Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7  All

Author Topic: Rattle/noise/vibration in nuetral.  (Read 28748 times)

ACfixer

• Global Warming Enthusiast
  • Senior CVO Member
    • TN

• CVO1: 2015 FLTRUSE
    • CVO2: 2005 FLSTSCi Springer
    • CVO3: Honda Pioneer 1000-5
Re: Rattle/noise/vibration in nuetral.
« Reply #60 on: October 13, 2016, 09:47:58 PM »

UPDATE 10/13/16 - Got the bike back today....

Replaced:

30041-08A Rotor
34091-08 Inner bearing race
9231 Roller bearing
Various gaskets etc.
Covered under warranty.

The bike seems very quiet, again. Not sure what to think...
2015 FLTRUSE Abyss Blue/Crushed Sapphire
15" Freedom shield - TTS Tuned by Fullsac - Fullsac DX pipe - 2.0 cores. 96HP - 113TQ

bigmegina

• Full CVO Member
  • 2016 CVO Streetglide
« Reply #61 on: October 13, 2016, 11:27:30 PM »

UPDATE 10/13/16 - Got the bike back today....

Replaced:

30041-08A Rotor
34091-08 Inner bearing race
9231 Roller bearing
Various gaskets etc.
Covered under warranty.

The bike seems very quiet, again. Not sure what to think...

glad it works for now.

ACfixer

• Senior CVO Member
    • TN

« Reply #62 on: October 29, 2016, 06:35:07 PM »

Just a quick update - 165 miles of combo freeway and mountain riding today over Hwy 2 Angeles Crest from Glendale to Wrightwood. The first real riding I've got in since the repair and I got the bike plenty hot, the noise and vibration seem to be completely nonexistent. I certainly can't say I'm happy I've had the troubles, but I so far have to give my service guys a thumbs up assuming they're being square with me. Stay tuned...

Lance
15" Freedom shield - TTS Tuned by Fullsac - Fullsac DX pipe - 2.0 cores. 96HP - 113TQ

bigmegina

• Full CVO Member
  • 2016 CVO Streetglide
« Reply #63 on: October 29, 2016, 06:39:07 PM »

Just a quick update - 165 miles of combo freeway and mountain riding today over Hwy 2 Angeles Crest from Glendale to Wrightwood. The first real riding I've got in since the repair and I got the bike plenty hot, the noise and vibration seem to be completely nonexistent. I certainly can't say I'm happy I've had the troubles, but I so far have to give my service guys a thumbs up assuming they're being square with me. Stay tuned...

Lance

glad you got it fixed.6000 miles on mine since I changed the oil and used real tranny fluid and no more noise.

ACfixer

• Senior CVO Member
    • TN

« Reply #64 on: October 29, 2016, 06:44:26 PM »

glad you got it fixed.6000 miles on mine since I changed the oil and used real tranny fluid and no more noise.

What is this real tranny fluid of which you speak? ;) I'm getting ready to do all my fluids as I do after almost every long trip. Yes, I probably change them "too often" but I don't care.

bigmegina

• Full CVO Member
  • 2016 CVO Streetglide
« Reply #65 on: October 29, 2016, 07:01:13 PM »

What is this real tranny fluid of which you speak? ;) I'm getting ready to do all my fluids as I do after almost every long trip. Yes, I probably change them "too often" but I don't care.

amsoil severe gear 75-90

ACfixer

• Senior CVO Member
    • TN

« Reply #66 on: October 29, 2016, 07:48:33 PM »

amsoil severe gear 75-90

What about the other two holes? I'm seriously considering Amsoil 60W in the crankcase.

bigmegina

• Full CVO Member
  • 2016 CVO Streetglide
« Reply #67 on: October 29, 2016, 08:35:05 PM »

What about the other two holes? I'm seriously considering Amsoil 60W in the crankcase.

I used Harley 20-50 non syn for motor and Harley primary fluid for primary.been working good so far.7400 miles on bike now.

Para Bellum

• Si vis pacem, para bellum.
  • 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07 Canyon Copper FXSTSSE, '08 Crystal Copper SEUC
    • CVO2: '11 Slate/Blk SERGU, '18 Twisted Cherry RGU
« Reply #68 on: November 01, 2016, 01:18:13 AM »

amsoil severe gear 75-90
My AMSOIL rep said they recommend severe gear 75-140 for Harleys; the 75-90 isn't heavy enough.
If you want peace, prepare for war.

LMH

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • CA

• CVO1: 2016 CVO Limited Gone
    • CVO2: 2018 CVO Limited
« Reply #69 on: November 17, 2016, 09:02:22 PM »

I have had the same issue since new and it continues when the bike is on the road. Best described as someone shaking a can of loose nuts and bolts.. Been back several times to the dealer. Took it in for the 5000 mile service with the same complaint but a different dealer to see if a new set of eyes and ears would help. This dealer seemed better but the 'company" told him the usual excuses. This in spite of being told the fixes they suggest and the "normal" noise referenced in the bulletin is not solving the issue.
They also found some moisture in my oil during the service. The factory tried to say it comes from not going on long enough rides with the bike. When I mentioned the 4950 miles on the bike were put on  during one California, Oregon and Nevada ride. They then suggested perhaps i live to close to the ocean ( even the dealer scoffed at that). Latest is to "watch it" closely and change the oil frequently . 35 years owning Harley Davidson. Maybe about 12 different HD bikes and never had such BS . So sorry I stepped up to a CVO. Almost left the bike there I was so disgusted.
Service Mgr is a good guy and he said he is documenting everything and he will do the oil changes for the cost of a filter so i am going to try it.
I'm not optimistic it will improve until the motor goes South and they step up or I can unload the bike on a new owner who likes the sound of a can of nuts and bolts rattling in your ear.

Para Bellum

• Si vis pacem, para bellum.
  • 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07 Canyon Copper FXSTSSE, '08 Crystal Copper SEUC
    • CVO2: '11 Slate/Blk SERGU, '18 Twisted Cherry RGU
« Reply #70 on: November 17, 2016, 09:16:45 PM »

I'm not optimistic it will improve until the motor goes South and they step up or I can unload the bike on a new owner who likes the sound of a can of nuts and bolts rattling in your ear.
Lemon law candidate?
If you want peace, prepare for war.

Texas 103

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • TX

• CVO1: 2016 "RGU"
« Reply #71 on: November 18, 2016, 06:23:46 AM »

My AMSOIL rep said they recommend severe gear 75-140 for Harleys; the 75-90 isn't heavy enough.

Redline is 75-250. going to try some Spectro  Platinum 6 speed oil just for the hell of it..  i started another thread on this subject and it's getting a little more interesting, the more people I talk to about it..

Have some ideas I'm going to try for some winter garage therapy.If I'm right it will be a well spent $350.  Of course after we figure this out..HD will come out with a kit as " customer enhancement" solution to the intermittent problem. Right! ... ..lol
Too Much of a good thing is just right !! Then more is always better

LMH

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • CA

« Reply #72 on: November 18, 2016, 07:34:18 AM »

I have had the same issue since new and it continues when the bike is on the road. Best described as someone shaking a can of loose nuts and bolts.. Been back several times to the dealer. Took it in for the 5000 mile service with the same complaint but a different dealer to see if a new set of eyes and ears would help. This dealer seemed better but the 'company" told him the usual excuses. This in spite of being told the fixes they suggest and the "normal" noise referenced in the bulletin is not solving the issue.
They also found some moisture in my oil during the service. The factory tried to say it comes from not going on long enough rides with the bike. When I mentioned the 4950 miles on the bike were put on  during one California, Oregon and Nevada ride. They then suggested perhaps i live to close to the ocean ( even the dealer scoffed at that). Latest is to "watch it" closely and change the oil frequently . 35 years owning Harley Davidson. Maybe about 12 different HD bikes and never had such BS . So sorry I stepped up to a CVO. Almost left the bike there I was so disgusted.
Service Mgr is a good guy and he said he is documenting everything and he will do the oil changes for the cost of a filter so i am going to try it.

Oh and I asked about changing out to a different oil etc and was told by my local dealer they would not stand by the warranty if I used any of those other lubricants suggested.

LMH

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • CA

« Reply #73 on: November 18, 2016, 07:41:06 AM »

Lemon law candidate?

Have no idea how that works but if I have to bank roll it it's a non starter. I'll trade it to a dealer and let them warranty it for the next owner. Won't be a CVO that is for sure.

fastfreddy

• 1K CVO Member
  • MY CVO
    • IA

• CVO1: 2013 FLTRXSE traded
    • CVO2: 2016 FLTRUSE
« Reply #74 on: November 18, 2016, 02:14:38 PM »

I dropped mine off two days ago to have this repair/noise looked at. Figured it being November they can have it till they figure it out will report back with their findings
SERGU aka the RENTAL ... never home & always broke...Thnx FF
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7  All

Page created in 0.175 seconds with 22 queries.