Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]  All

Author Topic: How Far Do You Follow Your GPS?  (Read 17612 times)

2 ROSE

• Elite CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2012 CVO Convertible aka “Rose”...my one and only.
Re: How Far Do You Follow Your GPS?
« Reply #60 on: March 30, 2015, 07:22:24 PM »

:-\
I would say the (back) or behind source just has to be the "right" one. :nixweiss:

Yeah, no question, they are ALWAYS right...

phato1

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011.5 FLHTCUSE6 - SOLD
    • CVO2: 2001 FLSTFI - non CVO, but really cool
« Reply #61 on: March 30, 2015, 07:59:33 PM »

Yeah, no question, they are ALWAYS right...

I'm perfectly happy, and smart enough, to let 'em think so  ;)
"The solutions are all simple....after you have arrived at them."     - Robert M. Pirsig

CVODON

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 15 FLTRUSE
« Reply #62 on: April 04, 2015, 08:24:42 PM »

I was part of a test in 04 for Garmin usage by the company I work for. It went well and EVERY work day since then I have used one for 4 -5 destinations in a large area of Florida, these have inc oe units as wel as Garmin and I have found thru working with others something I agree totally with, If a GPS takes you to someplace incorrect, or down a road type you are not wanting to go on, It is almost always the person who programmed it's fault, He either set it  wrong when he bought it, or he just programmed it wrong. I Have NEVER in 11 years had one take me to the incorrect place and the fault not be MINE. I love them, use them as I said Every day including weekends no matter where we go. Not just for the directions but also for the now supplied traffic info. Before I leave home or one destination going to another destination I hit the traffic button first, Saves me a measurable amount of time. GPS is one of the hightlights of our current century and like cell phones has changed the way we live.

SDCVO

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • 19 CVO RG-12 CVO RG
    • CA

• CVO1: 2019 Mako Shark Roadglide
    • CVO2: 2012 Maple Roadglide
    • CVO3: 2019 BMW K1600 Grand America
« Reply #63 on: April 04, 2015, 09:13:10 PM »

My son has played football at Central Missouri for the last 4 years. I have never missed a game that he has started so every Friday for the last 2 1/2 years I have jumped on a plane and flown somewhere (away games) that I have never been before and than drove back to Warrensburg MO after the game with him sometimes up to 10 hours away. I have detached my 665 from my bike each time and used the suction mount to get me to all these places and it has never been wrong and is amazingly accurate on what time I will arrive even over hundreds of miles.
Alan

TinSpinner

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: FLHTCUSE8
« Reply #64 on: April 13, 2015, 10:32:13 AM »

Funny thing happened to my dad last week. He took his lady friend to visit Callaway Gardens, southwest of Atlanta. They were driving through looking at all the azaleas and flowers in bloom in his Lincoln Town car when they decided it was time for lunch. Not sure of their exact location and how best to get to the nearest restaurant he consulted his GPS. Following the directions he was given he took the first right turn which just happened to be a cart path on the golf course! Somehow he managed to cross a "really small bridge", in his words, and nearly ran head on into a golf cart approaching the bridge from the other side before he realized his mistake.  :confused5: I'm sure there were some laughs about that encounter at the 19th hole.

Guess it's about time to have that talk with the old man, he's 86 but I know he won't give up his keys without a fight.

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #65 on: April 13, 2015, 10:52:10 AM »

I've been known to be led astray a time or two.

But that was long before gps and usually had something to do with the female persuasion.  Faded memories.....but I used to love getting kidnapped!  :bananarock:
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

GregKhougaz

• It's a Two Wheeled World.
  • Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: '22 BMW Grand America
    • CVO2: '18 Porsche C4 GTS
    • CVO3: '22 Porsche Macan GTS and my mountain bike.
« Reply #66 on: April 13, 2015, 10:53:30 AM »

...   Following the directions he was given he took the first right turn which just happened to be a cart path on the golf course! Somehow he managed to cross a "really small bridge", in his words, and nearly ran head on into a golf cart approaching the bridge from the other side before he realized his mistake.  :confused5:  I'm sure there were some laughs about that encounter at the 19th hole.

Guess it's about time to have that talk with the old man, he's 86 but I know he won't give up his keys without a fight.

Sounds a lot like the poor trucker in the first post!  Not sure I would blame Dad too much.     :nixweiss:

"We've got some tall tales we love to tell.  They may not be true but we sure do remember them well." 
 Sawyer Brown

When you come to a fork in the road... take it!

ultrarider123

« Reply #67 on: April 13, 2015, 10:58:09 AM »

The '13 335 we just acquired has GPS/Navigation and the first vehicle I've had that came with it and the first time I've used an "electronic" map...Not too shabby.....

.....although being a male, I really don't need a map as I always know where I'm going and never get lost..... :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: ::) ;D :orange: :bananarock: :rolleyes4: :zroflmao: :zroflmao:
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]  All

Page created in 0.145 seconds with 21 queries.