Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8  All

Author Topic: Myrtle Beach Lawsuit  (Read 14422 times)

MUFFMAN

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 07 FLHTUSE2
    • CVO2: 09 FLTRSE3
Re: Myrtle Beach Lawsuit
« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2008, 10:48:04 AM »

This could work. Have to see how things are once it gets closer.  Its about 14 hours from where I live so not too far.THE MUFFMAN

FLYNDYNA

• Dyna Screaming Eagle
  • 1K CVO Member
  • My Little Pepe` the CVO Donkey

• CVO1: '07 FXDSE V&H Big Shot Staggered SERT K&N A/C Custom Seat
    • CVO2: '09 Road Glide-waiting for lottery
« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2008, 11:58:43 AM »

So, you'd most likely be coming down through Michigan and picking up 64 East...is that correct? I would be heading 95 South to 64 East. Unless I decided to take 17 South...I've done that before. Longer ride...but I wouldn't have to deal with that 95 madness...

We'll have to keep this thread active when it gets closer to April & make some plans to get together...
I am so non conformist I have conformed to non conformity
I was going to procrastinate, but I put it off

MUFFMAN

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 07 FLHTUSE2
    • CVO2: 09 FLTRSE3
« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2008, 12:27:14 PM »

So, you'd most likely be coming down through Michigan and picking up 64 East...is that correct? I would be heading 95 South to 64 East. Unless I decided to take 17 South...I've done that before. Longer ride...but I wouldn't have to deal with that 95 madness...

We'll have to keep this thread active when it gets closer to April & make some plans to get together...

Crossing over the Canadian border at the Peace Bridge(New York) I would probably take US 219 to Altoona then cut across to US -30 East & go from there. Have to see which way the GPS wants to take me. THE MUFFMAN

FLYNDYNA

• Dyna Screaming Eagle
  • 1K CVO Member

« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2008, 12:45:45 PM »

Crossing over the Canadian border at the Peace Bridge(New York) I would probably take US 219 to Altoona then cut across to US -30 East & go from there. Have to see which way the GPS wants to take me. THE MUFFMAN

Keep me informed, as 30 will give you alot of options to head south...you could jump on 15, or take 30 toward Baltimore and come down 95...15 is a nice ride...if we convince DCFIREMANN to come, you could hook up with him since 30 comes near Mount Airy...then y'all could hook up with me.

FLYNDYNA

• Dyna Screaming Eagle
  • 1K CVO Member

« Reply #19 on: November 03, 2008, 12:53:03 PM »

I've started a thread in Events for this...Outer Banks Bike Week...

Jock

• Keep the Faith!
  • Photographer/Historian
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Are You Valley Experienced?
« Reply #20 on: November 21, 2008, 05:35:18 PM »

If the leaders of the community do not want you there then there you have it...too bad for the businesses that do...

:(

hard10

• Emperor of the Imperial Grand Masters of Sarcasm
  • 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE²
« Reply #21 on: November 22, 2008, 12:11:03 AM »

If the leaders of the community do not want you there then there you have it...too bad for the businesses that do...

:(

Jock, I'm in agreement there. If MB does not want bikers, I just won't go back. Nor will I go during the year. Business occasionally takes me up there but I can fill the truck up with diesel and eat in Georgetown just as easily as in MB. I see no need to spend another dollar up there.

Admiral

• My . Ol . Lady's . A Screaming Eagle !!!
  • 1K CVO Member
  • >> SILVER BULLET <<

• CVO1: 2016 FLHTKSE
    • CVO2: 2009 FLHTCUSE4
    • CVO3: 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • SJHR
« Reply #22 on: December 11, 2008, 09:41:10 PM »

Too bad the original artical link you posted is no longer available.
Would like to have read it.

« Last Edit: December 14, 2008, 10:30:56 PM by SJHR.Admiral »

pado

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: Longhorn
« Reply #23 on: December 11, 2008, 09:48:09 PM »

It's my belief that it's only Myrtle Beach that wants us out and not NMB, Cherry Grove, Surfside, etc.  I'll still go to the places that I'm wanted !!!
Founding Member and Zen Master of Pondering, Hankering and Moseying Society with all accolades and privileges

Charter Member of CVO Critter Gawking Society

Master Bloody Mary Mixologist

Screamin

• 5k CVO Member
  • Number 641

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2 Cherry
    • CVO2: 2019 Road Glide Ultra
« Reply #24 on: December 11, 2008, 10:31:11 PM »

Too bad the original artical link you posted is no longer available.
Would like to have read it.

Sorry about that. Here's just one of many links to the crap that's going on down there. If I can find a good summary of what was passed I'll post the link here.

Admiral

• My . Ol . Lady's . A Screaming Eagle !!!
  • 1K CVO Member
  • >> SILVER BULLET <<

• CVO1: 2016 FLHTKSE
    • CVO2: 2009 FLHTCUSE4
    • CVO3: 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • SJHR
« Reply #25 on: December 12, 2008, 12:23:25 AM »

Sorry about that. Here's just one of many links to the crap that's going on down there. If I can find a good summary of what was passed I'll post the link here.

No link !!

hard10

• Emperor of the Imperial Grand Masters of Sarcasm
  • 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE²
« Reply #26 on: December 12, 2008, 12:36:57 AM »

No link !!

Here: http://www.myrtlebeachonline.com/bikers/story/704076.html

or here: http://www.myrtlebeachharley.com/

or here: http://www.cityofmyrtlebeach.com/newordinances.html

New Ordinances

Updated Tuesday, December 9, 2008

The Myrtle Beach City Council approved the following ordinances on September 23, 2008.  On December 9, 2008, Council amended the effective date for some ordinances to February 28, 2009, as noted, and further amended the city's noise ordinance, as noted.  Council also set the fines for the administrative infractions at $100.

Some of the laws below amend existing ordinances, while others are entirely new.  Five took effect immediately, including the Noise Ordinance amendment, 2008-68, which was subsequently amended in 2008-77 to set an at-idle maximum measurement of 89 decibels for all motor vehicles.  The remaining ordinances now take effect Saturday, February 28, 2009.  Use the links below to view individual ordinances as PDF documents.

Ordinances 2008-57, 2008-58, 2008-59, 2008-60, 2008-77, 2008-69 and 2008-70 are laws of general application and should be read in context of the Chapter, Article and Division that they amend or supplement.  The City Code is available for comparison, but note that the new ordinances have not yet been incorporated into the existing on-line code.  Ordinance 2008-71 establishes an administrative process to handle infractions, as specified in Ordinances 2008-61, 2008-62, 2008-63, 2008-64, 2008-65, 2008-66 and 2008-67.

2008-57      Amend existing Nuisance law found in Chapter 10, Article II, Nuisances of the Code.  The effects of an unpermitted special event, or rally are a public nuisance against public health, public decency, peace and order, public welfare and safety and the public economy and responsible parties to be held financially responsible for public cost that result from their promotion.  (effective immediately)

2008-58      Amend existing Special Event law in Sections 19-127, 19-128 and 19-156 of Chapter 19, Article VI, Special Events of the Code. Those events in or adjacent to City limits, permitted or unpermitted, that impose an excessive public resource deployment are unlawful, and responsible parties are to be held financially responsible for public cost that result.  (effective immediately)

2008-59      New law amending Chapter 14, Article 1, Section 14-1.  No alcohol served between 2:00 a.m. and 6:00 a.m.  Business can exempt from 2:00 a. m. to 6:00 a. m. sale prohibition upon showing of policy or practice that addresses among other things underage drinking, over-serving, internal and premises security.  (effective February 28, 2009)

2008-60      New Law. Chapter 14, Article 1, Section 14-7.  Defrauding a restaurant is a misdemeanor.  (effective immediately)

2008-61      New law. Chapter 14, Article X, Sections 14-220. Infraction. Administrative process.  Short term rental, payers of accommodation tax, innkeeper or hotel check-in procedures; photo id for check-in; identification of all guests per room, identification of all vehicles; issue parking card.  (effective February 28, 2009)

2008-62      New law. Infraction. Chapter 14, Article X, Sections 14-221. Administrative process.  No alcohol consumption or open possession in parking areas, lots and garages.  Business shall not permit.  (effective February 28, 2009)

2008-63      New law. Infraction. Chapter 14, Article X, Sections 14-222. Administrative process.  Use of parking lot for non-parking activities a nuisance.  No destruction of landscaped areas by chairs, etc.  Businesses shall not permit.  (effective February 28, 2009)

2008-64      New law. Infraction. Chapter 14, Article X, Sections 14-223 through 14-227.  Administrative process.  Helmet and protective eyewear required for cycles and mopeds.  (effective February 28, 2009)

2008-65      New law. Infraction. Chapter 14, Article X, Sections 14-228 through 14-231.  Administrative process.  No trailers parked on public streets, or unlicensed private lots.  (effective February 28, 2009)

2008-66      New law. Infraction. Chapter 14, Article X, Sections 14-232 through 14-235.   Administrative infraction.  Convenience store and premises security.  (effective February 28, 2009)

2008-67      New law. Infraction. Chapter 14, Article X, Sections 14-236 through 14-239.  Administrative process.  Minor or Juvenile Curfew:  1:00 a.m. to 6:00 a.m.  (effective February 28, 2009)

2008-77      Amend existing Noise law found in Chapter 14, Article X, Sections 14-240.  No loud mufflers; EPA labeling required, or maximum 89 decibels allowed at idle measurement.  (effective immediately)

2008-69      Amend existing law in Chapter 14, Article V, Section 14-85, adding section (b) (10).  No loitering on commercial lots after hours, or when posted.  (effective immediately)

2008-70      Amend existing law in Chapter 12, Article III, Division 1, by adding Section 12- 102:  only 2 motorcycles per public parking space; Chapter 12, Article III, Division 2, Repeal deactivation of meters for bike parking.  (effective February 28, 2009)

2008-71      New law to enact Chapter 14, Article X, Sections 14-200 through 14-and/or reserve 14-219.  Creation of administrative hearing process for disposition of infractions.  (effective February 28, 2009)

LarryB

• Tennessee Squire
  • 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 FLTRSE3 The Grey Ghost
« Reply #27 on: December 12, 2008, 05:01:17 AM »

All the stuff going on the MB really disturbs me as read into the idea the WE are not wanted there. Read a news blurb about changes awhile back and saw a different angle.
we all know the issues that brought this to a head so I will leave as is but after reading these changes, I have a different view.
I hope my feeling is right but, I don't think it's that WE are not wanted. all those laws I have NO problem with. good safety issues, if they were imposed 10 yrs ago we would not be talking about it. I know "the Man makes laws to keep us down" well at 50 +years old, I am the man.
I see that the underlying message is BBB needs to move on and this is the only way they can achieve it.
Have you ever talked to business owners in MB. Last year I ate lunch next to a lady from the chamber of commerce. could not have been nicer. The Issue and only issue is BBB.
Sorry but true
Take it Easy Greasy Cuz it's a long walk home.

Did I shave my head for this?

Screamin

• 5k CVO Member
  • Number 641

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2 Cherry
    • CVO2: 2019 Road Glide Ultra
« Reply #28 on: December 12, 2008, 08:21:00 AM »

I disagree on a bunch of that. WE includes all riders. WE have stupid riders across the board that brings on this chit. WE were young once and did some stupid things but WE either paid the price or got away w/ it. WE, at least me, doesn't want to have to worry about putting on a lid whenever WE or me goes through some town which has asserted a higher right than the State. WE may be "the man" so WE should know that existing laws work, just enforce them equally. I mean really, WTF does a citywide helmet law have to do w/ BBB? WE have limited resources so I will now spend them elsewhere. If WE read the discourses that led to these laws there was condemnation of motorcyclists by all members of the city government. They all purported to represent their constituency.
One of the greater lessons learned through school and life was that it's just easier to punish the "class" than to single out the troublemakers and deal w/ them. WE are the class and WE have been punished. I really hate being a good boy and getting punished for someone else. Pure and simple, I won't stand for it on my dime.
Anyway, the general tone of the new ordinances AND the huge increase in vendor permits and restrictions make it pretty clear to me that M. B. wants golfers and putt putters and not motorcyclists. Wish granted. Enjoy yourself, hope folks show up and have a good time. I'm choosing Eureka instead this year.

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #29 on: December 12, 2008, 08:25:40 AM »

I disagree on a bunch of that. WE includes all riders. WE have stupid riders across the board that brings on this chit. WE were young once and did some stupid things but WE either paid the price or got away w/ it. WE, at least me, doesn't want to have to worry about putting on a lid whenever WE or me goes through some town which has asserted a higher right than the State. WE may be "the man" so WE should know that existing laws work, just enforce them equally. I mean really, WTF does a citywide helmet law have to do w/ BBB? WE have limited resources so I will now spend them elsewhere. If WE read the discourses that led to these laws there was condemnation of motorcyclists by all members of the city government. They all purported to represent their constituency.
One of the greater lessons learned through school and life was that it's just easier to punish the "class" than to single out the troublemakers and deal w/ them. WE are the class and WE have been punished. I really hate being a good boy and getting punished for someone else. Pure and simple, I won't stand for it on my dime.
Anyway, the general tone of the new ordinances AND the huge increase in vendor permits and restrictions make it pretty clear to me that M. B. wants golfers and putt putters and not motorcyclists. Wish granted. Enjoy yourself, hope folks show up and have a good time. I'm choosing Eureka instead this year.
Well said. :bigok: We all are going to pay for the stupidity of a few even the residents of MB will pay when their taxes rise, and they have to support services that bikers have been paying for when spending there $$$ at MB.

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8  All

Page created in 0.207 seconds with 21 queries.