Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Handlebars Help  (Read 1281 times)

Glide-man

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2013 SERG
    • CVO2: 2009 Roadglide
    • CVO3: 2003 Serk
Handlebars Help
« on: December 04, 2023, 11:13:46 AM »

Gents. I have 2013 CVO Road Glide Custom.  I have bought a seat to update the ride quality along with new shocks and fork treatment. My seat has set me back about 2 inches. I need to get that back because being 5'8'' i don't reach the handle bars without a stretch.  Being that a lot of you have changed your bars any help Identifying a good option on what bars and your experience with doing the change will be a great help to me. I'm going to be 68 years young this year and will ride till I drop. Mostly small rides. I don't do much touring anymore. Thanks in advance.  :apple: :jalapeno: :cucumber: :cherry: :coolblue:

Finster101

• Full CVO Member
Re: Handlebars Help
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2023, 06:42:40 PM »

For me I found a set of RoadKing bars were very comfortable after putting a solo seat on that moved me back on the bike.

bad00serg

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2007 Springer
    • CVO2: 2009 Springer
    • CVO3: 2020 Ultra Limited
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2023, 06:50:18 PM »

Can you just rotate your current bars back two inches by loosening the pinch bolts?

Glide-man

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2023, 12:12:10 PM »

It appears if i try to rotate my bars back, they will move down and i will still have to lean down to them.. I really don't want to go to the expense of putting new bars on. It appears a new seat will also cost me three times the seat to make the bars comfortable again. 10 year old bike and probably be my last,until Harleys fly.lol...

Glide-man

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2023, 03:00:05 PM »

Are there no others?  Can't believe such a small response. Yeah she's an old bike,however someone must have modified or had the same problem. Anyway thank you those who did respond. I have valued the help here for many years.. Merry Christmas to you all.

fastfreddy

• 1K CVO Member
  • MY CVO
    • IA

• CVO1: 2013 FLTRXSE traded
    • CVO2: 2016 FLTRUSE
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2023, 05:41:26 PM »

i had the same bike ( same paint ) as you and i ran KST custom Maham 12" , but kept the stock seat witch i liked .  we are all built a lill differnt so its gona be hit n miss on what works for you. you might check their site , they now make a bar that is double ajustable, fore and aft and wrist angle are both ajustable and seem easy to install  .... good luck
SERGU aka the RENTAL ... never home & always broke...Thnx FF

Glide-man

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2023, 07:21:23 PM »

Thank you for that advice. I have been on KST web site and saw those bars. Always great to get feedback from somebody who has tried them. I will look further on there site.. thanks FastFreddy...

OBB

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

• CVO1: 2011 Slate/Black SERGU** traded
    • CVO2: 2015 Double Blue SERGU
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG Blue
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2023, 09:41:42 PM »

Thank you for that advice. I have been on KST web site and saw those bars. Always great to get feedback from somebody who has tried them. I will look further on there site.. thanks FastFreddy...
I can't help with the pre Rushmore bikes as I like the stock setup on my '12 SERG. On my '15 SERGU I run the 3 piece KST Spearheads. Love the adjustability and the 1.5" bars made it a breeze to wire.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

PHOTOBUCKET IS HOLDING MY PIX HOSTAGE!!!

Page created in 0.132 seconds with 21 queries.