Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8  All

Author Topic: Bitch of the day  (Read 10877 times)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
Re: Bitch of the day
« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2007, 10:40:37 AM »

??, 06 HD item that fits the 05?

The power locks are on the 07 SEUC's.  Harley sells the various locking hardware parts separately though.  They do not, however, sell a wiring harness to tie it all together.

The harness is printed in a service manual though.  So you can roll your own.  The chore is shown here:

http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=12844.0

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2007, 10:59:05 AM »

B B....same problem here, but different parts.  I want the engine case cover that goes from the tranny cover to the base of the rear cylinder...guess what?  It doesn't fit with the Lifter Block covers I already have installed (which were a bitch, by the way).  I'm going to order the damn thing anyway and take a Dremel to it and make it work, if possible.  Kury doesn't seem to have this problem for some reason as all their parts fit together nicely...what a novel concept...to have a bit of foresight.  I need the cover to hide the damn weeping, dirty seam that comes back after every cleaning.
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2007, 11:09:55 AM »

Spiderman,

Is this thread just for your bitching or can the rest of us bitch here too?

Open season Amigo. It'll make it easier for us to see what pisses each other off  ;D

TC  Yes, what a marvelous concept those Kuryakyn folks have - - making sure all of their stuff fits. Amazing. But I'm sure the apologists at H-D would have an excuse. Seems lately H-D is spending more money on spin doctors than on on quality assurance. Anyway, I got all three covers on Los Dragonnes and they look good If they were not already on I'd consider the Demel route to keep the twist off tanny filler plug, but I'm not starting over again. As is, I've gotta pull the front axle and take out the fancy schmancy spacers, put in stock ones to get the lower fork slider axle cover on. And then it's the heat deflectors over the rear pipe. Did I mentione how convoluted H-D made this over the Kuryakn. AND, they're made fom solid black ABS and not lexan like the Kury parts. Nothing happening today however, it's Brunch at the Country Club with my wife for Mother's Day and then I promised her a long ride down the coast on LD. Seems we've come to an agreement I wasn't part to. LD is "our" bike. Elvis is mine. 

B B
« Last Edit: May 13, 2007, 11:20:01 AM by SPIDERMAN »

Midnight Rider

• 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #18 on: May 13, 2007, 11:29:05 AM »

Open season Amigo. It'll make it easier for us to see what pisses each other off  ;D

TC  Yes, what a marvelous concept those Kuryakyn folks have - - making sure all of their stuff fits. Amazing. But I'm sure the apologists at H-D would have an excuse. Seems lately H-D is spending more money on spin doctors than on on quality assurance. Anyway, I got all three covers on Los Dragonnes and they look good If they were not already on I'd consider the Demel route to keep the twist off tanny filler plug, but I'm not starting over again. As is, I've gotta pull the front axle and take out the fancy schmancy spacers, put in stock ones to get the lower fork slider axle cover on. And then it's the heat deflectors over the rear pipe. Did I mentione how convoluted H-D made this over the Kuryakn. AND, they're made fom solid black ABS and not lexan like the Kury parts. Nothing happening today however, it's Brunch at the Country Club with my wife for Mother's Day and then I promised her a long ride down the coast on LD. Seems we've come to an agreement I wasn't part to. LD is "our" bike. Elvis is mine. 

B B

It's odd that they did not consider the obvious...if a person is going to all the trouble to dress up the lower fork like that, they would probably also like to have the chrome spacers you speak of and which came on my bike (but are now replaced with the PM version), and are sitting in the "parts cabinet".

We want pics of the new ends when you get them on.  Need a buyer for the axel?  I put the BAH end cap on yesterday...

TTS Mastertune

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #19 on: May 13, 2007, 02:00:05 PM »

??, 06 HD item that fits the 05?
Don's bike started life as on '05, has parts from '06 (H-K Radio), '07 (Power Locks) and we are waiting for the '08's to come out to see what will be next. Something about a challenge that Don just enjoys.

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #20 on: May 13, 2007, 02:11:10 PM »

B B....same problem here, but different parts.  I want the engine case cover that goes from the tranny cover to the base of the rear cylinder...guess what?  It doesn't fit with the Lifter Block covers I already have installed (which were a bitch, by the way).  I'm going to order the damn thing anyway and take a Dremel to it and make it work, if possible.  Kury doesn't seem to have this problem for some reason as all their parts fit together nicely...what a novel concept...to have a bit of foresight.  I need the cover to hide the damn weeping, dirty seam that comes back after every cleaning.

TC, there is one other option to consider.  I personally think it's a lot better looking. 

Yours will likely be apart this winter for your cam (or other) work anyway.  When you do that change your lifter blocks.  Lose the covers you've got.  They are better looking than stock.  But they are also kind of bulky looking. 

Use these instead.  You'll make the appearance sleeker, have a better looking part, and allow all the room in the world for the other part behind it. 

I went ahead and did the matching rocker boxes and push rod tubes at the same time.  The push rod tubes and lifter blocks weren't nearly as expensive as the rocker boxes though (and they often showed up on eBay pretty cheap from guys that bought them and then found out they actually had to tear stuff apart to change them).

Anyway....  Just another option.

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• CVO1: 2005.3217-45 FLHTCSE2
    • Porthole II
« Reply #21 on: May 13, 2007, 02:27:41 PM »

Anyway....  Just another option.

I was actually thinking of using the "Report to moderator" button ...... you are such a troublemaker :-\
:fireman: Duane  :fireman:

MV 2013

1982 LowRider * 1974 XLCH * 1972 Adnoh
You can't control the weather, only how you deal with it

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #22 on: May 13, 2007, 02:29:07 PM »

I was actually thinking of using the "Report to moderator" button ...... you are such a troublemaker :-\

It's ok Duane.  I've been on double secret probation so long I think my posts automatically self report.   ???

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #23 on: May 13, 2007, 02:34:26 PM »

No he's not, I have the same set-up on Elvis and if he hadn't recommended it to TC I would have. Must be why I've been on Double Super Secret Probation since my 3rd day on the site.

B B

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• CVO1: 2005.3217-45 FLHTCSE2
    • Porthole II
« Reply #24 on: May 13, 2007, 02:39:14 PM »

Must be why I've been on Double Super Secret Probation since my 3rd day on the site.

B B

That's the problem with troublemakers like you two ..... always so proud of the mayhem you cause  :huepfenjump3:
:fireman: Duane  :fireman:

MV 2013

1982 LowRider * 1974 XLCH * 1972 Adnoh
You can't control the weather, only how you deal with it

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #25 on: May 13, 2007, 02:43:55 PM »

That's the problem with troublemakers like you two ..... always so proud of the mayhem you cause  :huepfenjump3:

I prefer to subscribe to the theory that intelligent minds think alike  :2vrolijk_21:

B B

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #26 on: May 13, 2007, 02:45:22 PM »

No he's not, I have the same set-up on Elvis and if he hadn't recommended it to TC I would have. Must be why I've been on Double Super Secret Probation since my 3rd day on the site.

B B

Those are a nice looking combination Brian.  Have always liked them.  Can certainly understand why they aren't seen in greater use.  Harley charges a fair bit for those rocker boxes especially (that you eBay!) and installing it all is more of a chore than some wish to bite off.  Certainly is a nice looking addition when it's done though.  Then again, what isn't nice about Elvis  :2vrolijk_21: !

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #27 on: May 13, 2007, 02:46:35 PM »

I prefer to subscribe to the theory that intelligent minds think alike  :2vrolijk_21:

B B

Trailblazers! 

(hey, trailblazer and troublemaker both start with T  :-\ )

Midnight Rider

• 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #28 on: May 13, 2007, 06:57:33 PM »

Yea, that's a good option...as I start gathering parts later this summer, I'll have to see if I can find those on e-bay a bit cheaper than normal...if not, what the hell, it's only money.

TTS Mastertune

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #29 on: May 13, 2007, 07:07:50 PM »

Yea, that's a good option...as I start gathering parts later this summer, I'll have to see if I can find those on e-bay a bit cheaper than normal...if not, what the hell, it's only money.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190105436197

Take a look at that one TC.  Was curious about what might be out there now and stumbled in to this listing.  $130 for tubes and lifter blocks.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8  All

Page created in 0.245 seconds with 21 queries.