Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  All

Author Topic: Shutgun Shock installation  (Read 21957 times)

lrdean

• NY

• CVO1: 2013 Black Diamond, Molten Silver, Crushed Slate Graphics
Re: Shutgun Shock installation
« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2013, 06:27:01 PM »

I know you did alot of work but, I just noticed the skull bolt on the rear fender it's all about the details.

cambo

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 CVO Breakout
    • CVO2: 2015 Ultra Limited
« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2013, 07:16:48 PM »

Thanks! Changing things around on the bike is at least half the fun. :)

CVOSE Breakout

• Junior CVO Member
Re: Shotgun Shock installation
« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2014, 11:03:07 PM »

Thanks! Changing things around on the bike is at least half the fun. :)

Hey Cam, nice ride.

I know you wouldn't be riding slammed all the time but just wondering, have you noticed if your rear wheel guard rests on the chrome rear belt guard in the lowest position? Which is also on the bum stops at the same time.

Cheers, Dave.

cambo

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2014, 08:19:18 AM »

Hey Cam, nice ride.

I know you wouldn't be riding slammed all the time but just wondering, have you noticed if your rear wheel guard rests on the chrome rear belt guard in the lowest position? Which is also on the bum stops at the same time.

Cheers, Dave.
Dave,

Excellent point ! I just went to the garage and checked the clearance at the lowest setting. There is at least a 1 inch clearance between the wheel guard and the chrome cover. I think it will be less than that with me on it but that test will have to wait until we are out of this dang deep freeze and I can use the excuse and at least ride the bike around the neighborhood.

Cam

CVOBreak

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #19 on: January 27, 2014, 09:04:05 AM »

Famous last words.  :huepfenlol2:

Just curious as to what oil cooler you used and the brand of cooling fans.

cambo

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #20 on: January 27, 2014, 09:36:20 AM »

Just curious as to what oil cooler you used and the brand of cooling fans.

I opted for the HD premium oil cooler and WPW cooling fans.

CVOSE Breakout

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #21 on: January 27, 2014, 11:09:06 PM »

Dave,

Excellent point ! I just went to the garage and checked the clearance at the lowest setting. There is at least a 1 inch clearance between the wheel guard and the chrome cover. I think it will be less than that with me on it but that test will have to wait until we are out of this dang deep freeze and I can use the excuse and at least ride the bike around the neighborhood.

Cam

Thanks Cam.
Mine clearly touches (rests on) the chrome belt guard toward the front end of the arch on the wheel guard. If I knew how to reduce the size of a photo off my phone I would post. I'll keep trying.
Dave

CVOSE Breakout

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #22 on: January 28, 2014, 06:08:11 AM »

Thanks Cam.
Mine clearly touches (rests on) the chrome belt guard toward the front end of the arch on the wheel guard. If I knew how to reduce the size of a photo off my phone I would post. I'll keep trying.
Dave

Here we go Cam. Is yours anywhere near as close to this?
Dave

cambo

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #23 on: January 28, 2014, 06:54:00 AM »

Here we go Cam. Is yours anywhere near as close to this?
Dave

Ouch! No Dave, there is at least 1 to 1.5 inch of clearance on my bike. Do you also have Shotgun shocks on yours?

Cam

CVOSE Breakout

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #24 on: January 28, 2014, 07:04:34 AM »

Ouch! No Dave, there is at least 1 to 1.5 inch of clearance on my bike. Do you also have Shotgun shocks on yours?

Cam

Yes Shotguns Cam. If its not too much trouble can you take a photo, showing the whole belt guard and wheel while slammed, so I can somehow calculate where the difference is? Thanks in advance.
Dave

CVOSE Breakout

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #25 on: January 28, 2014, 07:25:13 AM »

Cam

Here's a better pic. I must have bought the sawn-off shotgun model!!

Being and inch or so higher does that mean your guard only just drops below your rim or level with it? Has anyone else fitted these shocks who can provide some feedback?

Dave

cambo

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #26 on: January 28, 2014, 08:17:51 AM »

Being and inch or so higher does that mean your guard only just drops below your rim or level with it? Has anyone else fitted these shocks who can provide some feedback?

Dave

Dave,

With my buddy's bike squeezed next to mine in the garage it's hard for me to get a clear view or take a picture for now. I will do so as soon as I am able to move one of the bikes out. I looked as closely as I could to see any scratches/marks on the chrome and saw none. I also ran my finger along the edge of the guard to see if I could feel any rough spots that would point out it had made contact with the guard. It was smooth.

Cam

24v

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #27 on: January 28, 2014, 08:25:31 AM »

Dave
The belt guard is rubber mounted and has some play.  I would bet that when it was loosened to add that tag you have on there, it was tightened back a little higher.  Loosen all the bolts, pull the guard lower, and retighten them.  That should fix the issue.

05Train

• Mind is not for rent
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #28 on: January 28, 2014, 12:04:32 PM »

Hi Cam, I have a few questions for you about that shock.

- How's the ride quality on the lousy roads around here.....Think something like White's Ferry Rd.

- Where did you mount the switches?

- What's the unit weigh?

Thanks.
The best you've had is the best you know.

cambo

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #29 on: January 28, 2014, 01:59:12 PM »

Hi Cam, I have a few questions for you about that shock.

- How's the ride quality on the lousy roads around here.....Think something like White's Ferry Rd. This road in particular is the reason for my current back pain as I hit one of the imperfections before changing the shocks and wondered why the bike is called a softail! With shotgun shock, The ride is what it should have been from the factory. Amazing how much better the ride is.

- Where did you mount the switches? Mounted it right above the horn cover, which is the default mount option. You can ask for custom mount setup but this works just fine for me as I don't really mess with it much. I now only do the slammed look when a buddy asks to see it. Usually I set it to a little lower than the stock ride height.

- What's the unit weigh? I didn't pay much attention to the weight so I can't tell you for sure. But when swapping out the stock shocks, it felt like it was close to the same weight (it's a single piece) vs. the two shocks I replaced.

Thanks.

Answers above in blue. Hope this helps.

Cam
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  All

Page created in 0.175 seconds with 21 queries.