CVO Technical > Intake/Exhaust/ECM

SE Tuner

(1/4) > >>

newseultra07:
Seen some used SE Tuners on eBay. Can they be used again once installed on a bike. Ad says needs to be reset to be used again. Is this possible.

Joel:
When I had SE Pro Race Tuner installed on 1 of my bikes the dealer said it is married to the bikes VIN and not transferable.
Call the dealer parts dept to confirm before you buy a used kit.

Phaedrus:

--- Quote from: newseultra07 on May 15, 2022, 11:56:18 AM ---Seen some used SE Tuners on eBay. Can they be used again once installed on a bike. Ad says needs to be reset to be used again. Is this possible.

--- End quote ---
r

Conventionally, the answwer is no.  The SE tuner marries and cannot be used on another ECM.  But there are apparently some international shops that have found a way to unlock them so they can be used on a new bike.

gmeikle:
Yes indeed the "used" Supertuner Pro Orange dongles can be reset/reprogrammed to be used again.

The technology or "how to" well that's secret computer business apparently...

It is done here in Australia , see ebay Australia , and I believe in Poland.

Why not ? The MOCO washed their hands of them under EPA pressure so now they're fair game I reckon.

They only work on models up to 2018 in any case.

timo482:
but will they access the software any more? it used to be that when you run the tuner it would go on HD site and get the software for that bike...???

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version