Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8  All

Author Topic: Bitch of the day  (Read 10882 times)

SPIDERMAN

Bitch of the day
« on: May 12, 2007, 09:38:00 PM »

Seems like I'm startin a lot of threads lately just to bitch about something, so I'm gonna open this one up to keep em all in one place.

Today's rant is about H-D's penchant for making chrome do dads and such that don't work if you've got other chrome do dads already on. Case in point. I just installed a transmission/engine interface kit. Three pieces of chrome that tie the engine and tranny together on the right side of the bike. First off, it's a sunofabitch to install without taking the exhaust system off. Fortunately for me I've had a dog in this fight for years and have gained considerable experience and also a collection of short sawed off allen wrenches and such. Next is the fact that if you have the trans dip stick that you can unscrew with your fingers, it won't work with this. Since I already had the whole damn thing installed at that point, I put the stock dip stick back in. So no I gotta remember to pack a big ass allen wrench for that sucker when I'm on the road.
Next case in point I mentioned on the thread about the new 07 P/N lower fork slider cover that while a very nice part, doesn't work with the nice dressy chrome axle spacers. Didn't mention that anywhere in the cat supplement I saw the part in. So that's it for today. Tomorrow it'll be something else.I'll be the first to admit it, I gettin more ornery by the week. I haven't ridden more than 350 miles in one day since last October.  These 200 mile rides around the county aren't doin it for me. I need to be out on the open highway, with as James Taylor once said. " 10 miles behind me and 10,000 more to go "

B B

Puzzled

• Vendor
  • 5k CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2018 FLTRXSE Road Glide Custom (SOLD)
    • CVO2: 2013 FLTRXSE2 Road Glide Custom (SOLD)
    • CVO3: 2001 FLTRSEI2 Road Glide (SOLD)
Re: Bitch of the day
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2007, 09:44:50 PM »

I feel your pain. I own an 01 injected bike. The last year for the M&M and none of the cool stuf fits it.

Lets see, your left coast, I'm right coast, where is the middle? I need to get some riding in...... I'm going to start emailing to see who has some floor space for Myrtle. I have no issues with packing the bike up and heading out Tuesday.
2023 CVO Road Glide
2003 Rigid Springer Chopper "Puzzle" Bike 26"

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2007, 09:47:35 PM »

Seems like I'm startin a lot of threads lately just to bitch about something, so I'm gonna open this one up to keep em all in one place.

Today's rant is about H-D's penchant for making chrome do dads and such that don't work if you've got other chrome do dads already on. Case in point. I just installed a transmission/engine interface kit. Three pieces of chrome that tie the engine and tranny together on the right side of the bike. First off, it's a sunofabitch to install without taking the exhaust system off. Fortunately for me I've had a dog in this fight for years and have gained considerable experience and also a collection of short sawed off allen wrenches and such. Next is the fact that if you have the trans dip stick that you can unscrew with your fingers, it won't work with this. Since I already had the whole damn thing installed at that point, I put the stock dip stick back in. So no I gotta remember to pack a big ass allen wrench for that sucker when I'm on the road.
Next case in point I mentioned on the thread about the new 07 P/N lower fork slider cover that while a very nice part, doesn't work with the nice dressy chrome axle spacers. Didn't mention that anywhere in the cat supplement I saw the part in. So that's it for today. Tomorrow it'll be something else.I'll be the first to admit it, I gettin more ornery by the week. I haven't ridden more than 350 miles in one day since last October.  These 200 mile rides around the county aren't doin it for me. I need to be out on the open highway, with as James Taylor once said. " 10 miles behind me and 10,000 more to go "

B B

Was it a tranny interface cover for LD or Elvis?  I finally got one on the red bike several months ago after it had been setting here waiting for install probably that much longer.  At least on it the package warning that it wasn't supposed to fit with hydraulic clutch or 6 speed was right.  With a little contouring at the grinder it went on though.  On it the tranny dipstick remained uncovered though.  A couple of others had had issues with the dipstick.  Mine was the Kuryakyn version of the dipstick and it worked ok though.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2007, 09:48:23 PM »

I feel your pain. I own an 01 injected bike. The last year for the M&M and none of the cool stuf fits it.

Lets see, your left coast, I'm right coast, where is the middle? I need to get some riding in...... I'm going to start emailing to see who has some floor space for Myrtle. I have no issues with packing the bike up and heading out Tuesday.

I'm in the middle.  You guys meet here and the beer is on me.

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• CVO1: 2005.3217-45 FLHTCSE2
    • Porthole II
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2007, 12:27:40 AM »

the beer is on me.

H'mmm, how much beer do you have?

Hey Don, new seat on the ride?
:fireman: Duane  :fireman:

MV 2013

1982 LowRider * 1974 XLCH * 1972 Adnoh
You can't control the weather, only how you deal with it

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2007, 02:10:55 AM »

H'mmm, how much beer do you have?

Hey Don, new seat on the ride?

Beer quantity = demand

Seat?  You betcha.  Me like.  Me like a lot.

HogBreath

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2009 cvo roadglide
    • CVO2: 2014 CVO StreetKing
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2007, 05:33:42 AM »

Spiderman,

Is this thread just for your bitching or can the rest of us bitch here too?
It's not the destination. It's the Journey.

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• Porthole II
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2007, 08:02:55 AM »

Is there a thread on the seat, didn't notice any topics?

What is it? How is it different then the Corbin?  Done a 800 mile day yet to test it?

And, how does the color fit in with the rest of the Red scheme?

I bought a Corbin Rumble for my bike, heated too, thought it would be just the ticket since I ride mostly solo. Figuring when Deb went it is easy enough to put the "fat" seat on with the the new King Tour Pak (which she really likes).

Corbin Rumble does not fit on a 2005 SEEG  :oops: because of the stealth luggage rack  :nixweiss:

MV 2013

erniezap

• Global Moderator
  • 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 SEUC - Black/Orange
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2007, 09:38:46 AM »

Beer quantity = demand

Which seat did you get?  I seem to remember "I'm done with modifications, it's time to ride it" after you did the engine work... :huepfenjump3:

We both know that it's never "done"
2012 Black/Orange SEUC

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• Porthole II
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2007, 09:57:58 AM »

Which seat did you get?  I seem to remember "I'm done with modifications, it's time to ride it" after you did the engine work... :huepfenjump3:

Don always was one of the biggest trouble makers on this site  :huepfenjump3:

MV 2013

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2007, 10:11:39 AM »

Is there a thread on the seat, didn't notice any topics?

What is it? How is it different then the Corbin?  Done a 800 mile day yet to test it?

And, how does the color fit in with the rest of the Red scheme?

I bought a Corbin Rumble for my bike, heated too, thought it would be just the ticket since I ride mostly solo. Figuring when Deb went it is easy enough to put the "fat" seat on with the the new King Tour Pak (which she really likes).

Corbin Rumble does not fit on a 2005 SEEG  :oops: because of the stealth luggage rack  :nixweiss:

Check this thread Duane:

http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=13042.0

It's started by TC.  He found the seat for sale on another board and posted the information in the "For Sale" section.  It was a super deal for a used Corbin.  All the chatter and then later my pictures of it installed all stayed in that thread.

No long days on it yet.  Only had it four or five days now.  But have had it out for a couple hours one day and about thre hours yesterday.  It's a Road King seat pan rather than a SEEG seat.  Its nose still fits the bottom of the dash and tank surprisingly well.  And it's actually more comfortable than the SEEG seat.  All in all I'm a very happy camper.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2007, 10:14:19 AM »

That's true Ernie.  It was completely done and I wasn't going to mess with it anymore.  So after the engine work was done the seat was TC's fault.  He found it for sale used on another site and waved it in front of my nose at an unbelievably low bargain basement price.  The power saddlebag locks and new chrome calipers that went on after the motor work were just me being a weak sniveling bastard with no will power and rainy Saturdays to kill  :huepfenlol2: .

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2007, 10:16:03 AM »

Oh crap!  Just noticed that last sentence.  Terribly sorry about that.  Was Plan B losing that stupid useless stealth luggage rack or selling the seat?

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• Porthole II
« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2007, 10:32:55 AM »

Oh crap!  Just noticed that last sentence.  Terribly sorry about that.  Was Plan B losing that stupid useless stealth luggage rack or selling the seat?

Haven't decided yet Don.

I actually like the look of the useless rack, since most of the time the bike has the stock seat. Removing will require more money, as you have to change out the bar that holds the trim pieces. I actually took one of the the rails off, was going to try the seat. But without removing the whole bar the rails are just too hard to take off. So I gave up and spent twice as long trying to get it back on.

Right now the seat is sitting in the box in the garage.

I emailed Corbin about doing a trade in, they never responded. With the heck good is a "contact us" link on their site if they don't reply?  :nixweiss:

I still like the look of the rumble, so I haven't given up yet, and it is a Corbin, the brand everybody raves about. And it has heat. Kind of thought that was a useless option, but several times now I have had frost on the seat and plenty of time dew. I'm guessing the heat would dry the seat up a bit after wiping the dew off. So that could be beneficial year round.

So I got the seat (heated) for a good deal (450), add the cost of a bar to replace the stealth rack, add the cost to custom paint the black trim on the seat, of course I could have something "personal" painted that won't take away from the bike. I do save $$$ because a rider "backrest" is not available for this seat. No hole.

Or, plan b is still to fly out to Corbin for a mini vacation, get one of the local SEEG riders to ride over for the seat pan then  .........

:nixweiss: :nixweiss: :nixweiss: :nixweiss: :nixweiss: :nixweiss:

Somebody please help us!

MV 2013

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• Porthole II
« Reply #14 on: May 13, 2007, 10:34:13 AM »

power saddlebag locks

??, 06 HD item that fits the 05?

MV 2013

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8  All

Page created in 0.192 seconds with 21 queries.