Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3  All

Author Topic: 2011 FLHXSE2 COOLING IDEA ??  (Read 5399 times)

kaween

• CVO1: FLHXSE2
2011 FLHXSE2 COOLING IDEA ??
« on: April 04, 2016, 03:05:05 PM »

hi....
 first I hope you well understand my English .
I have street glide cvo 2011 and I live in very hot country and I want to modified my bike so I can drive it for more than 4 month a year .
and thear is only one 2011 cvo sg  and my be 3 2012 like my bike ( I don't think its help full with only 4 bike )

the question is

1- if I order new lewers  with radiator and new cylinder head and new oil sump 1.5 extra and use oil instead of water so I don't need water pump and upgrade the charging sistem  . and upgrade the oil pump is it worth to try ??

2- the new lewers with radiator can be fix in 2011?

3- do I have to use the gap or chanel over exhaust port to rout the oil by wilding and make searcolation ??

I drive my bike 45000 km in night only and I like it . 

your openion well appreciated .

thanks for reading

kaween

Ironhorse

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: 2006 SE Ultra
    • CVO2: 2018 GoldWing DCT Airbag
Re: 2011 FLHXSE2 COOLING IDEA ??
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2016, 03:18:19 PM »

Kaween,

I'm not sure what you're proposing will work. Your bike is air cooled. Only the newer bikes have the water cooled cylinder heads. I don't think you can retrofit everything new back on to your bike. I know folks have talked about it, but I'm not sure if it has been done successfully. Cost wise it might be worth it just to buy a newer bike with watercooled heads. And, while the newer system keeps the cylinder heads cooler, I'm not sure if it significantly reduces the overall amount of heat generated from combustion and exhaust.

Another option are fans to cool your cylinder heads. I use the Wards Parts Fans.

http://wardspartswerks.com/index.html

Hope this helps.

Mark
« Last Edit: April 04, 2016, 03:49:17 PM by Ironhorse »
"But men are men, the best sometimes forget" Shakespeare, Othello Act 2, Scene 3

Sarhan

• Still a Live
  • Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2016, 04:00:54 PM »

Kaween,

Nice idea but for sure it will cost alots, how you will control fans with canbus!
A short walk is tedious when no one walks with you, but a long journey is just like a few steps, when you walk with god & caring friends

GMR-PERFORMANCE

• Vendor
  • 1K CVO Member
    • TX

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2016, 04:06:07 PM »

The ECM will not understand that it needed to run a pump as water has a high heat exchange rate than oil and your stock pump will not work to do that so then you need a transfer style pump for lube.   I can go on and on and tell you how to do it but really there is no reason you bike should be running so hot you cannot ride it.

So lets start over  list the mods you have on the bike then we Myself and others can suggest things to do..

2012 SHARK  S&S 124 150/140   www.gmrperformance.com

kaween

« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2016, 05:22:54 PM »

thank you MARK for your reply

first I don't want water cooling cuz I don't hear any improvement from any one beside exhaust valve port .
2nd the new bike not an option its cost about 55000 usd in my country and thay don't have speaker in lewers and I don't like the gages .

the oil well splash all over the engine from the top of valve cover to crankcase and sprayed down the piston .

and you say thay well not fit ?? why ? do I have to change crash bar ??

thanks again

KAWEEN

GMR-PERFORMANCE

• Vendor
  • 1K CVO Member
    • TX

« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2016, 05:33:38 PM »

so you feel oil will work better?? that is an opinion not fact , oil will not cool better than water by a long shot,  oil coolers are not built the same as a radiator .. Now if you want to look into it further here is a link to one of the largest most used oil cooler company's in the US.. BTW same company that makes Jagg oil coolers 

http://www.setrabusa.com/products/oilcoolers/index.html

What mods have you done to the bike ??  I have ridden box stock rentals in Dubai  and they rode just fine.. Me I hated it way to hot for my liking , .. not sure why you are having troubles though 
« Last Edit: April 04, 2016, 05:37:09 PM by GMR-PERFORMANCE »

kaween

« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2016, 05:56:56 PM »

HI SARHAN

no my friend I well not controle  the fan with ecm  . thermo switch like jeg fan assit oil cooler and instead of water reseavior in lewrs I well still have my speakers .

I try wards fan and Harley fan and many type oil coolers and many exhaust and tune and I even make the bike run cloos lop after 2500 rpm and still .

thank you GMR PERFORMACE

thanks for your reply

I don't think you have idea about what im trying to explain . I don't want 15% water cooling for exhaust port only . I want to make the oil temperature stay below 200f lets say from 160f to 180f then this temperature of oil well exchange with anything attaché

the question is are the new lewers radiator can do that ? oil temp ? of curs you can say the oil pressure well drop at idel . and the answer is at wich degrees of oil temp well drop ??

if you control the engine temperature at 190f to 220f how compression you can add and what about ignition timing you add ??

the problem is I never see until now any bike with radiator with my own eyss or in person .

once again thanks all of you for reply and sorry for my spilling mastake .

kaween

Ironhorse

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
    • CA

« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2016, 06:43:24 PM »

Kaween,

Let me see if I understand.

You wish to know if the new style lowers with fans and radiators will fit on your bike? Yes they will fit.

You wish to lower engine oil temps by using the lowers, radiators, and fans as oil coolers? Operate the fans with a manual on/off switch. Use the HD water pump to move the oil?

You hope that by lowering engine oil temps the engine will run cooler?

Did I get that right?

Mark
"But men are men, the best sometimes forget" Shakespeare, Othello Act 2, Scene 3

kaween

« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2016, 07:14:30 PM »

Mark that's  right, but no water pump and no water , and no on of switch jast thermo switch .

using the same oil line from oem cooler and shift to more flow pump (GPH)

by the way im transmission bileder  and I have shop for that , and I use to modefide  race cars . but now I jast rebilled and modified transmission ,

kaween

GMR-PERFORMANCE

• Vendor
  • 1K CVO Member
    • TX

« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2016, 07:27:19 PM »

I would suggest you get with Jagg oil coolers and present that to him. He will be able to tell you if the pump can do what you want it to do.. One oil cooler that is a real oil cooler yes but double them and use the rads may be an issue. I am not aware of any doing that .. how ever spy photos and and info on the new bikes well many are in for a huge shocker

Ironhorse

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
    • CA

« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2016, 07:31:11 PM »

Kaween,

It sounds like you have the knowledge, skills, and abilities to fabricate what you need to make it work. Please take photos and document and post your results and findings. Be assured many here will want to know the outcome and long term performance.

Having said all that, it might be easier to add a fan assisted Jagg oil cooler like many here already have.

Mark

JoeVibe

• 1K CVO Member
    • TN

• CVO1: 2022 CVO Road Glide Limited
    • CVO2: 2014 Titanium/Black FLHRSE6
« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2016, 07:41:34 PM »

Kaween,

I also recommend that you look at the Jagg fan assisted oil cooler. I added one to my bike and have maintained oil sump temperatures of 205 F when the ambient temperature was 98 F while cruising and no more than 230 F when slow rolling in traffic. You could also add the Wards fans for additional cooling.

kaween

« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2016, 07:50:29 PM »

GMR PERFORMACE thank you (im sory I don't know your name ) I have little knolige  about rads and I have to mod up and down cover to prevent veapor  or (I don't know whats it cals in English if air bubls  mix with liquid ) its ok , and the eqal flow speed of any luqied to match the size radiator core flow ....etc.
but I thing I well have warm up proplim (THERMOSTAT).

I try with even raping exhaust and its work for my legs but its chang afr  in driving and brack the exauat  .

after i do evrry thing  and if its work can i contact you and ask you about quinch area and how to make the piston flat with cylinder liner ??

thank you

kaween

kaween

« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2016, 07:57:27 PM »

JoeVibe  thank you

i have jug 6 row fan assit and the Harley fan then wars 2 fan .
i have fullsac x pipe (p) and fuelmoto xxx and the normal one and all size of fullsac buffel  and air sespention also.

kaween

JoeVibe

• 1K CVO Member
    • TN

• CVO1: 2022 CVO Road Glide Limited
    • CVO2: 2014 Titanium/Black FLHRSE6
« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2016, 08:24:13 PM »

JoeVibe  thank you

i have jug 6 row fan assit and the Harley fan then wars 2 fan .
i have fullsac x pipe (p) and fuelmoto xxx and the normal one and all size of fullsac buffel  and air sespention also.

kaween

My stock oil cooler was 6 row, the Jagg is a 10 row cooler.

Are you having performance issues from the heat or are you looking for more rider comfort? If it's the latter, it's going to be hard to affect rider comfort much when it's 100+F outside with high humidity. Have you thought about a cooling suit?
Pages: [1] 2 3  All

Page created in 0.193 seconds with 21 queries.