Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2012 CVO Street Glide Biketronics versus ARC versus 2015 CVO Street Glide  (Read 2773 times)

world.of.wheels

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • SK

Hi all,
I have read numerous posts about updating audio on HD's.  I have a 2012 CVO Street Glide, and am just deciding what to install.  The reason for my upgrade is that I heard a stock 2015 CVO Street glide with the Boom Stage II audio running right.  It was incredibly loud and more over had a very massive amount of base compared to the stock 2012 CVO SG.  That being said, does anyone have any experience comparing Biketronics to the 2015 CVO SG.  I was thinking the BT4180 Amp, The 7.1 Pro Fairing speakers, Titan II lowers, the 6x9 lid speakers and an aftermarket deck.  My goal is to be at least as loud (if not louder) as a 2015 CVO SG, however would like at least the same if not more amount of bass.  Lots of the feedback I hear is that the Biketronics is extremely loud, however no one has really commented on bass response.  How does the Arc Amp / Focal fit system in (would rather not spend the extra money on that system).  The 2015 CVO sounds fantastic.  Even on YouTube (which you cannot really get a feel for the stereo sound), there are no videos that show a BT system or an Arc system that contains the same amount of base that a 2015 CVO has.  Please send me your knowledge or any other items to consider so I can make a decision if I should upgrade.  If I can't get my audio to at least be as loud and have as much bass as a 2015 CVO SG, I will not upgrade.

Jswerve

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3
Re: 2012 CVO Street Glide Biketronics versus ARC versus 2015 CVO Street Glide
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2015, 12:39:36 PM »

Funny because I have a stock 400 watt, 8 speaker setup on my '12 CVO SG and my wife and I find it more than satisfactory. Matter of fact we find ourselves turning it down on long trips often.

2012 FLHXSE3 Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
|Color Matched Detachable Tour Pak | Fuelmoto PV | Dragos 580 cams | Dragula 2-1/Ghost Pipe | Cyclesmith 13's | Sachs heads | Yaffe Stealth III License Plate Frame| Long Angled High

world.of.wheels

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • SK

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2015, 12:57:37 PM »

Don't listen to a 2015 CVO SG stereo that has all the factory updates......if you "love" sound in a serious way, it will certainly make you want one.  That's the difference.  My 2012 sounds like a basic stereo compared to the 2015.

Jswerve

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2015, 03:46:46 PM »

Don't listen to a 2015 CVO SG stereo that has all the factory updates......if you "love" sound in a serious way, it will certainly make you want one.  That's the difference.  My 2012 sounds like a basic stereo compared to the 2015.

I'm good over here. Not even in my top 10 of things I would upgrade. To each his own if it bothers you, go for it.

I find your first post a bit suspicious anyway. Looks like a plug for biketronics which, personally, I wouldn't purchase any how. IF I wanted to upgrade I would go focal and arc.

Good day sir.

2012 FLHXSE3 Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
|Color Matched Detachable Tour Pak | Fuelmoto PV | Dragos 580 cams | Dragula 2-1/Ghost Pipe | Cyclesmith 13's | Sachs heads | Yaffe Stealth III License Plate Frame| Long Angled High

world.of.wheels

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • SK

« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2015, 03:59:02 PM »

No plug for anything.  Looks like I will have a mixed bag when I am done....so far it appears I am going to use a Soundstream 4.1000 amp, a Cerwin Vega B2, BT7.1 Pro in the fairing and 6x9's in the lids, and Arc Moto 602 in the lowers.  A Kenwood 998 will run the system.  That is my plan so far.....

DALE#3

• SOFTAIL UPDATE
  • Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • MA

« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2015, 05:27:26 PM »

Thought about upgrading just to gain navigation in the dash.Liking the clean look.But i believe the first step might be using the jigsaw or facsimile to trim dash and gauges.Could get very pricey.Sure it's not just a plug-in.

« Last Edit: September 21, 2015, 08:12:37 AM by DALE#3 »

SDCVO

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • 19 CVO RG-12 CVO RG
    • CA

• CVO1: 2019 Mako Shark Roadglide
    • CVO2: 2012 Maple Roadglide
    • CVO3: 2019 BMW K1600 Grand America
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2015, 11:00:31 PM »

I have a 12 Roadglide and just installed Arc Audio 600 series amps with Focal KRX2 speakers in the fairing and PC 710 7X10's in the saddlebags (my guy made a super clean adaptor that looks completely stock) with a Kenwood KDC-X998 head unit. Already had everything except changed the Arc amps to 600.4's from 125.4's that were in there. My bike is crazy loud with a 124 motor, D&D Boarzilla pipes and I wear a full face helmet so it is very difficult to clearly hear the stereo but now it is amazing. I can now even hear the rear speakers on the freeway (which I could not do before I switched out the amps) very clearly. All this stuff certainly isn't cheap but it all comes down to how important it is to you. For me it is huge. I didn't start out with all of it but I have a great stereo guy that kept letting me upgrade and charging me the difference so though it took a lot of the pain out as i went and over time I would upgrade I would love the difference and always be fired up about the sound. It is so clear now I can actually listen to a football or baseball game while I am riding and catch every word..
Good luck with the project!
Alan

Page created in 0.171 seconds with 21 queries.