CVO Technical > Intake/Exhaust/ECM

Removing baffles

<< < (2/2)

Scott7d:
Aside from slowing down exhaust velocity and losing torque (sometimes referred to as back-pressure), it sounds terrible. Yes, it will be louder but to me it makes the bike sound like it's broken.

ultra13:
Fullsac fosho!

FLSTFI Dave:
Removing baffles will make it louder.  It will also reduce torque and make it run worse, the engine needs some back pressure.

Fullsac is the way to go.

rayson56:
It appears that the OP has exited stage left.  ::)

Beach Bum:
Thought I would circle back and update my original post. So I did remove the baffles from my stock cans in July and rode to Sturgis. The pipes were definitely louder than stock, as you would expect. Surprisingly, the sound was not tinny at all, and in fact, had a deeper resonance than I expected. Also, there was no noticeable  performance gain or loss (there was no need to put it on a dyno). I was "almost" satisfied however the sound was in my upper limits for volume and it still wasn't the real deep sound I was looking for. After some more research, I settled on the Vance & Hines Torquer 450's and put them on today. My initial reaction is....WOW!! exactly the deep bass sound and medium volume that I was looking for.  Only day 1, but I'm happy with the results. Now, I have some CVO cans to sell, maybe find someone who is looking to put Fullsac baffles in it as the stock baffles have been removed (but I plan on including the stock baffles if anyone wants them).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version