Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All

Author Topic: 1992 FXR conversion to 96" kit - need advice  (Read 23876 times)

jfh

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: FLTRSE3
Re: 1992 FXR conversion to 96" kit - need advice
« Reply #30 on: December 03, 2006, 04:16:10 PM »

Very interesting post. I have a '93 FXR that I disassembled last winter in preparation for me to install my 120" Merch/Zipper's motor.  Just haven't gotten around to it and I recently sold the 120" Merch in order to finance a Zipper's 120" build for my '07 FLHTCU.

I plan to resume the FXR project over this winter and would be very interested in how you like the S&S 124".  Wes Brown and CycleRama have a great reputation. Post some pics and a dyno sheet if you have one.
Hammer - CVO Member #641

2009 FLTRSE3: Axtell jugs, JE forged flat top pistons, S&S 585 cams, SE 58mm TB, Dewey's Pro-Street porting, SE cam plate, Zipper's tapered pushrods, Cat-less, 2" Fullsac, TTS, Twin Jagg oil coolers, AK-20, 13" Works Black Trackers w/ARS, Clearview, Hawg Wired, Yaffe Monkey Bars, Danny Gray Big Seat

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #31 on: December 03, 2006, 04:47:14 PM »

Beautiful FXR Free. Must be fast. Can I ask you big inch engine guys if you know anything about the Big Air Carb from PSI Power? http://psipowerinc.com/ I've used nothing but S&S Supers, but this carb seems really slick. All adjustments are with external click knobs to dial it in. No internal jets to change for tuning. It's a little pricey, but I'm thinking of trying it on my stroker. They also say money back guarantee. If anyone knows about this carb, please let me know or PM me. Thanks, Hoist!
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

jfh

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #32 on: December 04, 2006, 06:27:34 PM »

Hoist,

My carb experience on big motors has been either Bob Wood modified Kehin CV, http://www.woodcarbs.com/carbs.htm, or Mikuni flatslide.  Both worked quite well but I'll admit that I preferred the Mikuni given it was about half the price.  The PSI Big Air looks interesting and is competitively priced with the Bob Wood offerings, but still expensive. Their 10-18 HP  guarantee "in most cases" makes me wonder about the value of their claim.  If they would flat out guarantee even 10 HP, it would be worth the investment. Certainly worthy of further research and contact with the company.

Hammer - CVO Member #641

2009 FLTRSE3: Axtell jugs, JE forged flat top pistons, S&S 585 cams, SE 58mm TB, Dewey's Pro-Street porting, SE cam plate, Zipper's tapered pushrods, Cat-less, 2" Fullsac, TTS, Twin Jagg oil coolers, AK-20, 13" Works Black Trackers w/ARS, Clearview, Hawg Wired, Yaffe Monkey Bars, Danny Gray Big Seat

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #33 on: December 04, 2006, 06:36:07 PM »

Hoist,

My carb experience on big motors has been either Bob Wood modified Kehin CV, http://www.woodcarbs.com/carbs.htm, or Mikuni flatslide.

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

jfh

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #34 on: December 06, 2006, 06:14:41 PM »

Good assessment and I agree, but it looks like a pretty nice unit. They are also claiming "money back if you're not happy - but you're going to be happy", when he e-mailed me back. I love the idea of using the S&S 2-1/16" manifold and S&S A/C assembly too. If I get more info or decide to pull the trigger, I'll let you know. Hoist!

Thanks, I look forward to hearing about your progress.
Hammer - CVO Member #641

Free

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #35 on: December 08, 2006, 03:51:49 PM »

Beautiful FXR Free. Must be fast. Can I ask you big inch engine guys if you know anything about the Big Air Carb from PSI Power? http://psipowerinc.com/ I've used nothing but S&S Supers, but this carb seems really slick. All adjustments are with external click knobs to dial it in. No internal jets to change for tuning. It's a little pricey, but I'm thinking of trying it on my stroker. They also say money back guarantee. If anyone knows about this carb, please let me know or PM me. Thanks, Hoist!

Hoist - i talked to Wes at CycleRama. He ordered the PSI Carb and will do a back to back test with his 124 with Makuni 48mm.  He thinks the claims may be too good to be true but will test it.  He says he will get back to me in a couple weeks with the results. Bruce at PSI seems knowledgable but doesn't have any Dyno sheets to back up his claim but rather drops names of chopper builders.  it will be interesting to see what Wes thinks of it after testing it.

best

Free

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #36 on: December 08, 2006, 11:38:41 PM »

Hoist - i talked to Wes at CycleRama. He ordered the PSI Carb and will do a back to back test with his 124 with Makuni 48mm.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2006, 03:48:47 PM by Hoist »

djkak

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #37 on: December 15, 2006, 02:40:14 PM »

Hoist - i talked to Wes at CycleRama. He ordered the PSI Carb and will do a back to back test with his 124 with Makuni 48mm.

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #38 on: December 15, 2006, 02:45:21 PM »

Wow

djkak

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #39 on: December 15, 2006, 06:52:15 PM »

[smiley=confused5.gif] A little too close to the gas fumes today? :-/ Hoist!

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #40 on: December 15, 2006, 07:59:48 PM »

No

djkak

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #41 on: December 16, 2006, 11:58:21 AM »

Hoist - i talked to Wes at CycleRama. He thinks the claims may be too good to be true but will test it.  
Free

What ain't you telling us about it? :o Stay away? [smiley=nixweiss.gif] Care to share?

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #42 on: December 16, 2006, 12:10:58 PM »

Hoist,

The

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #43 on: December 16, 2006, 12:49:37 PM »

Hoist,

The
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #44 on: December 16, 2006, 12:59:05 PM »

You missed this claim:

"Carb So Simple - Anyone Can Use It!!
BIG HP GAINS GURANTEED!
15-22 HP in most cases
Better than Nitrous"

Someone's been sniffing way too many fumes.

Jerry

I guess he's going for the "sensationalist" approach. Didn't pay much attention to his numbers claims, the overall package sounded worth trying with no risks. Generally speaking though, if something sounds too good to be true, it usually is. Not in any hurray. Maybe somebody here can report on it.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All

Page created in 0.154 seconds with 21 queries.