CVO Technical > Drive Train

6 speed tranny??

(1/2) > >>

firegabe:
Has any one converted thier trans to a 6 spd?  My 2001 fat boy has a cable clutch 5 spd.  But I am thinking of the 6 spd,  for two reasons,  I commute with my bike free way 99% of the way at 70-90 MPH, this would drop my rpm
also it would be nice to get at least the 200 miles per tank I hear can be done.  I travel almost 100 miles each way. (it would be nice to only stop for gas once a day)  

And No I won't slow down! that is what traffic is like here in LA.

Thanks in advance!

kng103:
do you know what gearing your bike has?
i am very happy with the se-6 speed, but i changed out my gearing.

firegabe:
I have no idea what my gearing is is there a way for me to find out?

kng103:

--- Quote ---I have no idea what my gearing is is there a way for me to find out?
--- End quote ---

the owners manual should tell you the final gear drive ratio.

SPIDERMAN:
Has any one converted thier trans to a 6 spd?  My 2001 fat boy has a cable clutch 5 spd.  But I am thinking of the 6 spd,  for two reasons,  I commute with my bike free way 99% of the way at 70-90 MPH, this would drop my rpm
also it would be nice to get at least the 200 miles per tank I hear can be done.  I travel almost 100 miles each way. (it would be nice to only stop for gas once a day)  

[highlight]And No I won't slow down! that is what traffic is like here in LA.[/highlight]

Which LA are you talking about Dude ? I went through the City of Angels last Friday morning on the 405 freeway and sure as hell couldn't get it up to 90mph. Went through again Sunday afternoon and couldn't manage better than 70. When I was back in Maine we used to call Lewiston/Auburn  LA. You talkin about that LA Dude ?  

FYI on your 6 speed tranny question, there's a bunch of variables involved in how you can set these up. You need to discuss this with your tech before you have the work done and establish that you are looking for a .86 final drive ratio. That would not involve any changes to your primary gearing. This is pretty much standard for a Screamin Eagle install. If you wanted to go with a Baker 6 you would gear down the primary and end up with a 1 to 1 or Direct Drive final gear ratio. Bottom line, be proactive in this, do your homework, talk to your service guys. Be sure you get what YOU want.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version