Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: FLTCUSE guage replacement  (Read 3001 times)

RedEagle

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: '10 FLHTCUSE5, FullSac Xpipe, 2",TTS, 8 speaker HogTunes!
    • CVO2: WO's Chubby 578, Road Tech Zumo 660
Re: FLTCUSE guage replacement
« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2011, 09:21:10 AM »

You don't mention what brand the digital gauge is but most have the ability to increase the visibility if you choose that.

I found the paperwork It's a Dakota Digital Odyssey Series HLY-3161, A Clock with day/date and temp.  It looks like I need a sensor for the temp It says it must be their sensor or it wont read right.  Part no. SEN-15-1.

I reset the gauge it was maxed our on the display which also makes it hard to read.  I have not taken it for a ride due to the rain, but it should be clearing this weekend.
I was so much Older then....I am younger than that Now.

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2011, 08:44:22 AM »

Harley also makes a compass that mounts in that opening and matches the other gauges if you want something different there.  The XM antenna mounted on top of the radio (centered as far forward as possible) has worked well for me.  Go ahead and up grade the  fairing brackets to the newest model if they haven't been since they're stronger.  LED lights for all the gauges are not that expensive and a great up-grade in my book to balance the gauge lighting with the speedo & tach brightness.  If you're keeping to your budget, then that's all I can think of right now.  When/if you decide to bust the budget, just ask JCZ or some others here and they'll really trick it out for ya with sound and other upgrades.  ;) har.  spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

RedEagle

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: '10 FLHTCUSE5, FullSac Xpipe, 2",TTS, 8 speaker HogTunes!
    • CVO2: WO's Chubby 578, Road Tech Zumo 660
« Reply #17 on: May 23, 2011, 10:40:25 AM »

I got out for a nice ride Sunday.  After adjusting the gauge it looks a lot better but I was never in direct sun we had cloud cover all day.  I did notice it doesn't keep time real well but there is an adjustment for that that I will work on.  and it must have a temp sensor because it was reading and according to the manual if it didn't have it it would read _ _ _ .  I didn't pay attention to it until I was stopped and then it was reading high.  Hell who want to know how hot or cold it is the only time you look is when you are miserable......*S
I was so much Older then....I am younger than that Now.

ramblinman

« Reply #18 on: June 13, 2012, 12:41:42 PM »

My experience with the XM which works great was to move it out from under the Batwing and place it on top of my left hogtune tweeter speaker.  Mine use to loose signal constantly and now I get three bars all the time and even one bar in he garage with the door open.  There is plenty of cord to do this and I used double sided foam tape to stick it down.

• My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge, when my information changes, I alter my conclusions
  • 5k CVO Member
  • monter le cheval de fer (French)
    • NC

• CVO1: 2013 SERK-Dressed in BLUE of course.
    • CVO2: 2002 Supercharged HD F150 512 RWHP
    • CVO3: 1956 BelAir Sports Coupe
« Reply #19 on: June 13, 2012, 01:32:48 PM »

A magnetic socket for the lower 2 bolts can save u. when you drop a bolt, its really hard to find which cranny it fell in. I had 2 take it apart 2 locate!!

Thanks I have little magnets that fit in a socket...If it is a Torques or a Allen type I might need to buy something.  I will make sure I get the right tool  a pic would be nice if its not to much trouble.
They are torx head on my '09. You may can use a magnetizer....it doesn't take much to hold it
Most Honda Goldwing riders will blink when hit in the head  with a ball-peen hammer (sans helmet)
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.148 seconds with 22 queries.