Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10
 on: September 10, 2024, 01:26:20 PM 
Started by RangeBrover - Last post by BigLock
Welcome from the Tar Heel state!!!

on: September 10, 2024, 12:19:00 PM 
Started by RangeBrover - Last post by GregKhougaz

Looks very clean, RangeBrover! Welcome and congratulations!

on: September 10, 2024, 12:11:00 PM 
Started by RangeBrover - Last post by ultrafxr
Welcome.  I had that same bike for several years.  Great bike and one of the very best paint jobs imo.  Here's a pic from the day we picked it up in Nov. 2011.

on: September 10, 2024, 11:34:10 AM 
Started by longlast - Last post by longlast
Heli Coil should do it.

No, i did check into that route.  With  Heli Coil you have to cut away to much material. The H C wall is .097"   the T S  insert wall is .061" .
Overall cut on a .462" plug hole with H C is .575" thats a lot of material on a plug hole cut away
 With the T S  Overall cut is .512"  plus the TS is a 1.25 thead

There's not a lot between the plug hole and the valves to play with.

on: September 10, 2024, 10:49:14 AM 
Started by RangeBrover - Last post by RangeBrover
Finally picked up a 2012 CVO in Electric Orange after searching for a while. Figured I should join the group!

I am also looking for an FXR4...

on: September 10, 2024, 10:08:51 AM 
Started by longlast - Last post by acevtwin
Heli Coil should do it.

on: September 09, 2024, 11:19:03 PM 
Started by longlast - Last post by longlast
Thanks for all the info.  :2vrolijk_21:

This is a first for me. I've pulled wrenches all my life and this is my first plug hole repair I've ever had to do. So im a greenhorn at this.

The Time Sert Kit looks like the way forward but at 200 + a kit  for one hole and never use kit again  i can't justify the cost.

Alternative, 

I contacted Alex he overhauls Harley-davidson heads and he's going to help me out. I've already removed the head and I'll take it to him in the next day or two.
BTW. Alex uses Time Sert on his repairs.

I'll post a photo outcome.

on: September 09, 2024, 10:42:51 PM 
Started by longlast - Last post by Aussie

I don't like that first kit as well as the second one with the solid inserts.  The time-serts are a solid piece of steel as opposed to a coil.  I used them to repair head bolt holes that had stripped out of aluminum blocks.  They are quite strong and much more reliable for something like a sparkplug hole where the plugs will be removed and reinstalled.
I haven't done a repair for many years but will use Time-serts next time around. They seem to be a cleaner and more robust repair. Thanks for sharing.

on: September 09, 2024, 07:49:03 PM 
Started by longlast - Last post by Finster101

I don't like that first kit as well as the second one with the solid inserts.  The time-serts are a solid piece of steel as opposed to a coil.  I used them to repair head bolt holes that had stripped out of aluminum blocks.  They are quite strong and much more reliable for something like a sparkplug hole where the plugs will be removed and reinstalled.

on: September 09, 2024, 07:12:40 PM 
Started by longlast - Last post by Aussie
This may be some help to you.

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10

Page created in 0.203 seconds with 18 queries.