Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3  All

Author Topic: NEW LEGENDS AXEO MONO TUBES  (Read 12846 times)

YELLOWBIRD

• Elite CVO Member
    • VA

• CVO1: 2009 CVO ROADGLIDE
NEW LEGENDS AXEO MONO TUBES
« on: January 13, 2016, 08:52:33 AM »

This spring I am planning on upgrading my front Forks with some Mono tubes. I currently have some Ohlins 2-2A on the rear.

Ohlins have a nice set of aftermarket replacements via Howard in South Florida, however they are expensive ($1200.00ish) and have nothing but great results.

Progressive have some, and are the lower end. The jury is still out on the some what new HD ones. I know there are other brands out there like Racetech, Etc. Etc.
X
Legends suspension just came out with their "AXEO" Mono tubes for $750.00 and actually has two mono tubes, one for each side. Billet made and the reviews are really good put not a lot of reviews so far.

I already did a search and not a lot of info on these new Legends.

These "AXEO" look really good, built right and I would say they are reasonable priced. Btw, I found them for $660.00 shipped from Iron Ace Speed Shop which has the best price.

Chime in with your thoughts and experiences.

TIA.

YB

2009 SCREAMIN' EAGLE CVO ROAD GLIDE FLTRSE3 117" PRO RACE
(1 OF ONLY 369 US) "LAST YEAR OF THE HAND BUILT"

YELLOWBIRD

• Elite CVO Member
    • VA

Re: NEW LEGENDS AXEO MONO TUBES
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2016, 07:49:02 PM »

Lots of look & see, but no speak.  :nixweiss:

I know I'm not the only one who has a stock front end that's looking to upgrade.

YB

FLSTFI Dave

• IBA 69147
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
    • CVO2: 2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
    • CVO3: 2003 Fatboy, 95"quot, S&ampS 570 gear drive cam
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2016, 08:00:58 PM »

On the 09 SERG I had I upgraded the front with stock high progressive mono tubes, they were better than stock.  I also have them on my Fatboy.

On my wife's 13 Street glide we did the Harley performance front suspension, about the same as Mono tubes by progressive.

I have been debating doing the front end on my 13 SERK.  This bike will not be traded.  So I am really thinking about doing the Ohlins up front.  Main reason is, by the time you spend the labor, I want want to do something better than the progressive.

I love the rear Ohlin HD-159 shock on my SERGU
2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
2019 FLTRXSE Red Pepper / Magnetic Gray Traded
2018 FLTRXSE Gunship Gray  Traded
2017 FLHXSE  Starfire Black / Atomic Red  Traded
2015 FLTRUSE Abyss Blue / Crushed Saphire Traded
2013 FLHRSE5 Diamond Dust 117  Traded
2012 FLTRXSE White Gold Pearl / Starfire Black  Traded
2009 FLTRSE3 Silver/Titanium  Traded
2003 Fatboy, real fire paint set,

Mr. Warlock

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited - unnamed
    • CVO2: 2011 Softail Convertable "Bourbon Betty" - Traded
    • CVO3: 2005 SE FatBoy - Sold
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2016, 06:26:09 AM »

IMO, if you want the front to be anywhere comparable to the rears you have to go with the Ohlins. I know it's expensive but the monotubes just don't do more than a small improvement to a crap system. (a painted turd is still just a turd but shiny)
I have the newest Harley monos on mine and they suck. But, it doesn't really show it's ugly face until the rear is made correct and then it becomes really obvious just how bad the front is, REALLY bad.

I have a hand made air system on mine and the rear is like riding on a dream but still dodging anything in the road because of the front.
Lived hard and fast, laughed harder than humans have a right to and continue to do so.

YELLOWBIRD

• Elite CVO Member
    • VA

« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2016, 07:15:10 AM »

Thanks for the replies Guys!

I guess I really didn't make it clear in the first post. I'm really interested in the new Legends AXEO Mono Tubes.

Not much known about them yet. I believe that a member here "Scott" has them installed. I know Ohlins are the best out, but again I don't want to spend $1200.00.

My 09' Roadie I do plan on keeping forever, that why I am inquiring about the Legends AXEO Mono tubes.

They are not the bottom of the barrel pricing, nor are they at the top of the price range. Pretty much in the middle.

Legends suspension had a YouTube video regarding these, but. Am looking for real world experience.

YB

scottt

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2016, 08:14:46 PM »

Thanks for the replies Guys!

I guess I really didn't make it clear in the first post. I'm really interested in the new Legends AXEO Mono Tubes.

Not much known about them yet. I believe that a member here "Scott" has them installed. I know Ohlins are the best out, but again I don't want to spend $1200.00.

My 09' Roadie I do plan on keeping forever, that why I am inquiring about the Legends AXEO Mono tubes.

They are not the bottom of the barrel pricing, nor are they at the top of the price range. Pretty much in the middle.

Legends suspension had a YouTube video regarding these, but. Am looking for real world experience.

YB

As I have said before; The Legend AXEO front end is awesome! I learned about the new Legend suspension from my HD parts manager. He is as close to being a friend of mine as anyone and hard to impress. Legend brought him a demo bike this past summer, he took the bike for several hours, rode the bike on some of the roughest roads in our area, rode the bike harder than I ever would, jumped curbs etc. ( he is a young guy ) he told me that he was amazed and that he now recommends the Legend AXEO front end kit along with REVO shocks for the rear end to all his customers that can afford them. His recommendation was good enough for me, he was right. I have not seen a singe review from anyone that has installed this setup that has not been happy, not one.

Do I believe the Ohlin setup is better? I do, I believe the great reviews from those that have Ohlin's. I just question how much better and if a regular guy that does not push his bike could really tell a big difference. I wanted a product that worked real well, delivered 1. Comfort 2. Control 3. handling, was made for my bike and could be adjusted to my weight, fit my budget and made in America if at all possible, backed with a long warranty.

Without question; the Legend suspension is made for our bikes and installs as easy as any product available. The rear shocks have extended coil length designed for a plush ride with control. I can attest, it works. They have spherical bearings on both ends making the install straight forward. The AXEO front end kit includes 2 mono-tube cartridges that really do change your bikes front end in a big way. Designed for easy installation. Legend claims a professional can install in 1.5 to 2.0 hours. My HD dealership installed for me and charged 2.5 hours, front and back.

I'm sure you can tell that I'm a convert. Good luck with your decision, let us know your direction along with your review once installed.

Scottt

SmokeyJoe

• 2012 RGC CVO
  • Elite CVO Member
    • MS

• CVO1: 2012 Road Glide
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2016, 08:40:15 PM »

If I did not have so much into my Ohlins up front I would change them out today.  I do not think they ride much better than stock.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2016, 08:41:49 PM by SmokeyJoe »
FuelMotos exhaust and tuning, Ohlins Front/Rear

YELLOWBIRD

• Elite CVO Member
    • VA

« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2016, 09:31:10 PM »

As I have said before; The Legend AXEO front end is awesome! I learned about the new Legend suspension from my HD parts manager. He is as close to being a friend of mine as anyone and hard to impress. Legend brought him a demo bike this past summer, he took the bike for several hours, rode the bike on some of the roughest roads in our area, rode the bike harder than I ever would, jumped curbs etc. ( he is a young guy ) he told me that he was amazed and that he now recommends the Legend AXEO front end kit along with REVO shocks for the rear end to all his customers that can afford them. His recommendation was good enough for me, he was right. I have not seen a singe review from anyone that has installed this setup that has not been happy, not one.

Do I believe the Ohlin setup is better? I do, I believe the great reviews from those that have Ohlin's. I just question how much better and if a regular guy that does not push his bike could really tell a big difference. I wanted a product that worked real well, delivered 1. Comfort 2. Control 3. handling, was made for my bike and could be adjusted to my weight, fit my budget and made in America if at all possible, backed with a long warranty.

Without question; the Legend suspension is made for our bikes and installs as easy as any product available. The rear shocks have extended coil length designed for a plush ride with control. I can attest, it works. They have spherical bearings on both ends making the install straight forward. The AXEO front end kit includes 2 mono-tube cartridges that really do change your bikes front end in a big way. Designed for easy installation. Legend claims a professional can install in 1.5 to 2.0 hours. My HD dealership installed for me and charged 2.5 hours, front and back.

I'm sure you can tell that I'm a convert. Good luck with your decision, let us know your direction along with your review once installed.

Scottt

Scottt,

Thank you so much for your reply!

I should of just hit you with a pm.

It looks like this is the route I will be going this spring before rising season starts in full swing.

Even though I ride year round, I am starting to collect a bunch of items for my upgrades. Also, since I have around 44k miles (+/-) and should be around 50k miles come then.

At that time, I have to get my fork oil changed and add some Hertz HCX 165 speakers and a couple of amps under the hood all at the same time.

This is the main season I am waiting till then.

:2vrolijk_21:

YB

BobnGlyde

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • VA

« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2016, 12:15:12 AM »

Scottt

Scottt...I'm unclear here. The Legend Suspension Tour centered on the Revo-A shock for the rear. I did not see anywhere, in any testimonies, a mention of the AXEO. Did your parts manager friend actually ride the AXEO? Have you ridden the AXEO? Can you tell us why you believe Ohlins is better, other than you have read great reviews? Thanks!

scottt

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2016, 09:17:51 AM »

Scottt...I'm unclear here. The Legend Suspension Tour centered on the Revo-A shock for the rear. I did not see anywhere, in any testimonies, a mention of the AXEO. Did your parts manager friend actually ride the AXEO? Have you ridden the AXEO? Can you tell us why you believe Ohlins is better, other than you have read great reviews? Thanks!

Yes; I had the Legend AXEO front end kit installed on my 14 Limited along with Legend Revo shocks. The demo bike Legend provided to my local HD dealers parts manager was equipped with the AXEO front end and Legend Revo A shocks.

I have based my judgement of the Ohlin front end set up along with Ohlin shocks on testimonials. Have not riden a bike with Ohlins.

What I do know for sure is how well the Legend AXEO front end along with Legend Revo shocks perform. My 14 Limited feels like a different motorcycle. So much smoother, firmer, more comfortable. If Harley installed this suspension new they would sell more bikes.

kcbike

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2016, 01:24:44 PM »

I have axeo front and revo a rear on back . they ride great on 2012 fltrxse . never bottomed out yet. I have about 10k on them and am very happy

North Star

• CANADA- Love it or Leave it
  • 1K CVO Member
    • ON

• CVO1: 2009 CVO Road Glide- Orange/Black
    • CVO2: 2015 Ducati Monter 821- Star White
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2016, 03:14:05 PM »

I'm sure you know with Howard's forum discount, you would be paying a couple hundred less than $1,200.
2009 Screamin' Eagle Road Glide- Electric Orange/Vivid Black
GMR 113", GMR 600 cams, Fullac DX & Kuryakyn Crushers, SE Heavy Breather, tuned by "Dyno Dave" Stoddart
Jagg 10 row fan assisted oil cooler
Axeo Legends/Ohlins 3-3/True Track front and rear
C&C Fastback seat w/orange flame stitching & a Le Pera Maverick
PYO Monkey Bars- 10"
Freedom Shields 12" light grey
Hawg Wired "six pack"amp/speakers, Iron Cross ipod interface
HD Daymaker headlights
Detachable King Tour Pak in Electric Orange

ltank

• 1K CVO Member
    • LA

• CVO1: 2000 FXR4 S&S V111, CustomS.S. 2-1 exhaust, Primo-Rivera OD 6 speed, 49mm Custom Front End Ohlins 30mm Fork cartridges , Hyperpro Shocks, Barnett Scorpian Clutch
    • CVO2: 1983 88" Shovelhead Won the World of Wheels 1985 Sept 85 Issue of Hot Bike Mag
    • CVO3: 1989 FXRS, 1990 Custom 100" Shovelhead/ EVO
« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2016, 04:23:47 PM »

I have been a member on this wonderful site for several years.
I have a 49mm front end at Howard 's right now. He got them Yesterday.  How do I apply for a discount?  Maybe u can use the discount to pay for my return shipping.  I was not aware of discounts.
Thank

North Star

• CANADA- Love it or Leave it
  • 1K CVO Member
    • ON

• CVO1: 2009 CVO Road Glide- Orange/Black
    • CVO2: 2015 Ducati Monter 821- Star White
« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2016, 05:23:53 PM »

Not sure if its too late, but tell him your an HD forum member. Not sure if hr does discounts for this forum. If youre not, sign up over there and he wants you to post a review of his product.
2009 Screamin' Eagle Road Glide- Electric Orange/Vivid Black
GMR 113", GMR 600 cams, Fullac DX & Kuryakyn Crushers, SE Heavy Breather, tuned by "Dyno Dave" Stoddart
Jagg 10 row fan assisted oil cooler
Axeo Legends/Ohlins 3-3/True Track front and rear
C&C Fastback seat w/orange flame stitching & a Le Pera Maverick
PYO Monkey Bars- 10"
Freedom Shields 12" light grey
Hawg Wired "six pack"amp/speakers, Iron Cross ipod interface
HD Daymaker headlights
Detachable King Tour Pak in Electric Orange

Gnarl78

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2008 FLHTCUSE3
    • CVO2: 2005 VRSCSE
« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2016, 12:38:39 PM »

I have Monotones on now. Are the AXEO's a noticeable step better?
'08 FLHTCUSE3
'05 VRSCSE
'03 FXDL
IBA#58965
Pages: [1] 2 3  All

Page created in 0.224 seconds with 21 queries.