Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: catalytic converter in CVO Fat Bob?  (Read 4069 times)

rheiner

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2 120r motor Black Diamond/Crimson Tag Graphics
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Riptide Blue/Titanium Dust
catalytic converter in CVO Fat Bob?
« on: February 17, 2009, 06:05:33 PM »

Do any of you know if the 09 CVO Fat Bob has a catalytic converter in the exhaust pipe or the muffler, for the domestic model? Thanks.

Randall

REHAB

Re: catalytic converter in CVO Fat Bob?
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2009, 04:13:43 PM »

It's in the Header Pipe. The exhaust is called two into "one" into two. The Cat is in the "one" part.
Hope this helps.
MrGPD

rheiner

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2 120r motor Black Diamond/Crimson Tag Graphics
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Riptide Blue/Titanium Dust
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2009, 07:04:14 PM »

It's in the Header Pipe. The exhaust is called two into "one" into two. The Cat is in the "one" part.
Hope this helps.
MrGPD

Thank you very much.

Randall

harris48cars

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2009, 01:51:47 AM »

Are you sure about this NASTY? I was told by the dealer the catalyst was in the muffler on the FB. Not trying to contradict you because I don't know. Would like confirmation though. I replaced my stock mufflers and while I didn't look up in to the pipe, I did look thru the muffler. Nothing visible to me in there. I'll take another look though.
  Gary

ice6900

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: fxstsse 07
    • CVO2: (non cvo) fxdl customised
    • CVO3: (custom)arlen ness 1914 flat trak replica
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2009, 04:45:18 AM »

Are you sure about this NASTY? I was told by the dealer the catalyst was in the muffler on the FB. Not trying to contradict you because I don't know. Would like confirmation though. I replaced my stock mufflers and while I didn't look up in to the pipe, I did look thru the muffler. Nothing visible to me in there. I'll take another look though.
  Gary

i think there is some confusion here, i think nasty was taking about the 09 touring models which do have the cat in the headers, but i believe all other models the cat is in the lower muffler, if u look at the end of the muffler, the muffler with the cat has a smaller diameter exhaust hole.

harris48cars

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2009, 10:27:56 AM »

Makes sense to me, thanks.
 Gary

Spikesmith01

• CVO1: Just traded my 2008 Sportster for a 2009 CVO Fat Bob.
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2009, 02:43:49 PM »

I just bought a CVO Fat Bob and there is a catalytic converter in the header in the 2 into 1. The dealership didn't know about it when I asked so I called Harley Davidson and she assured me that there wasn't one (after looking over the blueprints). The dealership had to drill it out when I was getting a race tune. Nobody really knew about it.

Rickter

« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2009, 10:23:35 PM »

Yup, I pulled the muff on my 09 FXDFSE. It's right in the 2 to 1 as said.  The MoCo said to change out the whole exhasut and keep your old pipes for resale value.  When it comes to trade in or sale, your bike get top $$ if everything is exactly stock, so I'm told.

Also,,,, watch out!!!!  That 2 to 1 gets RED HOT, even the heat shield will melt boots or skin.  I'm going to change out pipes and make sure I get a copy of the stock calibration in case I need to return it to stock condition.

2c

Page created in 0.589 seconds with 21 queries.