Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Author Topic: Stock 110 RPM Limit  (Read 13504 times)

icy

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • IA

• CVO1: 06 SE ULTRA
Re: Stock 110 RPM Limit
« Reply #30 on: May 11, 2015, 10:14:18 PM »

Free revving any engine is a good way to knock the top of the cam lobes off not to mention various other things that can go wrong. By free revving any motor there is no load and the motor is spinning up much faster than the tach can keep up with, meaning it could very possibly be higher than the setpoint. The computer sees this and cuts off spark although the tach is still several hundred rpm behind.
If it was easy, everyone would do it!!

snowrider13

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #31 on: May 12, 2015, 05:00:24 PM »

Hold it open longer, with video please!

donvito

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • CA

« Reply #32 on: May 12, 2015, 11:08:17 PM »

Yes I agree, and do the video so we can slow it down and watch the parts flying off the motor when it grenades. ROFLMAO

bakon

• Elite CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited "Wicked"
« Reply #33 on: May 13, 2015, 07:31:33 AM »

For what its worth...hits rev limit in second and third gears or at least comes closer but only have tach to measure.  Guess to be speed sensor limited or as pointed out , it was all to fast to read with tach and sertp. Don't think anything needed to be caught up, with ecm because SERTP was hooked up and two different displays were reading the rpm. Wasn't using tach other than to notice the redline was at 5500. As for shifting and where power comes on...that's idea but ...I started the thread by saying the rev limiter only gets hit by accident, but does get hit on my bikes.  I will have to glue the parts back on that fell off after returning from Myrtle Beach Bike week. Just ran it 650 miles down here after the dangerous 4 second reving in the garage.

Or maybe its the synthetic oil? 
« Last Edit: May 14, 2015, 07:54:23 AM by bakon »
Will
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Page created in 0.137 seconds with 21 queries.