Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3  All

Author Topic: 2017 CVO limited  (Read 14967 times)

Royalroadie

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • KS

2017 CVO limited
« on: August 26, 2016, 08:06:02 PM »

Well I just got back from the HD open house in Kansas City.  I did not want to wait for a ride on the new CVO Streetglide so I took out a limited for a 20 minute ride.  I know it is not comparing apples to apples since I ride a Streetglide, but this is what I found.  The motor is very nice, quite,smooth and powerful.  My current SG puts 96hp to the ground and 114TQ.  My butt Dyno says the new 114 has that or more without a tuner, tune, or pipes.  The throttle responde is just better.  It pulls nicely no matter what gear you are in.  Handling was cushier but that could be from the seat,the bike is well planted and very compliant.  Top end noise has been greatly reduce compared to the twin cam.  Heat? What heat?   I would guess that it is a good 25*~30* cooler on my right leg.  I took it out on country roads for 15 minutes before I got on the interstate.  Getting on to the super slab I banged it into the rev limiter 5 or 6 times, there is a solid cutoff when you hit it. The motor just goes flat @5k, no studder just flat, but still smooth.  Roll ons at 65 in 6th gear pull much better than the 110 period.  If they hold up this is going to be one Hell of s bike.   After all the bitching at HD TC  they might just have gotten it right this time.  The colors are better in person than the pictures but not as creative as previous years.  It is more refined and reminds me of the Indian 111 with a bit more gut. It is not as visceral as my 110 but it could be with a little work.  The performance you get right out of the box is absolutely great.  The vibration is still there but it has been reduced,  like I said it is not as visceral as the twin cam.    I am not what you would call a koolaid drinker but if my bike was stolen I would definitely replace it with a 117.  Oh, one last thing, the clutch engages fairly late compared to my 2012 hydraulic clutch.  It will take a little getting used to.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2016, 09:10:46 PM by Royalroadie »
V&H Power Dual Header
Rinehart 4"

bakon

• Elite CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited "Wicked"
Re: 2017 CVO limited
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2016, 08:29:17 PM »

Nice write up. Sounds like you compared it fairly.
Will

Harley Guy

• Elite CVO Member
  • RIDE ON ...............
    • OH

• CVO1: 2009 CVO Ultra Classic.... Ruby - sold
    • CVO2: 2015 CVO Limited........... Dirty Blonde
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2016, 08:57:25 PM »

Thanks for sharing your views.
Interesting.......
RIDE ON....

Royalroadie

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • KS

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2016, 09:01:06 PM »

Nice write up. Sounds like you compared it fairly.

All I can say is if this is reliable, thats a big if, they hit it out of the park.  I still enjoy the visceral feeling of my TC, but if I was going to ride across the US it is the bike I would take, IF it's reliable. I do applauded them for their effort! Now the bike lives up to all the hype they lavished on the Rushmores.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2016, 09:03:24 PM by Royalroadie »
V&H Power Dual Header
Rinehart 4"

muddypaws

• 5k CVO Member
  • 2012 FLHTCUS7

• CVO1: 2005 CVO
    • CVO2: 2009 CVO SEUC
    • CVO3: 2017 CVO LIMITED
    • Re/Max
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2016, 08:05:26 PM »

When will the 2017 Limited start getting delivered?
Bill

Heatwave

• 1K CVO Member
  • ‘10 CVO Ultra 120/127 & ‘17 CVO LTD 140/151

• CVO1: 2017 CVO Limited (Garnet/Red) 128ci
    • CVO2: 2010 SE Ultra (Red/Slate)
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2016, 08:45:37 PM »

A dealer just asked me if I want to put a deposit on a CVO Limited. He get's his first one - Black Garnet/Red Pearl on 9/30. I think most CVO Limiteds are scheduled to be on alot of  showroom floors in 3-4 weeks, although there are a few out there already.

Heatwave

• 1K CVO Member
  • ‘10 CVO Ultra 120/127 & ‘17 CVO LTD 140/151

• CVO1: 2017 CVO Limited (Garnet/Red) 128ci
    • CVO2: 2010 SE Ultra (Red/Slate)
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2016, 08:47:47 PM »

Well I just got back from the HD open house in Kansas City.  I did not want to wait for a ride on the new CVO Streetglide so I took out a limited for a 20 minute ride.  I know it is not comparing apples to apples since I ride a Streetglide, but this is what I found.  The motor is very nice, quite,smooth and powerful.  My current SG puts 96hp to the ground and 114TQ.  My butt Dyno says the new 114 has that or more without a tuner, tune, or pipes.  The throttle responde is just better.  It pulls nicely no matter what gear you are in.  Handling was cushier but that could be from the seat,the bike is well planted and very compliant.  Top end noise has been greatly reduce compared to the twin cam.  Heat? What heat?   I would guess that it is a good 25*~30* cooler on my right leg.  I took it out on country roads for 15 minutes before I got on the interstate.  Getting on to the super slab I banged it into the rev limiter 5 or 6 times, there is a solid cutoff when you hit it. The motor just goes flat @5k, no studder just flat, but still smooth.  Roll ons at 65 in 6th gear pull much better than the 110 period.  If they hold up this is going to be one Hell of s bike.   After all the bitching at HD TC  they might just have gotten it right this time.  The colors are better in person than the pictures but not as creative as previous years.  It is more refined and reminds me of the Indian 111 with a bit more gut. It is not as visceral as my 110 but it could be with a little work.  The performance you get right out of the box is absolutely great.  The vibration is still there but it has been reduced,  like I said it is not as visceral as the twin cam.    I am not what you would call a koolaid drinker but if my bike was stolen I would definitely replace it with a 117.  Oh, one last thing, the clutch engages fairly late compared to my 2012 hydraulic clutch.  It will take a little getting used to.

What color limited did you test ride? What did you think of the design and color?

phato1

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011.5 FLHTCUSE6 - SOLD
    • CVO2: 2001 FLSTFI - non CVO, but really cool
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2016, 10:25:59 PM »

The Black Garnet/Red pearl is a nice color, the Graphics might leave a little to be desired depending on your personal tastes.  I'd like to see the silver/blue in person because from the depictions on the HD site I think that one looks best.

Did see a Garnet/Red one today. And IMHO the Red pearl looked a little orange under the florescent lighting, but I didn't see it out in the daylight..

« Last Edit: September 02, 2016, 10:27:50 PM by phato1 »
"The solutions are all simple....after you have arrived at them."     - Robert M. Pirsig

Boatman

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited
    • CVO2: 2010 SEUC-accident victim-gone
    • CVO3: 2005 SEEG-traded on 2010
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2016, 10:32:21 PM »

I will be happy for anyone who gets one of these bikes.  However, the paint designers should be fired.  There is no flow to the graphics.  It seems that all they tried to do was put a design on each of the body parts  with no thought process.  I have looked at the 4 color choices on the Limited and none of them work for me.  It's just sad what a CVO has come to regarding paint/graphics.  Just look at the picture in post #7 for reference.

:soapbox:    :nixweiss:     :huepfenlol2:

Royalroadie

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • KS

« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2016, 10:48:32 PM »

What color limited did you test ride? What did you think of the design and color?

Ed, I rode the green one.  I didn't like the color but I wanted to see how they ran.  As for performance it was very good stock. I didn't like the clutch, way to late.  The motor is very smooth and they have seemed to have licked the heat issue,very well.  It is quite smooth, but as I say not as visceral.  Now if they hold up they will have a winner.

Don "Twolanerider" called it baby poop green.  I called it split pee soup. 
V&H Power Dual Header
Rinehart 4"

sixgun95

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2016, 01:53:29 AM »

I will be happy for anyone who gets one of these bikes.  However, the paint designers should be fired.  There is no flow to the graphics.  It seems that all they tried to do was put a design on each of the body parts  with no thought process.  I have looked at the 4 color choices on the Limited and none of them work for me.  It's just sad what a CVO has come to regarding paint/graphics.  Just look at the picture in post #7 for reference.

Well said! I just don't get it.
2015 Ultra Limited Low

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2016, 09:08:11 PM »

I think I'd have 100% agreed if I hadn't seen one in person today.  Pretty sweet looking bike.  Lots of sparkle in the paint.  And love the rounded valve covers.  If I was in the market, this one would be coming home.

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2016, 09:08:37 PM »

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2016, 09:09:01 PM »

ultrafxr

• There are no sure answers, only better questions. - Dick Van Dyke
  • 5k CVO Member
  • No problem is so small it cannot be misunderstood.
    • TN

• CVO1: 2020 FLHTCUTG Tahitian Teal
    • CVO2: 2017 FLHTKSE Palladium Silver/Phantom Blue/Wicked Sapphire-traded
    • CVO3: 2012 FLHTCUSE7 Electric Orange/Black Diamond-traded
« Reply #14 on: September 04, 2016, 11:36:34 PM »

I think I'd have 100% agreed if I hadn't seen one in person today.  Pretty sweet looking bike.  Lots of sparkle in the paint.  And love the rounded valve covers.  If I was in the market, this one would be coming home.
Thanks for the photos Brian.  As always the pice on the moco website do not do justice to the paint jobs.  In your photos that bike does look good.  And I've got my eye on one just like that as we speak.  We'll see how this develops.   :2vrolijk_21:

Places ridden on my bike from my driveway.
IBA member # 45520
Pages: [1] 2 3  All

Page created in 0.174 seconds with 21 queries.