CVO Technical > Drive Train

2021 CVO Street Glide - RSDS and Cam Upgrade Concerns

(1/1)

Aussie Ads:
G'Day All,

I am looking at changing removing the muffler inserts (keep the stock CVO pipes), de-cat and change my stock cam to an S&S 475 cam with an unlock and adjustment of the ECU map during a dyno. I know this will void part or all of the bikes warranty and am not concerned with this, but I wanted to know if this would also affect the RSDS and Traction Control part of the computer etc....

- Has anyone done these mods and if so, was there any issues?

The stock CVO is too quiet and i dislike the fact that the limiter kicks in around 5000 revs, i want a little bit more performance in the low to mid range.

Thanks for any advice / suggestions.

Aussie Ads

FLSTFI Dave:
If you do not add baffles back into the stock mufflers when you remove the muffler inserts you will kill low end torque and performance.  The M8 needs back pressure in the exhaust. 

Many people seem to build the bikes with RSDS with out a problem.  Think the 131 Kit.  Also Fuel Moto builds them.

Aussie Ads:
Thanks for the reply... Appreciate it! It looks like i am going to go with the Fullsac inserts (not sure 2.25 or 2.5?), S&S 475 Cam, Decat, ECU adjust and Dyno.... should sound 100% better than the stock sound....

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version