Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]  All

Author Topic: Aftermarket Mail Order Performance Mods! Buyer Beware!!!  (Read 15182 times)

SPIDERMAN

Re: Aftermarket Mail Order Performance Mods! Buyer Beware!!!
« Reply #105 on: February 25, 2008, 06:43:42 PM »

Couple of things jump out at me as someone who watches millons of dollars spent on overhauling and repairing US Navy Ships.

A) Rule 1 in my business is that if you've got time to do it twice, you've got time to do it right the 1st time.

B) Reputation doesn't mean jack squat, it's performance that counts. I've seen contracts pulled from companies with 20 years of good work because of one major screw-up, so don't tell me what you did yesterday, show me you can do it right today

C) You're only as good as the people working for you. This speaks to rules 1 & 2

A lot of folks on this website spend lots of money doing performance mods to their bikes. For many of the members, the recommendation of another trusted member is enough for them to open their wallet for a specific vendor. I've stated who I do business with and I've also stated that I've never had anyone I recommended this company to disappointed. Since nobody on the site has stepped up to disagree with me, I assume I've given good advice. I think what Howie set out to do here was let folks know of his experience and then they could judge themselves. That's what makes this site so invaluable to many. To be sure, given the money spent, Howie has some dirty air up his tailpipe that needs blowin off. I don't think anyone can blame him for that. At the end of the day, he's said his piece, the vendor has responded and it now becomes a personal decision as to folks doing business with that vendor. My mind was made up before Howie started this thread, so CR didn't lose me as a customer because they never had a shot to begin with.

B B

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #106 on: February 25, 2008, 06:46:50 PM »

Iski,

Sorry I felt I had nothing left to comment on until your post, I had said my peace.

Thank you Brian. Very fairly stated. But Harry needs some straightening out too, now that he's chosen to become their spokesman!

You had nothing to say in your post either. Oh yeah, I guess you do. After all, you claim to have designed my top end yourself! Haha! You're great at parroting what you hear from people. Like you did everything yourself. You take things out of context to make a point. You don't even use the facts if they're not convenient. You recommended them, I wasn't happy, now you need to save your reputation because you recommend them to others. People aren't stupid here. All I did was pay a vendor good money for a perfect job, and didn't get the semblance of one til the third try. Not my fault, not Vern's fault. Not Alex's fault. Poor work from CR was what led to this whole thing. If they'd have owned up and simply apologized, maybe this wouldn't have gotten this ugly. What vendor in their right mind would join a forum after dealing with it's members, only to fight with an unhappy customer. Foolish strategy and clearly a no-win situation. Yet here we are. You making a fool of yourself again talking about things you know nothing first hand about speaks volumes about your loyalty. And we all know to whom! It's certainly not the members here who are constantly looking for guidance. I got stuck in this boat and knew what I was trying to get. Some don't know enough and trust the info given to them. Hopefully, this really opens up some eyes!

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

johnsachs

• Vendor
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #107 on: February 25, 2008, 07:08:08 PM »

HARRY,(Unbalanced)
GREAT OBSERVATION
Well said !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
WES and PAMMY,
Sometimes it's not worth dealing with an ARMCHAIR QB,without talking to the tech(?) who's going to do the build.
HOIST,
You never mentioned COATED PISTONS when I TRIED to HELP you.
John

erniezap

• Global Moderator
  • 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 SEUC - Black/Orange
« Reply #108 on: February 25, 2008, 07:14:21 PM »

Couple of things jump out at me as someone who watches millons of dollars spent on overhauling and repairing US Navy Ships.

A) Rule 1 in my business is that if you've got time to do it twice, you've got time to do it right the 1st time.

B) Reputation doesn't mean jack squat, it's performance that counts. I've seen contracts pulled from companies with 20 years of good work because of one major screw-up, so don't tell me what you did yesterday, show me you can do it right today

C) You're only as good as the people working for you. This speaks to rules 1 & 2

A lot of folks on this website spend lots of money doing performance mods to their bikes. For many of the members, the recommendation of another trusted member is enough for them to open their wallet for a specific vendor. I've stated who I do business with and I've also stated that I've never had anyone I recommended this company to disappointed. Since nobody on the site has stepped up to disagree with me, I assume I've given good advice. I think what Howie set out to do here was let folks know of his experience and then they could judge themselves. That's what makes this site so invaluable to many. To be sure, given the money spent, Howie has some dirty air up his tailpipe that needs blowin off. I don't think anyone can blame him for that. At the end of the day, he's said his piece, the vendor has responded and it now becomes a personal decision as to folks doing business with that vendor. My mind was made up before Howie started this thread, so CR didn't lose me as a customer because they never had a shot to begin with.

B B

Very well said Brian!
2012 Black/Orange SEUC

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #109 on: February 25, 2008, 07:25:06 PM »

HARRY,(Unbalanced)
GREAT OBSERVATION
Well said !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
WES and PAMMY,
Sometimes it's not worth dealing with an ARMCHAIR QB,without talking to the tech(?) who's going to do the build.
HOIST,
You never mentioned COATED PISTONS when I TRIED to HELP you.
John

John, all I did was try to get the specs from them first. They wouldn't furnish them and I went to you. Your specs say 0.0035". The spec sheet says Cycle-rama right on the top. If I didn't get any games played when my builder asked for the specs, there'd be no confusion. All I wanted was the specs. And I still don't evidently accurate ones. Now CR has Vern calling you guys, which is all we tried doing in the first place. I feel like I'm in the twilight zone here. How many more people will Pam recruit to make troublemaker Hoist go way! She'll never find enough as long as she keeps trying to fight with me about this. Two lousy jobs before one good one, can't be hidden by all their defensive posturing here. Doesn't change the facts! A good job was all I asked for!

Hoist! 8)

Who are you in this anyway? :confused5:
« Last Edit: February 25, 2008, 07:29:33 PM by Hoist »

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

hd-dude

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2005 Cherry FLHTCSE2 "Obsession"

• CVO1: 05 FLHTCSE2
    • Metal Dragon
« Reply #110 on: February 25, 2008, 07:25:25 PM »

Not taking any sides here guys but either this thread stays civil or it will be locked down, Just a friendly reminder.

Thanks for the cooperation 8)

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #111 on: February 25, 2008, 07:28:12 PM »

Not taking any sides here guys but either this thread stays civil or it will be locked down, Just a friendly reminder.

Thanks for the cooperation 8)

Ah hell Jim, lock it now- - it ain't goin anywhere but down anyway.

B B

SirMichael

• Senior CVO Member
  • Non Riding for the moment!!
« Reply #112 on: February 25, 2008, 07:42:08 PM »

Hoist,
           I was just wondering, seeing that your bikes seem to always have problems, how many different times have you had your bike worked on and by how many different people?? There are only so many good shops that you can go to, what are you going to do when you burn all your bridges at these shops and have no where else to go!! :embarassed:
 I have never had work done by Cycle-Rama, but it seems to me that they did admit that they missed those two things, they went out of their way to try to make up for it and to stand behind their mistakes!! To me it says alot when someone wants to stand behind their product and make it right!! I have always heard good things about C-R and alot of people are happy with there work!!
 Heck, just recently I was talking to another builder and they talked very highly of C-R and that is there compitition, he was telling me that they like C-R's work!!
      Hoist,
             C-R has a pretty good reputation and if they made a mistake and are willing to stand behind it, well that says alot in anyones book and out of the thousands of builds that they do, if there is one or two that may have an issue, well when they stand behind those one or two out of thousands, then I see no complaint and that is a pretty good record to me!!
 I don't think that I have ever seen on this site that you have been happy with anything on your bike yet, there has to be a perfect bike builder out there for you somewhere.........  :no:

Well, after all that has been said about C-R, I am still having them do my motor in a couple of weeks!! :biggthumpup:
 I sold my last ultra w/113 in it and just bought a new 07 again and am going to have C-R do a complete motor for me when I go down there in a couple of weeks!! All the checking around I did, I still think that they are one of the best!! :vrolijk_10: :vrolijk_10: There are alot of good motor guys out there, I talked to alot of people out there and Wes's name always seem to come up, alot of people like their work!! So mine will be done by C-R!!

MIKE :vrolijk_10: :vrolijk_10:

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #113 on: February 25, 2008, 08:04:54 PM »

You know what people, I'm done here. Mike, it's all there. Read it. Everyone's a know it all now. Like I said. 3 times to get the right job. Not 2 little mistakes. It's all out there. Or maybe the pictures of the poor work would help. Their FOS and ya'll believe what you want. I don't care. You've been warned to check vendor's work. That's all this is about. You don't do that and you'll get whatever you get. Maybe right, maybe not. For a vendor to go thru all this to cover their asses now is absurd. They still have never addressed all their other issues, problems and defficiencies. Just chose to fight with me instead. And I still don't have specs from them. I'm not defending myself against this barrage any longer. I don't need to. And I don't care if they're upset about this. Not my problem. I didn't screw up my job, they did. Now they want to make it about me. Let em. I don't GAS anymore. Do what you want people, it's your money, bike and time.

And Mike, get the facts straight. Oh yeah, Harry's buddy. Nuff said!

I'm out. Play your silly games and tell your Fairy Tales to someone who you can fool. That ain't me and you've wasted enough of my time on this. People are smart here and can see thru this BS easily enough.

Anything more is redundant and I think most of you can see thru this charade. Man, I wish I got this much attention from them when they were doing my job. Like I have nothing better to do than badmouth a vendor after being very happy with their work. Ya'll know me better than that! And like a vendor doesn't have anything better to do than to fight with a customer in an open forum to prove how great they are. Transparent as hell. Only a job done right the first time allows them to make that claim. Maybe even the second time. But the third time. Three strikes and you're out! People, who's the one with anything to be gained from any of this? That should speak volumes! ;)

Hoist! 8)

erniezap

• Global Moderator
  • 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 SEUC - Black/Orange
« Reply #114 on: February 25, 2008, 08:07:26 PM »

I locking this down so everyone can cool off!
2012 Black/Orange SEUC
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]  All

Page created in 0.216 seconds with 21 queries.