Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3  All

Author Topic: honest opinion for the next step.  (Read 8431 times)

BigRichRam02

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • TX

honest opinion for the next step.
« on: July 23, 2016, 04:37:28 AM »

Hello friends Im torn as to  what I should do next with my Fat Bob. I have a a few parts on my 110. SE-211 cam, D and D fatcat, SERT tuner, heavy breather intake, and heavy spring in my clutch. I daily drive the bike and get pretty aggressive with my riding I do two up riding fairly often. I am wondering if I should build on the 110 and keep its stock displacement  or bump it up to a Harley 117, Star or GMR 113, or even a S&S or Zippers 124. I spend most of my time at 70+ mph and prefer the power comes on a little later to keep[ it easy at the light. bike has 36,000 miles engine has 12,000miles. Im tired of new mustangs and other sports muscle car beating me from 75mph on.

Scott7d

• Senior CVO Member
  • 2020 CVO Road Glide 117"
    • IN

• CVO1: 2020 CVO Road Glide 117"
Re: honest opinion for the next step.
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2016, 09:55:23 AM »

From what you're describing, I'd go with some sort of monster like the 124. No disrespect, but from my experience reading posts like yours, people will bump up to the next stage. Then, they get bored with it soon and they ask again about the next stage. It may be best just to hammer down all at once rather than lose money trying to sell used parts when you determine again that your current build isn't enough for you.

I hope that makes sense, and again no disrespect.
Scott Matlock
Iron Butt Ride List

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2016, 10:09:45 AM »

Much easier to just bolt a blower on it.  Or add a hidden nitrous bottle for those occasions when you want to race cars with four hundred plus horsepower.  Don't forget though, that Harley chassis will never let you actually outrun one of those cars on the top end, no matter how many cubic inches you add.  You'll need to jump straight to a purpose built drag bike.  We've got just the guy on this site to help you with that.

Jerry ;) 
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

grayghost731

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Built For ME! Love My Fatboy CVO

• CVO1: FLSTFSE Platinum Mist&Slate 102.81 HP 113.47 Torque
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2016, 11:58:34 AM »

Much easier to just bolt a blower on it.  Or add a hidden nitrous bottle for those occasions when you want to race cars with four hundred plus horsepower.  Don't forget though, that Harley chassis will never let you actually outrun one of those cars on the top end, no matter how many cubic inches you add.  You'll need to jump straight to a purpose built drag bike.  We've got just the guy on this site to help you with that.

Jerry ;) 

:huepfenlol2:     LOVE  IT  !       :huepfenlol2:

BigRichRam02

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • TX

« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2016, 12:45:14 AM »

From what you're describing, I'd go with some sort of monster like the 124. No disrespect, but from my experience reading posts like yours, people will bump up to the next stage. Then, they get bored with it soon and they ask again about the next stage. It may be best just to hammer down all at once rather than lose money trying to sell used parts when you determine again that your current build isn't enough for you.

I hope that makes sense, and again no disrespect.

Makes perfect sense to me I just don't want to go to stupid as I am young and we tend to be. I like spinning that Vtwin up hard from the light till pegged I already surprise some middle weight sport bikes but damn I want this thing to fly.
 I like the idea of a 124 and bullet proofing it as best as can be done luckily I have a lady friend that trusts me and is cool as a cucumber when I open it up to play around but I also would like to do it smooth as glass.

BigRichRam02

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • TX

« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2016, 12:49:23 AM »

Jerry ;)

I grew up with a old school 60's and 70's drag racer so a blower would be cool Im a big fan of turbos doing the work, I won't touch NO2 I always felt it was a bandaid way to get power. i wish I had the money to do a purpose built drag bike that would be awesome considering I have only seen crotch rockets at the strip. but I can only afford the one so I need to do what I can to make it better.

LC110

• Elite CVO Member
    • WI

• CVO1: 2009 FLTRSE3 Stardust Silver / Titanium Dust 1of 1344
Spending time learning the science of the mechanisms of friction, lubrication, and wear of interacting surfaces that are in relative motion
Razorback Performance Built & Tuned 113@ 122.59 HP/139.30 TQ

BigRichRam02

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • TX

« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2016, 04:33:41 AM »

Your answer is only $$$ away https://www.sscycle.com/products/t143-engine-for-2007-up-touring-models-wrinkle-black/  :2vrolijk_21:

I'm not gonna lie I think a T143 in my Dyna would be crazy but horrifically fun. I bet it would break me of trying to twist the throttle grip off everywhere I go.

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 SESG,
    • CVO2: 2004 SEEG Pumpkin,
    • CVO3: 2002 Police Roadking, Maudie and Maybelle Slayer
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2016, 03:40:45 PM »

143 is great idea, but only gonna be about 150-160 hp in stock form.   

You might consider a custom P3R- 124 Crank and a 124 S&S build with the new AeroCharger 66mm that they just released and turn that loose, instant torque, lower compression and will put you out around 200+ HP.   Them cars well most wont know what hit em.

Give Frank at Dragosbikeworks a call he just installed one on his bike with only 6.5 pounds of boost its making like 180 hp.   
HBRR Florida Chapter,  STILL - The Fastest Chapter - Proven yet again Bikeweek 2017

BigRichRam02

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • TX

« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2016, 11:27:29 PM »

143 is great idea, but only gonna be about 150-160 hp in stock form.   

You might consider a custom P3R- 124 Crank and a 124 S&S build with the new AeroCharger 66mm that they just released and turn that loose, instant torque, lower compression and will put you out around 200+ HP.   Them cars well most wont know what hit em.

Give Frank at Dragosbikeworks a call he just installed one on his bike with only 6.5 pounds of boost its making like 180 hp.

whats a P3R-124 crank and I thought aerochargers where only for touring bikes. I don't want to just toss money money money and more money to have to custom up parts.
my only other concern is I do ride in the rain, cold, and texas humidity and heat so this needs to be all all weather rider.

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 SESG,
    • CVO2: 2004 SEEG Pumpkin,
    • CVO3: 2002 Police Roadking, Maudie and Maybelle Slayer
« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2016, 08:16:12 PM »

P3R brochure

U are correct on the aero charger sorry missed it was a fatbob, I was told that they are working on one for the dyna's.   Till then Looks like pro charger.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2016, 08:22:11 PM by Unbalanced »
HBRR Florida Chapter,  STILL - The Fastest Chapter - Proven yet again Bikeweek 2017

FlaHeatWave

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: '01 FXDWG2 RED 103 6sp
    • CVO2: '05 FLHTCSE2 CHERRY
    • CVO3: '09 FLTRSE3 YELLOW 117/DD7
« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2016, 01:15:41 AM »

Trask has a turbo kit for a dyna
"I've read dozens of books about heros and crooks, and learned much from both of their styles"

Classic Beast

• Elite CVO Member
    • BC

• Bob McImages
« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2016, 11:11:22 AM »

2012 Road glide ultra 103
DD7 Baker, S&S 570, Fulsac DX, 2"
SE CNC heads 58mm throttle body
95 FLSTN
127" Ultima
DD6 Baker
3 X PM 6 piston calipers
S&S Clutch
Lindal Ceramic discs
RB Black Hole pipe
Thunderstar mags
6 gal tanks
Custom Chrome front end
Rear chain drive
150WW Avon Venom rear tire
2009 Cadillac CTS-V

BigRichRam02

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • TX

« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2016, 11:45:47 PM »

RB racing 126 with Turbo https://www.rbracing-rsr.com/126_roadtoad.html

man classic I wish I had the money to drop that in my dyna. That  sucker would put the space shuttle to shame. but I guess 140hp would do me just fine.

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #14 on: August 03, 2016, 08:24:21 AM »

I grew up with a old school 60's and 70's drag racer so a blower would be cool Im a big fan of turbos doing the work, I won't touch NO2 I always felt it was a bandaid way to get power. i wish I had the money to do a purpose built drag bike that would be awesome considering I have only seen crotch rockets at the strip. but I can only afford the one so I need to do what I can to make it better.

Being a drag racer from the 60s-70s you realize there's a big difference between a blower and a turbo?
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)
Pages: [1] 2 3  All

Page created in 0.391 seconds with 21 queries.