CVO Social > Off Topic

Issues With Sunglasses

(1/5) > >>

Dan_Lockwood:
Don't know if anyone else has this issue, I know all heads and faces are not the same, but....

When I put on modern sunglasses, they all seem to have the Oakley style temples, the arms that go back over the ears.

My problem with this style of glasses is that when I wear a hat or half helmet, the end of the temple are is straight out the back of my ears and gets hit by the bottom of the helmet or hat.  This causes my glasses to bounce up and down on the bridge over the nose.

I look in every Harley shop for the temples with turny downy ends that somewhat wrap around the back of the ears to stay away from the helmet or hat contact.

My wife says I should just go to Sam's or Walmart and pick out a frame that fits the way I want, and then get sunglass lens to fit them.

I've also thought about having an optometrist office heat the ends of the temple arms and bend them down around my ears a bit.

About the only sunglasses that fit around the ears are the cheap Harbor Freight safety glasses and you all know how stylish they are... :)

Thoughts?

Dan

Ironhorse:
Your wife has the correct idea.  Get them custom made for you.

Fired00d:
If this issue is for when you're riding a cheap remedy to try would be get some bandana's/headwrap's and wear them over your ears or the back of the templates to see if that keeps the glasses from bouncing.

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:

ultrafxr:
You can use a heat gun to soften the plastic and bend it.  I've done it several times of sunglasses and non-prescription reading glasses that didn't fit right.  Worth a try.

Dan_Lockwood:
I'm not a fan of bandannas, but buying custom frames and getting lens, or heating/bending the temple ends may work for me.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Dan

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version