAIK. Your information that the "phantom WHIM" hack described by Ryan Urlacher at https://youtu.be/0u2U2Hr1TCg no longer works is news to me. Since I have a WHIM, I never used Ryan's hack.

With the WHIM you must have a helmet headset turned on and connected to the WHIM in order for CarPlay to become enabled.

I also use the Car2Play dongle that allows CarPlay to work wirelessly with my iPhone. The dongle fits in the USB compartment and works well for me. I hated having to plug in my phone every time I got on the bike.

WildClyde

• Full CVO Member
  • 2016 FLHXSE
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2022, 04:56:42 PM »

I just ran the HDBoomBoxGTSToolbox app followed by the bike install and the Dealer Database was updated to:

Dealer Database - DLR-MY2021-3

The map version remained the same.

Page created in 0.148 seconds with 22 queries.