Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [All]

Author Topic: Clearview Windshield With Vent?  (Read 13957 times)

Dan_Lockwood

• 1K CVO Member
Clearview Windshield With Vent?
« on: February 24, 2016, 08:28:16 PM »

I'm checking into ANOTHER new windshield and I've heard good things about the Clearview windshields.

I believe they are thicker than stock and others, that would be nice.

I just got a new seat from Corbin, ordered from Sturgis show.  It has a 1" bump up for the BSR, but due to the design of the front saddle, it also bumped me up 1" exactly.  They say they can do a one time adjustment to it, but hey, I need a new windshield anyway.

I have a Cee Bailey's 15" now.  When I measure it the same as the Clearview recommendation, from the top of the speed/tach cluster to the top of the windshield, it measures 13".  Even with my stock CVO seat, I felt it was about an inch too low.

Clearview has a "large" which measures 15" speedo/tach to top of windshield.  This is a good 2" taller than what I have now.  This is what I'm leaning towards.

My main question is this, they offer an adjustable vent that goes in horizontally just above the top of the fairing.  I remember years ago on my Vetter fairings with the round pop out vents and how well they worked, I was wondering if anyone here has tried their windshield with the vent.

Any Clearview windshields with vents in use?

Thanks for the replies in advance.
Dan

2009 SERG Orange / Black
Board Track Racer Project, Ultima 113"/6spd
2021 Coleman UT400 Side By Side

TN

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • SC

• CVO1: FLTRSE3
Re: Clearview Windshield With Vent?
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2016, 09:20:34 PM »

Dan, I can't comment about vented windshields but I have clearviews on both of my TR's. My 08 TR has a medium gt light tint and it works fine. My CVO has standard (not sure of how it is designated by clearview) but it's more upright, not as laid back as the GT. I hope that's clear to you. They made the height for my CVO by my requested measurement and I don't remember the exact height. It's definitely shorter than the gt and in no way obstructs my line of sight while still having great wind protection. I called and spoke with them directly when I was going through the process of finding one to my liking. I do have a good selection of windscreens in my collection and these work great for my needs. Seat height and other variables come in to play, for instance I choose to use lowers year around on my bikes. BTW I'm 6' with a 33" inseam, I think I'm shrinking some. :nixweiss:

Good luck on finding one that works for you. My 08 has a HD heated touring seat while my CVO has a corbin solo with a small pillion.
Calling and speaking with John with clearview helped me out to decide on choice.

TN
Wut the hell was that maneuver

Dan_Lockwood

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2016, 01:54:50 PM »

TN,

Thanks for the reply. 

Yes, I understand the laid back versus more upright.  I have a Klock Werks (spelling?) 12" that did a better job than the deflector that came on it, but not much better.  I ran with a stock '09 RG windshield for quite a bit and that was a bet better yet.  I now have the Cee Bailey 15", but theirs measured up the front and is only 13" off the speedo/tach housing.  I'm thinking that a 15", Clearview's large, would be a good fit.  I'll give John a call when I get ready to order.  First though I want to get the bike out on the street and setup his 50' mark and see where that falls in my line of sight.  I know with my Cee Bailey 15", I'm borderline too short and then I added the 1" up on the seat.

I'll mock up a piece of cardboard to the 15" Clearview height and see how the 50' mark is over the top.

Did you find the thickness of the Clearview to be a bit thicker than all the other windshields out there?  They say they're thicker, just wondering from someone that has one or two.

Thanks again.
Dan

2009 SERG Orange / Black

VaEagle

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • VA

• CVO1: 06 FLHTCUSE Autumn Haze -SOLD
    • CVO2: 09 FLTRSE3 Orange- sold
    • CVO3: Who knows what?
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2016, 02:23:41 PM »

I don't know the exact measurement in thickness but my Clearview shields (one on my 2006 and on my 2009) both were thicker then stock and very optically clear even with a slight tint.

TN

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • SC

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2016, 05:50:23 PM »

I took a quick measurement today the gt is 5mm my standard is 4mm thick. They are quite sturdy, both are rock solid 100mph ++

They have been on the bikes for 7+ years and I 'm not looking to replace anytime soon. Again the gentleman at clearview was more than helpful in assisting me. They use to give a cvo forum discount, ya got to ask.

TN

grandpadoc

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2000 SERG
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2016, 11:22:22 AM »

Here are some pics. I've had mine for a few years now and couldn't be happier. No more helmet buffeting, and don't have to wear ear plugs anymore. Looks great following the lines on the fairing.

grandpadoc

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2016, 11:23:08 AM »

GDavidHughes

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • FL

« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2016, 09:00:58 PM »

I've been buying Clearview sense 2007. I even had them custom cut some lowers for my Vulcan. Great company and great products. First thing I ordered for my 2016 FLHTKSE was a dark tint with the turn up the same height as OEM shield. It is WAY better that the OEM.

Dan_Lockwood

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2016, 09:03:18 AM »

David, you say you have the dark tint.  Can you see through it very well if you have to, especially at night?

I'm leaning towards the light tint, but on my O/B '09 SERG, I think the dark tint would look better.  Just not sure if I have to look through it in an emergency if I need to.

Thanks to all for the replies, greatly appreciated.
Dan

2009 SERG Orange / Black

BigLew

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2016, 05:17:36 PM »

Dan I really like my Bagger Shield. Check them out. Its a 2 piece lower piece is dark tint like the stock shield. When I'm just riding around I leave the top portion down. Riding long distance highway take 2 minutes and put t up. Looks good on the 09.

BigLew

GDavidHughes

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • FL

« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2016, 12:29:00 AM »

David, you say you have the dark tint.  Can you see through it very well if you have to, especially at night?

I'm leaning towards the light tint, but on my O/B '09 SERG, I think the dark tint would look better.  Just not sure if I have to look through it in an emergency if I need to.

Thanks to all for the replies, greatly appreciated.
It's like a pair of dark sunglasses. Yes you can see through it. There should be pictures on their web sight. Maybe you can tell more from this picture from a couple days ago.

MrSurly

• Formidable Faux
  • Elite CVO Member
    • TX

Clearview Windshield With Vent?
« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2016, 11:22:57 PM »

ClearView's website is a joke.
I tried and tried to make sense of what I was reading there.
Yes, I know I could've called, but the page was so frustrating that I actually emailed them a screenshot of their page that I had added circles and arrows to, asking what the heck does this mean... What is this system, what are "sport" "med" and all these things supposed to mean?
Of course, they responded with: "call us"
But  I won't. I'll just buy someone else's product.
I find lousy confusing pages and instructions to be a turn-off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: March 07, 2016, 11:24:58 PM by MrSurly »
Rhetorical questions, who needs 'em?

2010FLHTCUSE5
Dethroned Garage Queen, Sullied 2013

ultrarider123

« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2016, 07:34:22 AM »

Hey Dan, I just ordered the medium height, light tint GT with no vent for the '15 SERGU.  I did speak with John via email and yes, we still receive a discount on their site (HDFORUM is the discount code) for 10% off.  I love my Freedom shield on there now but I'm looking for a bit more side wind protection.  Vickie has stated she's getting more side air on this bike than she did on the '12 SESG and the Clear View looks to be a good option to reduce it.  I'm not looking for complete air free (we are on bikes) but reduced buffeting is a plus from both the top and sides.

Looks like manufacture and ship time puts it 10-15 days out to receive the windshield.  I know MrSurly noted that the website was a joke but I found it very easy to use.  I did attempt to use the discount code and it would not accept it.  An email to John and 5 minutes later, a response, a thank you for pointing it out (it wasn't active on this new shield) and it worked fine.

Dan, I'll post comments here or on a new thread once I've had the shield on and some miles on it.

Dan_Lockwood

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2016, 10:47:32 AM »

Hey Dan, I just ordered the medium height, light tint GT with no vent for the '15 SERGU.  I did speak with John via email and yes, we still receive a discount on their site (HDFORUM is the discount code) for 10% off.  I love my Freedom shield on there now but I'm looking for a bit more side wind protection.  Vickie has stated she's getting more side air on this bike than she did on the '12 SESG and the Clear View looks to be a good option to reduce it.  I'm not looking for complete air free (we are on bikes) but reduced buffeting is a plus from both the top and sides.

Looks like manufacture and ship time puts it 10-15 days out to receive the windshield.  I know MrSurly noted that the website was a joke but I found it very easy to use.  I did attempt to use the discount code and it would not accept it.  An email to John and 5 minutes later, a response, a thank you for pointing it out (it wasn't active on this new shield) and it worked fine.

Dan, I'll post comments here or on a new thread once I've had the shield on and some miles on it.

Thanks...

I'm very close to giving John a call and ordering my new windshield, but procrastination has sat in and I've stalled. :(

I think the dark tint would look great on my SERG O/B, but at the height I think I need, it may be a bit difficult seeing through it if I actually had to.  Light tint may be the best.

I'm looking at their Large at 15".  My Cee Bailey's measures around 12.5" at the same measuring points.  I know my new Corbin seat puts me 1" up as measured in my garage.  I also know that my Cee Bailey's was too short for me with the stock CVO seat.  If I ducked my head an inch or so the head buffeting went away.  I think I can still see over with the Large, so that may be the answer for me.

If you go to their site and look under '04-'13, they list them mostly as GT's, but they do not explain what that is.  If you go to the '15-'16 RG page, they have pictures of the GT and explain how they are wider a bit for more side coverage etc.  But in my case until right now, I went only to my year page and knew nothing of the GT meaning.  That may be a bit confusing, but I will call them to order, so I'm sure that would have been explained as well as I could give him some background on what I have now and why I want to change.

Give us some pictures of your windshield and a ride report.

I want to have a new windshield before I do the NMITM Pre-Drink ride in May.

Good luck with your new purchase.   :2vrolijk_21:  :2vrolijk_21:  :2vrolijk_21:
Dan

2009 SERG Orange / Black

grandpadoc

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #14 on: March 08, 2016, 11:14:20 AM »

Ask them if they are going to be at a event close to you and they will let you try their demo shields. I tried three before making up my mind. They removed, installed and gave me a great deal on a new shield. I got the "standard height" in clear, the dark would be a problem at night for obstacles like curbs and driveways. The see through wider height with a recurve was a mess, but didn't have a chance to try it without the recurve.
Like the said the standard height made a huge difference to my riding...no more ear plugs, helmet buffeting and most important to me no more wind burn.

Dan_Lockwood

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2016, 03:00:35 PM »

Well, I ordered my Clearview Shield early last week.  Light tint but without the vent.

I should have it in another week or so.

I went with the GT-Large which is 15" tall from the cluster pod up to the top of the windshield.  My current Cee Bailey's is 13.5" and it's too short by about 1" to 1.5".  My new seat puts me up about 1" higher than before so that's why I did the GT-Large.

Apparently if you don't take off the shipping film, you can try it and return for an exchange is it's not right.

I'll report back when I have it installed.

Thanks again for all the input.

Have a great week.
Dan

2009 SERG Orange / Black

ultrarider123

« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2016, 03:28:03 PM »

Hey Dan, I hope you aren't in a big hurry.  They do say 10-15 days before shipping but I ordered mine on March 7th and didn't hear a peep from them.  On Friday, March 18th, I sent a very nice email inquiring on my new windshield.  On Monday the 21st, I received a note that they were beginning work on my windshield.  Got a note on the 25th that it was completed, it passed inspection and was shipping.  I received a note on the 28th that it actually shipped.  I received it on the 30th so 23 days from order to receipt.  If I had really been in a hurry for this, I may have been a bit more bothersome to them.  Still, it was longer than I expected.

The shield itself was great.  Yes, it's covered on both sides with the protective sheeting.  There are numerous signs stating do not remove until you fit it to the bike.  I've had it on for 600 miles now and I can tell a world of side wind difference.  The pocket behind the shield is much nicer than what I already considered very good on my Freedom shield.  I miss the polished edges with the Freedom but so far I'm very happy with the investment of the Clearview.

« Last Edit: April 12, 2016, 03:12:09 PM by Haird »

Dan_Lockwood

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2016, 02:28:41 PM »

Hey Dan, I hope you aren't in a big hurry.  They do say 10-15 days before shipping but I ordered mine on March 7th and didn't hear a peep from them.  On Friday, March 18th, I sent a very nice email inquiring on my new windshield.  On Monday the 21st, I received a note that they were beginning work on my windshield.  Got a note on the 25th that it was completed, it passed inspection and was shipping.  I received a note on the 28th that it actually shipped.  I received it on the 27th so 20 days.  If I had really been in a hurry for this, I may have been a bit more bothersome to them.  Still, it was longer than I expected.

The shield itself was great.  Yes, it's covered on both sides with the protective sheeting.  There are numerous signs stating do not remove until you fit it to the bike.  I've had it on for 600 miles now and I can tell a world of side wind difference.  The pocket behind the shield is much nicer than what I already considered very good on my Freedom shield.  I miss the polished edges with the Freedom but so far I'm very happy with the investment of the Clearview.

saddle view:

Thanks for the heads up.

They do seem to be very busy or just poor at responding period.  I've called several times and always they have to call me back.  I've sent a couple e-mails and they only called me back because I left a voice message on their general mail box.

I hope I ordered the right one.  I know that I was about 1.5" too tall for the Cee Baileys and now my new Corbin sits me about 1" taller yet.  That was a bummer...  So my Cee Baileys measured 12.5" on their measurements from the cluster pod to the top of the shield.  They GT-Large is 15" so I "should" be good with the new height and a bit more side and recurve to the top edge.

I should be okay for the Pre-Ride in Eureka even if it does take a bit longer.

I also bought a set of HD premium 12" shocks from a CVO guy, so maybe I'll have a smooth bike ride with a smooth air flow.  I can always dream, right???

Thanks again.
Dan

2009 SERG Orange / Black

ultrarider123

« Reply #18 on: April 12, 2016, 03:05:15 PM »

Your welcome.  I found a couple pictures.  One from the side of the '15 and one from the saddle.

Here's the one from the side:

ultrarider123

« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2016, 03:09:05 PM »

And the one from the saddle.  I did purchase the medium which at my 5' 6" height was just fine.  I can look over or duck behind with little to no effort with either option.  I prefer to look just over the top and with either the Freedom that was on it or this Clearview, looking over and through are just fine.  Both are VERY clear shields with little to no distortion no matter where you look through.

Also, I got the dates wrong on my ordering post (it's corrected now) but I received the shield on March 30th which was actually 23 days after I placed the order.  Again, I'm happy with the product, just not the communications.  Looks like you had some of the same issues, Dan.  I will say that Freedom shield had much faster responses and quicker order to receiving times.  My plan was to sell the Freedom shield but I'm thinking I may keep it as a back-up.

As for the premium 12" shocks, U will Luv 'em over the stock air shocks.

With the new shocks and windshield, you will think it's a new bike..... ;D

Have a great, safe day.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2016, 03:14:18 PM by Haird »

Road Dad

• Senior CVO Member
    • MI

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited - 117 CU
« Reply #20 on: April 12, 2016, 09:19:22 PM »

I bought three windshields from them for three different bikes the last couple of years. I did not have a problem with their website. Ordered all three without a call.

Quick delivery and a great product.

And it's a $100 product so it's not like it's a life and death decision. If you don't like it, toss it and buy another one from someone else.

sadunbar

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM # Stealth - SSBS # 1.1 - SoA # Z&E2525 .01%
    • IL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2000 FXR4
« Reply #21 on: April 13, 2016, 11:33:12 AM »

I have tried both the light and dark tint Clearview windshield.  If your windshield is tall enough that you need to look thru it, the dark tint is too dark for night riding, at least to my experience.  I like my windshield height so I barely look over the top of it, but can duck down and look thru it in inclement weather.  Riding thru the Rockies guarantees rain at least once a day!  The light tint is perfect for me.  I have tried a few brands of windshield and prefer Clearview over any other brand..   :2vrolijk_21:
2007 Screamin Eagle Ultra Classic - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice
Screamin Eagle 120r
Revolution Performance EMS
Fuel Moto Jackpot headpipes and 4.5" Pro Touring Mufflers
HPI 55mm Throttle Body w/5.3 injectors
BDL clutch w/VPC92T
Traxxion AK-20
Legend Air Suspension
Brembo Brake Calipers/Rotors
Garmin Zumo
575 Chubby's
Bushtec Quantum

Dan_Lockwood

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #22 on: April 13, 2016, 12:44:12 PM »

I have tried both the light and dark tint Clearview windshield.  If your windshield is tall enough that you need to look thru it, the dark tint is too dark for night riding, at least to my experience.  I like my windshield height so I barely look over the top of it, but can duck down and look thru it in inclement weather.  Riding thru the Rockies guarantees rain at least once a day!  The light tint is perfect for me.  I have tried a few brands of windshield and prefer Clearview over any other brand..   :2vrolijk_21:

Thanks for the information.

I was thinking that my new GT-Large will be on the high side, but I should still be able to look over it.  I think the light tint will good for me too.
Dan

2009 SERG Orange / Black

Dan_Lockwood

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #23 on: April 13, 2016, 12:48:26 PM »

I bought three windshields from them for three different bikes the last couple of years. I did not have a problem with their website. Ordered all three without a call.

Quick delivery and a great product.

And it's a $100 product so it's not like it's a life and death decision. If you don't like it, toss it and buy another one from someone else.

For a batwing, the shields may be cheaper, but for mine with shipping and discount, it's pushing $225.  That's a bit more than I like to toss in the attic.  This will be my fifth windshield for this bike.  Hopefully this one fits my needs and I'm through with buying windshields.

Shark instead Batwing has it's own issues and windshields are number 1.

Thanks for the input though.
Dan

2009 SERG Orange / Black

Road Dad

• Senior CVO Member
    • MI

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited - 117 CU
« Reply #24 on: April 13, 2016, 05:17:53 PM »

Crap! That is a big difference. Mine where around $100 or so shipped and all.

For a batwing, the shields may be cheaper, but for mine with shipping and discount, it's pushing $225.  That's a bit more than I like to toss in the attic.  This will be my fifth windshield for this bike.  Hopefully this one fits my needs and I'm through with buying windshields.

Shark instead Batwing has it's own issues and windshields are number 1.

Thanks for the input though.

Cvostu

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 Whiskey Neat road glide custom
    • CVO2: 2019 Mako Shark Fade road glide custom
« Reply #25 on: April 13, 2016, 09:50:54 PM »

I went with Windvest. . The 14" recurve works the best for me. .  I just got it and I couldn't be happier. . I've tried most of them.  This is the best by far. .no buffering at all. .  And handy any wind at all. .  . .  Just saying. .  Stuart. . . 

Dan_Lockwood

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #26 on: April 14, 2016, 10:23:21 AM »

I went with Windvest. . The 14" recurve works the best for me. .  I just got it and I couldn't be happier. . I've tried most of them.  This is the best by far. .no buffering at all. .  And handy any wind at all. .  . .  Just saying. .  Stuart. . .

Stuart, good morning...

If the Clearview doesn't work out, I'll give Windvest a try.  I know others that have their windshields on bikes without fairings and they like them a lot.
Dan

2009 SERG Orange / Black

Dan_Lockwood

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #27 on: May 03, 2016, 10:45:26 PM »

Well, it's like this... It's now May the 3rd and I don't have the Clearview shield yet.  I got the Stage 1 and Stage 2 e-mails.  They said it was going into the final inspection and covering stage.  That was well over a week ago.

I sent them an e-mail on Saturday about the progress and I've not heard a word from them.

I guess at this point I'll just hang on and see what happens.  I couldn't install it this week anyway as I'm stuck again in "beautiful" Pineville LA.  This is my second week down here.  I've been here over the years many times to one of our better customers, but it's just a dead place to be.  Sorry if anyone on here is from Pineville, but I'll be glad to get back to the great St. Louis MO area.

I'll update you all one when (IF) I get my new windshield.

Thanks for the warnings though.
Dan

2009 SERG Orange / Black

TN

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • SC

« Reply #28 on: May 05, 2016, 07:42:44 AM »

either they're swamped or there down to a one man show  :nixweiss: last time I dealt with clearview was nine years ago and my custom size was in my hands within thirty days. Dan I hope this is as bad as it gets for you and your shield shows up soon.

Keep us apprised 

TN

Dan_Lockwood

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #29 on: May 06, 2016, 09:59:39 PM »

When I ordered the windshield I used my company card and shipping address.  Later that day I changed my mind and wanted it to be billed to my home card.  They called and got all the information with the change of address.

I've spent the past two weeks down in Pineville LA at a good customer of ours and I just went into work on my way home and there was my windshield.  So they shipped to my work address.  I called Tonya confirmed it was billed to my home card, not work.  She said that Mondays are so busy for them they have to catch up the next two days.

I have the new windshield mounted now and will test ride it in the morning.  I ordered it a bit high on purpose.  I can sit in the seat and still look straight ahead and easily see over it, but at their recommended 50' out, I'll be looking through the shield.

If I get rid of the buffeting, I'll be a happy camper.

If all is good, we're out for the day tomorrow riding.  I'll update on Sunday as it's supposed to be raining around these parts.

Thanks and hope you all enjoy your weekends and have a great Mother's Day with that special little women.
Dan

2009 SERG Orange / Black

Dan_Lockwood

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #30 on: May 10, 2016, 04:33:03 PM »

Well the windshield came in while I was out last week, well wrapped and no scratches.

I do have a question though.  When I took it from my office last Friday, I missed the gasket and weather strip.  So I installed it using my rubber weather strip.  It fit nice, but would like to do the full install now with the kit that came with the new shield.

It has two foam 1/4" x 1" one side sticky black foam.  Does this go on the fairing at the same height as the blackout on the rear of the shield or does it work better on the shield.  The info sheet said to do the fairing, but they are very vague on where to place the foam.

Can someone shed some light on the install?

As far as the wind, it seems a lot better and the BSR said less wind as well.  I thought I bought too tall, but after riding it for a hundred miles, it seems about right.  I can see easily over it and there's very little if any buffeting.

So for now, it seems to be okay.  I'm sure other brands of the same height would be just as good, so I'm not getting into that.

Thanks again for the input.

If anyone can help me with the foam strips, I'd be greatly appreciative...
Dan

2009 SERG Orange / Black

TN

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • SC

« Reply #31 on: May 10, 2016, 08:39:17 PM »

Dan, If you use the stock inside rubber gasket the weather stripping material that was provided is not needed. The black edge trim I used on one bike with the GT, my CVO has the chrome cover so I didn't use it there.

As far as a riding pocket I have lowers installed year around and it greatly improves wing buffeting. I can smoke a cigar while riding down the road, I'm not advocating smoking er doing such while riding.

Hope it works out for ya

TN

Dan_Lockwood

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #32 on: May 11, 2016, 10:41:51 AM »

Dan, If you use the stock inside rubber gasket the weather stripping material that was provided is not needed. The black edge trim I used on one bike with the GT, my CVO has the chrome cover so I didn't use it there.

As far as a riding pocket I have lowers installed year around and it greatly improves wing buffeting. I can smoke a cigar while riding down the road, I'm not advocating smoking er doing such while riding.

Hope it works out for ya

TN

I haven't tried my '09 original rubber gasket since I took off the "deflector" when new.  It's a very thick and molded gasket and it did not come close to fitting my first Klock Werks 12" windshield so I never tried it on the next three.

From my streetrod days, I had a roll of soft rubber "U" shaped door weather-strip material that fits normal windshields very well.  That's what I've been using on all my aftermarket shields.

I'll check out the original and see what works best.  My re-used rubber "U" weather-strip does not fill the gaps very well so maybe Clearview has a better idea with their supplied gaskets.

Thanks for the info.

Have a great day.
Dan

2009 SERG Orange / Black

TN

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • SC

« Reply #33 on: May 12, 2016, 07:40:13 AM »

Dan, as I recall the stock inside gasket did require some tweaking to get everything to fit properly. I wouldn't have it any other way.  :nixweiss:

Ride On

TN

Dan_Lockwood

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #34 on: May 17, 2016, 03:26:16 PM »

I'm getting ready to leave in the morning for ES Pre-GTG.

I'm hoping the larger shield will fend off some of the possible rain I'll see as well as protect me from the cold in the morning.  It's going to be in the 40's here when I leave.

Long term report when I get back home.  So far though, all is good with the shield.
Dan

2009 SERG Orange / Black

Dan_Lockwood

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #35 on: May 25, 2016, 10:07:59 AM »

Well I rode down to Eureka Springs last week for the Pre-NMITM event.  The windshield worked great.

As I said in the beginning I thought this might be too tall for me, but after I get all settled in, the height seems to be very good.

Although I didn't have the good fortune to ride in the rail to see how well it deflected the drops, it did a great job on bugs and the like.

I think that there may be cheaper alternatives out there, but I am happy with the quality of the windshield and think it's a fair price.

I would recommend Clearview.
Dan

2009 SERG Orange / Black

Yellow09SERG

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: FLTRSE3 YELLOW!!
« Reply #36 on: May 26, 2016, 09:12:35 PM »

Dan maybe in missed it somewhere but what did the Clearview measure out? I am running a 18" Bailey Euro and it measures about 13 above the speedo and the top is actually rearward of the speedo.
Most great stores start with a bad decision
Pages: 1 2 3 [All]

Page created in 0.294 seconds with 21 queries.