Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Author Topic: Cyl. Head bolt bridge (07 110)  (Read 5240 times)

07 CVO

• Elite CVO Member
  • SCREAMIN EAGLE!! Top of the Food chain!

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE2
Re: Cyl. Head bolt bridge (07 110)
« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2007, 07:15:00 PM »

I have the black head bolt bridge on my 07 SEUC and I left the origional head bolts in place and put the provided head bolt covers on with no problem over the chrome origionals. then place the bridges as stated. there are different front and rear bridges, so look inside the bridge to make sure you are putting the right one on the right head.

No Mods needed

Mark
2007 FLHTCUSE2 Black and Orange
SE A/C, SERT, Samson Caliber True Duels
2006 Honda CBR 1000RR (SOLD)
2008 VW R32 #3719/5000 United Grey
2008 VW GTI

SneakyPete

• 1K CVO Member
  • AKA FGL
    • VA

• CVO1: 2004 SEEG O/B- RIP
    • CVO2: 2009 SERG3 O/B
    • CVO3: 2014 SERK6 O/B
« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2007, 07:15:35 PM »

Maybe I can help.  I have them on my bike and if you look on the backside of each they are marked front and rear.  If you swap them I believe you will have the problem you describe here.
Member Hillbilly Rocket Riders MC, Virginia THE FASTEST CHAPTER!

skippy

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2007, 08:36:07 PM »

I also tryed on my 07 springer but they would not fit. MOTO will be releasing a bunch of new motor parts,covers at the dealer parts show at the end of Jan.07 so my parts mgr. said.

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #747.2 It's all good

• CVO1: '11 FLTRUSE Gray Ghost
    • CVO2: '12 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
« Reply #18 on: January 16, 2007, 10:49:11 PM »

I also tryed on my 07 springer but they would not fit. MOTO will be releasing a bunch of new motor parts,covers at the dealer parts show at the end of Jan.07 so my parts mgr. said.
If you look on the HD website at the CVO accessories, the head bridges are in there.  I bought a set and they fit really nice.  No problems what-so-ever.  
cheers  [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif],
Red

2012 FLHXSE3
Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock

harlez4me

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #19 on: January 16, 2007, 11:59:24 PM »

If you look on the HD website at the CVO accessories, the head bridges are in there.  I bought a set and they fit really nice.  [highlight]No problems what-so-ever[/highlight].  
cheers  [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif],
Red

Red..you bought the chome set or the black ones. It appears the black ones fit, but it looks like I'm not the only one that had problems with the chrome set.
Yes I realize there is a differance from front to rear cylinder.
I was looking at my cylinder heads tonight and the spark plugs on my heads are FOR SURE not center to the head bolts. For example, the rear cylinder plug is off center in toward the rear of the bike.
Perhaps the opening in the finned bridges is larger, allowing the plug boot to still fit. [smiley=confused5.gif]
JD

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #20 on: January 17, 2007, 04:46:25 AM »

Red..you bought the chome set or the black ones. It appears the black ones fit, but it looks like I'm not the only one that had problems with the chrome set.
Yes I realize there is a differance from front to rear cylinder.
I was looking at my cylinder heads tonight and the spark plugs on my heads are FOR SURE not center to the head bolts. For example, the rear cylinder plug is off center in toward the rear of the bike.
Perhaps the opening in the finned bridges is larger, allowing the plug boot to still fit. [smiley=confused5.gif]
JD
I got the black set, because I have the black engine...I didn't know the silver set was different.   [smiley=nixweiss.gif].
cheers [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif],
Red

2012 FLHXSE3

harlez4me

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #21 on: January 17, 2007, 09:05:31 AM »

I got the black set, because I have the black engine...[highlight]I didn't know the silver set was different.[/highlight]   [smiley=nixweiss.gif].
Red

The silver set would be the same as your black. Its the chrome ones in question. The book says not to be used with lowers.(#43858-00)
I'm sure that it is a heat thing. I prefer the look of the chrome ones.
JD

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #22 on: January 17, 2007, 10:26:42 AM »

The silver set would be the same as your black. Its the chrome ones in question. The book says not to be used with lowers.(#43858-00)
I'm sure that it is a heat thing. I prefer the look of the chrome ones.
JD
Sorry about that...I'm going to be a real dumba$$ here and state that I didn't even know there were chrome ones available.  I don't know how much difference chrome ones would be over the powder-coated aluminum ones as far as retaining heat, but they aren't that big that it should be a substantial difference with lowers on. [smiley=nixweiss.gif]
Red

2012 FLHXSE3

harlez4me

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #23 on: January 17, 2007, 10:34:16 AM »

Sorry about that...I'm going to be a real dumba$$ here and state that I didn't even know there were chrome ones available.  [highlight]I don't know how much difference chrome ones would be over the powder-coated aluminum ones as far as retaining heat, but they aren't that big that it should be a substantial difference with lowers on.[/highlight] [smiley=nixweiss.gif]
Red

The chrome ones are not finned...more like a cover. They would hold more heat compared to the finned ones, but my dealer didn't think that it would be a big deal either...IF THEY WOULD FIT. [smiley=confused5.gif]

displacing air

• Elite CVO Member
  • I am glad God answers no sometimes!
« Reply #24 on: January 17, 2007, 10:42:26 AM »

I have the chrome ones on my 06 with the lowers...they look nice. I had the dealer put them on when they were doing some work...no one said a thing about not to use them with lowers...guess I will have to look into this more.
2006 SEUC ...Watermelon Flavor!

harlez4me

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #25 on: January 17, 2007, 11:11:44 AM »

I have the chrome ones on my 06 with the lowers...they look nice. I had the dealer put them on when they were doing some work...[highlight]no one said a thing about not to use them with lowers...guess I will have to look into this more.[/highlight]

I put true duals on my bike, IMHO I think the heat I lost there will be more than what I would gain with those covers. My dealer agreed.

I think the finned ones would actually benefit the heads, I just have the OCD thing goin. ;D
JD

hdfatboy

• Full CVO Member
  • Pain is Mandatory. Misery is Optional.
« Reply #26 on: January 17, 2007, 11:30:07 AM »

The suggestion for avoiding the chrome bridges with bikes that are equipped with lowers is due to decreased air flow over the heads not so much because of increased heat trapped by the bridges which would be negligible. The chrome would be susceptible to peeling off due to the heat.

harlez4me

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #27 on: January 17, 2007, 12:03:30 PM »

The suggestion for avoiding the chrome bridges with bikes that are equipped with lowers is due to decreased air flow over the heads not so much because of increased heat trapped by the bridges which would be negligible. [highlight]The chrome would be susceptible to peeling off due to the heat[/highlight].

I'm not so sure that would be an issue FB. The head bolts are chrome as well as all your exhaust shielding. I would think they would see more heat than these shields. I have had the chrome bridges on a RK for 4 years with no color change let alone peeling. They are fairly hefty covers, not a light gauge tin. They may even be a cast aluminum. I am at work and can't verify that right now.
IMHO I think it is more of an interuption of air flow as well as an intrapment of heat that they are worried about. I'm not so sure they need to be tho. [smiley=confused5.gif]
JD

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #28 on: January 17, 2007, 12:22:10 PM »

I'm not so sure that would be an issue FB. The head bolts are chrome as well as all your exhaust shielding. I would think they would see more heat than these shields. I have had the chrome bridges on a RK for 4 years with no color change let alone peeling. They are fairly hefty covers, not a light gauge tin. They may even be a cast aluminum. I am at work and can't verify that right now.
IMHO I think it is more of an interuption of air flow as well as an intrapment of heat that they are worried about. I'm not so sure they need to be tho. [smiley=confused5.gif]
JD

Agree that it's more a concern of trapping heat around the plug than anything else...guess someone would need to shoot them with a heat gun to see if there was a difference...I've got the finned ones on my bike...

With the vented lowers, probably not as much an issue except stop and go traffic...
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

harlez4me

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #29 on: January 17, 2007, 12:37:12 PM »

I also tryed on my 07 springer but they would not fit. [highlight]MOTO will be releasing a bunch of new motor parts,covers at the dealer parts show at the end of Jan.07 so my parts mgr. said[/highlight].

I think I will wait and see what comes out at the end of the month. I too was informed of this.
Maybe they will make a new bridge that we analyse. ;D
I have snow on the ground, so really not in a big hurry to fill this spot yet.
JD
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Page created in 0.177 seconds with 21 queries.