Custom Vehicle Discussions > 2001 FXDWG2/2002 FXDWG3

stock shocks

(1/2) > >>

ACE:
dose anyone knows what the stock shock on a fxdwg2 is i need a new pair and i want to get them rebuilt but i need to get a new one any help would be nice thank u

sean18337:
I need new shocks as well. 
The factory shocks are not rebuildable.
I'm considering Progressive http://www.jpcycles.com/product/701-249

J.D.:
I know this is an old thread but thought I'd share some information on the stock FXDWG2/3 rear shocks.

These shocks are made for Harley by Fox.  I was able to find someone at Fox who handles HD OEM parts.  Fox has quite a bit of info on these shocks and are willing to rebuild them.  They are not user serviceable as the cartridge is under high Nitrogen pressure.

cyco1450:
Good info to know.

DenmarkDennis:

--- Quote from: J.D. on January 20, 2019, 09:43:06 AM ---I know this is an old thread but thought I'd share some information on the stock FXDWG2/3 rear shocks.

These shocks are made for Harley by Fox.  I was able to find someone at Fox who handles HD OEM parts.  Fox has quite a bit of info on these shocks and are willing to rebuild them.  They are not user serviceable as the cartridge is under high Nitrogen pressure.

--- End quote ---

Do you have any contact info you can share?  I need new ones on my 2003 too.  The progressives are plain-jane and don't even compare to the original HD/Fox ones that came on the bike.

Any info would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version