CVO Technical > Wheels/Tires/Suspension/Brakes

Bad vibrations

(1/2) > >>

johnmowcop:
I have an annoying vibration through the handlebars on a FHTK. It occurs between 25mph through to about 40mph. It is a high frequency buzzing feeling as opposed to a low frequency thump, thump type of vibe. I thought it was the wheel bearings, took it to the dealers, they said it was not the bearings but possibly due to an out of round tyre (which was new). I checked the tyre with a dial gauge, it is only 0.020” out of round, so doubt if that is it. Convinced myself it was the front wheel bearings, I changed those, no difference the buzz is still there.
It is road speed related, no matter what gear or pulling the clutch, it is there at the speed range stated above
Anyone got any ideas please.
JohnT

SIKBIRD:
The new tire wouldn’t happen to be a Michelin Commander III in a 17” or 19” would it?

HOGMIKE:

--- Quote from: johnmowcop on June 12, 2022, 06:33:19 PM ---I have an annoying vibration through the handlebars on a FHTK. It occurs between 25mph through to about 40mph. It is a high frequency buzzing feeling as opposed to a low frequency thump, thump type of vibe. I thought it was the wheel bearings, took it to the dealers, they said it was not the bearings but possibly due to an out of round tyre (which was new). I checked the tyre with a dial gauge, it is only 0.020” out of round, so doubt if that is it. Convinced myself it was the front wheel bearings, I changed those, no difference the buzz is still there.
It is road speed related, no matter what gear or pulling the clutch, it is there at the speed range stated above
Anyone got any ideas please.
JohnT

Are you sure it’s not a loose exhaust heat shield?
They make a buzzing sound at certain rpm’s

:nixweiss:

--- End quote ---

johnmowcop:

--- Quote from: SIKBIRD on June 12, 2022, 08:54:29 PM ---The new tire wouldn’t happen to be a Michelin Commander III in a 17” or 19” would it?

--- End quote ---

Yes, it is a Michelin Commander III. Sikbird, you have me intrigued, what is it you know the rest of us should know.
JohnT

johnmowcop:

--- Quote from: HOGMIKE on June 12, 2022, 10:12:28 PM ---

--- End quote ---

Thanks for your response Hogmike. I am pretty sure it is not the heat shields. It is entirely road speed related not engine speed related. I can have the engine shut down at the stated road speeds and it still vibrates through the handle bars.
JohnT

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version