Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]  All

Author Topic: Backrest for 2015 solo seat  (Read 42993 times)

RedNose44

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • CA

• CVO1: 2016 CVO SG Carbon Crystal / Phantom Flames
Re: Backrest for 2015 solo seat
« Reply #105 on: February 03, 2016, 12:08:46 AM »

Just a heads up. If you plan on running your factory seat as a solo seat, the backrest bracket will makes some indentations on the rear of the seat. I am looking at getting another solo seat now because of the marks on my factory seat. If you never remove the passenger pillion it won't matter. FYI...

bikeman_ne

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
« Reply #106 on: February 05, 2016, 11:04:34 AM »

After reading the various posts decided to call Lonnie and try the backrest vs. buying a new Corbin.   I got only the frame only from Grasshopper and went with the matching backrest pillow from HD(2015 StreetGlide).  Everything fits great (couldn't fit the tie down strap on the passenger pad but who cares).  The issues of flex mentioned in the early posts from been fixed.  Was able to get 100 miles on the bike before the weather changed.   Looking forward to a long ride to see how it feels.  Overall very happy with everything.

Hotfire

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • LA

• CVO1: 2016 SESG Atomic Red
    • CVO2: 2009 SERG Silver
    • CVO3: 2008 SERK Anniversary
« Reply #107 on: February 09, 2016, 02:11:50 PM »

Yep, I too acquired (friend sold me his for $50.00 after buying a Corbin solo with backrest) a Grasshopper aftermarket backrest and love it.  I have over 1K with it on and can't complain at all.
Hotfire

Hotfire

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • LA

• CVO1: 2016 SESG Atomic Red
    • CVO2: 2009 SERG Silver
    • CVO3: 2008 SERK Anniversary
« Reply #108 on: February 09, 2016, 02:13:01 PM »

Here's a rear view.

bigdave110

• Senior CVO Member
  • I can't take it with me N I ain't givin it to you!
    • PA

• CVO1: 2008,11,12,13 FLHTCUSE (all sold)
    • CVO2: 2015 CVO street glide(sold) 2017 CVO Street Glide(sold)
    • CVO3: 2017 CVO street glide (Black)
« Reply #109 on: February 19, 2016, 10:36:13 AM »

I purchased this back rest.
It is a nice product.
For you guys that are normal size or smaller I think it will work out great for you.
It really is a nice option for keeping the stock seat.

I am a very big guy, so as you can imagine. The back rest had entirely to much flex for me. It has in fact bent a bit.
So I just went ahead and purchased an ultimate solo seat with back rest to try. We will see how that works.

Just to close, In no way do I wish to bad mouth this product, it is a great idea.
Just giving the bigger guys that like to lean on there back rest on long rides, this may not be a good choice for you.

Have a great day all.

BigDave
« Last Edit: February 19, 2016, 10:38:03 AM by bigdave110 »

DownUnder CVO

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Ultra Limited-Traded
    • CVO2: 2015 CVO Road Glide Ultra- Traded
    • CVO3: 2022 CVO Road Glide Limited
« Reply #110 on: March 05, 2016, 08:26:32 PM »

I enquired with bad boz and looked at the Grashopper website, I decided to order #HDCVOTN through grasshopper and got the backrest including pad.
It was $130 with Shipping to Australia. Bad boz was a lot more pricey at $225 shipped.
I then got the following email from George, so now not sure what I am getting! Will I get the new Stainless version?

"Grasshopper will not sell you the triangle Backrest because we are exclusive and they are our partners on the CVO backrest. You will be getting the old version that has a one piece not interchangeable. Lonnie and I are partners and we are the only one that sells this product good luck."
« Last Edit: March 05, 2016, 08:28:35 PM by DownUnder CVO »
If You're Not Living On The Edge, You're Taking Up Too Much Space!

262 CVO 16

• Full CVO Member
  • MOLON LABE
    • WI

• CVO1: 2016 Carbon Crystal
    • CVO2: 2015 Jeep Willys JK on 35s
    • CVO3: 2014 Black Denim SG (Sold)
« Reply #111 on: May 01, 2016, 07:51:22 PM »

Is there any more information on this? I'm very interested in getting one, but don't want to get the "early model" & waste the money.  An email address?  Website? Anything?
2016 CVO Street Glide
Carbon Crystal w/ Phantom Flames
Matching Tourpack
Day Maker Spots
CD LED Blinkers
16" Apes
Yaffe Plate

fredfoot

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NY

• CVO1: 2015 Street Glide CVO
« Reply #112 on: May 01, 2016, 08:56:40 PM »

Go to Grasshoperlimited.com. I believe they are all the new style now.

262 CVO 16

• Full CVO Member
  • MOLON LABE
    • WI

• CVO1: 2016 Carbon Crystal
    • CVO2: 2015 Jeep Willys JK on 35s
    • CVO3: 2014 Black Denim SG (Sold)
« Reply #113 on: May 01, 2016, 09:32:15 PM »

Grasshopper shows the "Touring", but not the CVO. I'm guessing it's now proprietary to BadBoyz. But.... on Grasshopper, if you look at the seat on the Breakout version, it looks remarkably similar to the CVO SG. Hmmmmm..... :nixweiss:
2016 CVO Street Glide
Carbon Crystal w/ Phantom Flames
Matching Tourpack
Day Maker Spots
CD LED Blinkers
16" Apes
Yaffe Plate

jmanderson6

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • FL

• CVO1: 2016 Roadglide Ultra CVO
    • CVO2: 2014 Softail Deluxe NON-CVO
« Reply #114 on: May 04, 2016, 11:19:35 PM »

yes i ordered one a week ago. grasshopper will not sell them anymore and refers you to bad boy. i called bad boy bc i didn't want the backrest pad and the only offered me a 20 dollar discount not to get it.... plus the price is up to over 200 now.... i bought it bc I'm going on a long trip and wanted the backrest ill tell you how it works out in a month when i leave Brazil and get back to the states.

us1fountain

• Junior CVO Member
  • 2017 CVO SG
    • IN

« Reply #115 on: April 15, 2017, 02:42:17 AM »

Old topic, but wanting to see if others are having same results as I.

I ordered this backrest mount from badboyz  just a couple months ago. So from reading this thread, mine should be the heavier SS version as its been almost a yr since the updated version.  I'm only 155lbs and this one flexes just by resting against it. Plus it does not have the added  welded reinforcement angle. (not the  1st redesign with gussets, but the doubled up steel) Also, only the upper half is SS. The lower piece is steel. I'm thinking mine is an old one?? Which would explain why I'm not enjoying the same positive reviews that several here are. Somewhat dissapointed as the flex offers little back support for me. I may weld the reinforcement piece in and repowder coat mine, but Im also concerned about the bolts and the fender. Theres alot of leverage working against them. Afraid the fender could be bent if for some reason someone leans to hard against backrest. I might look into redesigning  the lower piece entirely to also attach to the bolts near battery like the HD mount does, if space permits, taking the  leverage force off the fender bolts. At least now I have a pattern to work with vs, starting from scratch. I'm a toolmaker and considered making one from day 1, but decided to just buy this instead.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2017, 03:02:16 AM by us1fountain »

smkymtnboy

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • TN

• CVO1: flhxse
    • CVO2: flhtcuse5
    • CVO3: flhtcuse6
« Reply #116 on: April 15, 2017, 09:07:00 AM »

Old topic, but wanting to see if others are having same results as I.

I ordered this backrest mount from badboyz  just a couple months ago. So from reading this thread, mine should be the heavier SS version as its been almost a yr since the updated version.  I'm only 155lbs and this one flexes just by resting against it. Plus it does not have the added  welded reinforcement angle. (not the  1st redesign with gussets, but the doubled up steel) Also, only the upper half is SS. The lower piece is steel. I'm thinking mine is an old one?? Which would explain why I'm not enjoying the same positive reviews that several here are. Somewhat dissapointed as the flex offers little back support for me. I may weld the reinforcement piece in and repowder coat mine, but Im also concerned about the bolts and the fender. Theres alot of leverage working against them. Afraid the fender could be bent if for some reason someone leans to hard against backrest. I might look into redesigning  the lower piece entirely to also attach to the bolts near battery like the HD mount does, if space permits, taking the  leverage force off the fender bolts. At least now I have a pattern to work with vs, starting from scratch. I'm a toolmaker and considered making one from day 1, but decided to just buy this instead.
i think you would be happier stiffening the metal and drilling for bolts where it slides in.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]  All

Page created in 0.156 seconds with 21 queries.