Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Author Topic: Stock 110 RPM Limit  (Read 13505 times)

fastfreddy

• 1K CVO Member
  • MY CVO
    • IA

• CVO1: 2013 FLTRXSE traded
    • CVO2: 2016 FLTRUSE
Re: Stock 110 RPM Limit
« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2015, 07:07:37 PM »

Am I to understand that in the garage, motor running, in neutral, you're free revving the motor to see if you can hit the rev limiter?

I hope that's not what I get from your comment, I must have read it wrong.
yup, you read it correctly,  :2vrolijk_21:
SERGU aka the RENTAL ... never home & always broke...Thnx FF

mike jesse

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2015, 03:21:43 AM »

doubt it...two reasons, bike has 900 miles and worn springs would be weaker, thus reving easier...
unless you believe a worn spring is holding open longer and bleeding off compression?

my opinion, and only that, there is a programming in there which only allows the rev limit at certain speed per gear???siting in garage in neutral the ecm would let it get within 200 rpm of set limit, two settings with same result, got to be programming and sensors...

You have no clue as to what your doing right?

HILLSIDECYCLE.COM

• Banned
  • 1K CVO Member
« Reply #17 on: May 09, 2015, 05:31:09 AM »

I'm outta' here..........
Scott

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #18 on: May 09, 2015, 08:24:12 AM »

You have no clue as to what your doing right?

Unfortunately, I believe you are correct.  I had actually typed up a post a couple days ago asking if he was just free revving it in the garage, because his first post kind of made it sound that way, but then I decided not to post it because I figured I just misread something, as no one would sit in their garage and just free rev the engine testing the rev limiter setting.  After his last post, it turns out I didn't misread anything.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

smkymtnboy

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • TN

• CVO1: flhxse
    • CVO2: flhtcuse5
    • CVO3: flhtcuse6
« Reply #19 on: May 09, 2015, 09:12:50 AM »

Unfortunately, I believe you are correct.  I had actually typed up a post a couple days ago asking if he was just free revving it in the garage, because his first post kind of made it sound that way, but then I decided not to post it because I figured I just misread something, as no one would sit in their garage and just free rev the engine testing the rev limiter setting.  After his last post, it turns out I didn't misread anything.

Jerry
what is the warranty folks say about something of this nature, jer? I assume it is under warranty! :nixweiss:

HD Street Performance

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #20 on: May 09, 2015, 09:36:25 AM »

I know there would be someone tell me how I am hurting it, or should have shifted earlier...its the nature of forums where opinions usually outnumber actual knowledge. Not saying anyone doesn't know what they are saying...I am saying nobody can tell me why the bike shuts off before the rev limit programmed into it...

FYI there are some shape dudes on this site that "get it". They may not have the answer you want to hear but it will be based on knowledge and experience.
FWIW your buddies are going to pound you worse if you waste time operating the motor in areas where the power and torque have diminished. That same time would have been more productively spent shifting up earlier. More motive force is accomplished. If you want to utilize a higher redline and win the race you will need more HP and a strong curve after the rpm drop at the shift points.

twinotter

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #21 on: May 09, 2015, 09:09:52 PM »

Pretty much a waste to convince a marble it rolling the wrong way!! Buffalo

bakon

• Elite CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited "Wicked"
« Reply #22 on: May 10, 2015, 03:14:57 PM »

and sitting in garage reving up to limit for a few seconds is worse in what way? You smart marbles can maybe clue me in? because under load it will rev higher, because reving while doing 40 + mph in first gear would be better because....?

Again thank for pointing out its past its power point...still nobody can tell me why the limit is actually lower than number programmed...

someone please respond with "these aren't race bikes" again...
Will

hawgzilla

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #23 on: May 10, 2015, 07:05:05 PM »

Wow. Unbelievable!!!

FlaHeatWave

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: '01 FXDWG2 RED 103 6sp
    • CVO2: '05 FLHTCSE2 CHERRY
    • CVO3: '09 FLTRSE3 YELLOW 117/DD7
« Reply #24 on: May 11, 2015, 02:02:57 PM »

and sitting in garage reving up to limit for a few seconds is worse in what way? You smart marbles can maybe clue me in? because under load it will rev higher, because reving while doing 40 + mph in first gear would be better because....?

Again thank for pointing out its past its power point...still nobody can tell me why the limit is actually lower than number programmed...

someone please respond with "these aren't race bikes" again...

And now we see what Harley Dealers have to put up with... :nixweiss:
"I've read dozens of books about heros and crooks, and learned much from both of their styles"

bakon

• Elite CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited "Wicked"
« Reply #25 on: May 11, 2015, 02:31:09 PM »

Not trying to be rude, seriously, you haven't given a reason. Race engines and rebuilt street engines are run to limit in garage or stand all day long. But that is really off topic, the point of post was is there another item, sensor or program which would limit the rpm lower than the ecm is programmed for?

Will

fastfreddy

• 1K CVO Member
  • MY CVO
    • IA

• CVO1: 2013 FLTRXSE traded
    • CVO2: 2016 FLTRUSE
« Reply #26 on: May 11, 2015, 03:46:39 PM »

Can you post a video of the event maybe that will help us to understand
SERGU aka the RENTAL ... never home & always broke...Thnx FF

FlaHeatWave

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: '01 FXDWG2 RED 103 6sp
    • CVO2: '05 FLHTCSE2 CHERRY
    • CVO3: '09 FLTRSE3 YELLOW 117/DD7
« Reply #27 on: May 11, 2015, 05:08:47 PM »

Not trying to be rude, seriously, you haven't given a reason. Race engines and rebuilt street engines are run to limit in garage or stand all day long. But that is really off topic, the point of post was is there another item, sensor or program which would limit the rpm lower than the ecm is programmed for?
You're right, since the ECM is not getting info from the Speed Sensor(bike stationary) you might try holding the throttle open longer and see if the ECM "catches up" and allows the engine to rev more...

As fastfreddy posted, a video could be helpful.
"I've read dozens of books about heros and crooks, and learned much from both of their styles"

MLCRISIS

« Reply #28 on: May 11, 2015, 05:55:26 PM »

This is a little off topic, I had a 2005 caddy CTS that would only go to about 3500 rpm while stationary and in neutral, in gear and under way it was a different story. Always assumed it was GM's way of protecting the thing from my dumb ass.

lowflight

• Senior CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 2013 SERG
« Reply #29 on: May 11, 2015, 08:36:25 PM »

I can not answer the question, but really just how people see if they can hit the rev limit sitting still?

I know my truck has a limiter on it, first time I went to get an emission test the tester tells me to just floor it while sitting static. My response is FU, no way.... Long and short of it, it holds the RPM right at 3 grand, under a load it surpasses that. Guess I could get some good hole shots with it, same with the bike in question....Hang On~  :'(
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Page created in 0.211 seconds with 22 queries.