Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Daymaker Vibration on FLSTSE Softail Convertible Fix  (Read 2809 times)

2010-CVO

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • MA

Daymaker Vibration on FLSTSE Softail Convertible Fix
« on: July 20, 2015, 10:20:05 PM »

Not sure which rider to credit but thank you.   The Vibration Damper P/N 67700059 fix worked for my daymaker headlight vibration.   While the part did not actually fit a Softail Convertible 5 3/4 headlight with some minor trimming and modification to fit the inner bracket it worked.  The light worked great now. Solid steady beam.

I had to cut to slices so the bracket would fit into the rubber piece.   I also had to trim a lot of the rubber off the corners and thin out the lower piece of the rubber by 50%.  Make sure to trim enough off because if you look closely the shape of the headlamp housing will go out shape then the daymaker will not fit properly.   Even with all the trimming the headlamp trim cover piece is still about 3/8th sticking out further than before.  I did use the inner rubber ring that came with the daymaker but that might have added to the tight fit. . Still was kind of confused which way the OEM adaptor ring faced in or out.  I forget which way I flipped it.  The key thing with that ring is to make sure the notch in the ring lines up with the bump notch of the daymake lamp and the other to notch cut outs line up with the headlamp housing.

Here is a pick.  I would buy 2 at $8 in case you cut it up too much.

Desrosiers

• CVO1: 2012 FLSTSE3 Softail Converible
Re: Daymaker Vibration on FLSTSE Softail Convertible Fix
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2016, 08:32:40 PM »

I just did this exact same thing on my FLSTSE3...no problems at all. Just trim the slots for the lower bracket a bit at a time to get it right. All good. :)

Page created in 0.12 seconds with 21 queries.