Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7  All

Author Topic: For Matt's New Trailer  (Read 5439 times)

Screamin_Beagle

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
Re: For Matt's New Trailer
« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2009, 08:58:33 PM »

more
What ever it is that somebody did that you didn't want done.....................I either did it or had something to do with it!!!

Screamin_Beagle

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #16 on: July 23, 2009, 08:59:11 PM »

more
What ever it is that somebody did that you didn't want done.....................I either did it or had something to do with it!!!

Screamin_Beagle

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #17 on: July 23, 2009, 08:59:36 PM »

more

Screamin_Beagle

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #18 on: July 23, 2009, 09:00:08 PM »

more

Screamin_Beagle

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #19 on: July 23, 2009, 09:00:40 PM »

more

Screamin_Beagle

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #20 on: July 23, 2009, 09:01:03 PM »

more

Screamin_Beagle

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #21 on: July 23, 2009, 09:01:37 PM »

last one for now.

Screamin_Beagle

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #22 on: July 23, 2009, 09:05:41 PM »

I have to add that I got a full spare with a new 3.00x16" tire and "new" rim.  Two air pumps, lug wrench, 2 covers and both sides of the wireing harness, and a funny hitchy thingy that I have never seen before, but let's you tow this one with a car or truck in case of trouble.... at $1K I think I got a great deal.....

Thanks Lou and Terry!!!!!!

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #23 on: July 23, 2009, 10:44:13 PM »

I have to add that I got a full spare with a new 3.00x16" tire and "new" rim.  Two air pumps, lug wrench, 2 covers and both sides of the wireing harness, and a funny hitchy thingy that I have never seen before, but let's you tow this one with a car or truck in case of trouble.... at $1K I think I got a great deal.....

You stole it Matt.  And only a couple hours from home.  You really stole it!  Nice score.

Bushtec will sell partial hitch kits.  Sounds like you may be good on the harness and at least some part of the hitch itself.  When you get a chance put a pic of the hitchy thingy so that curious Georges can see how much goody you scored.

Did I read that correctly above?  You got both a spare wheel and a complete spare tire and wheel?  So two wheels?  If so want to sell the spare spare wheel.  I don't have one.  No matter how run-flat-able these tires are supposed to be I wouldn't mind piecing together a spare.

Congrats again.  Have fun getting it set up the way you want it :2vrolijk_21: .

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #24 on: July 23, 2009, 10:48:20 PM »

Thanks for the info Don! 

OK, I'll be one of the "old timers" who have always wanted to know more about the Street Glide fender extension and now we know "The rest of the story"!  (This is gonna cost me some money, huh?)

Thanks again!

If you're thinking about doing it to the FLTR probably not Buffy.  Rear fender tip light on the bike would come off for the new body part.  Doing that would leave holes in the fender not covered by anything.  That's why my old SERG got the V-Rail rear bumper thing rather than the FLHX part like the SEEG got.

grandpadoc

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2000 SERG
« Reply #25 on: July 24, 2009, 12:29:03 AM »

:2vrolijk_21:

Buffy

• Senior CVO Member
  • Big Ugly Fat Friggin' Yankee

• CVO1: 2001 FXDWG2 - Scarlett Red Wide Glide
    • CVO2: 2007 FLTR - Orange & Black
« Reply #26 on: July 24, 2009, 07:58:36 AM »

If you're thinking about doing it to the FLTR probably not Buffy.  Rear fender tip light on the bike would come off for the new body part.  Doing that would leave holes in the fender not covered by anything.  That's why my old SERG got the V-Rail rear bumper thing rather than the FLHX part like the SEEG got.

Hey Don, my rear fender doesn't have a rear tip light, only a stick-on H-D "button"  that should be easy to remove. I'll keep my "dream" alive for a little while longer. :2vrolijk_21:
John & his 2001 Screamin' Eagle FXDWG2               and              2007 FLTR "Ultra" Road Glide
------------------------------------------------------
It\'s Never Too Late To Have A Happy Childhood

skreminegul07

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • MA

• CVO1: 2017 Indian Chieftain Limited
« Reply #27 on: July 24, 2009, 09:19:22 AM »

Don-

How/where do you hide the wire plug when hitch not installed?

Bob

For any trailer, I buy and extra trailer connector set at the parts store for a couple of bucks.  Take the tow vehicle connector and drill a hole in it and mount or ty wrap it to the trailer.  Load it up with dielectric grease.  Plug the trailer end into it and it keeps it out of the way, protected and clean. 
Any day on the bike is a good day.

Screamin_Beagle

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #28 on: July 24, 2009, 09:26:03 AM »

Sorry for the confusion Don....Only one spare tire and wheel.  If I come across one..I'll send it your way.  Thanks again for your help.

Matt

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE
    • CVO3: 2002 FXDWG3
« Reply #29 on: July 24, 2009, 09:28:17 AM »

Great score Matt, I see the garage has supplies for the trailer already.

I didn't know you used 7up for mixer though. :huepfenlol2:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7  All

Page created in 0.396 seconds with 21 queries.