Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All

Author Topic: CVO's Run to Sturgis 2016 - Our Account - Part 1, Thursday through Sunday  (Read 12244 times)

Boatman

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited
    • CVO2: 2010 SEUC-accident victim-gone
    • CVO3: 2005 SEEG-traded on 2010

Kirk-

What ended up being wrong with your shifter problem in Sundance?

kiro

• 1K CVO Member
    • ME

• CVO1: 2017 FLHTKSE
    • CVO2: 1986 FXR Super Glide - antique, but the Evo lives on!
    • A Shot in the Dark

I think the spline stripped or something. The heel shifter was right down on the floorboard (that night I thought it fell off as I couldn't feel it at all), and I couldn't shift with the front lever. The shop had a repair kit for it, three parts I think. Fixed it in less than an hour. They indicated it was a common problem and had done a dozen of the same repairs recently. I heard them talking about getting some more of the kits for this as I got the last one in stock apparently. I need to find the receipt and check the part numbers, but with parts and labor is was only $94 - fairly inexpensive in the MoCo world... I'll do a follow up once I locate the paperwork.

cambo

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 CVO Breakout
    • CVO2: 2015 Ultra Limited

I think the spline stripped or something. The heel shifter was right down on the floorboard (that night I thought it fell off as I couldn't feel it at all), and I couldn't shift with the front lever. The shop had a repair kit for it, three parts I think. Fixed it in less than an hour. They indicated it was a common problem and had done a dozen of the same repairs recently. I heard them talking about getting some more of the kits for this as I got the last one in stock apparently. I need to find the receipt and check the part numbers, but with parts and labor is was only $94 - fairly inexpensive in the MoCo world... I'll do a follow up once I locate the paperwork.

Had the same problem returning from MV last year on my 2015 Limited. The heel/toe shifter splines broke off. As soon as I saw Kirk's heel shifter and how it felt when I moved it using my hand I knew exactly what the problem was. In my case Harley Davidson of Lynchburg send out the truck (I was 50 miles away on a Sunday afternoon), towed the bike back to their dealership, fixed the shifter, filled the bike up with gas and charged me exactly $0!  Wish they were close to where we live. They would be my preferred vendor for everything.

RoadTrip

• Senior CVO Member
    • TX

• CVO1: 2015 CVO Road Glide Ultra
    • Twisted Rides

Wow. Just wow. Great trip report. Awesome pics.
Some folks seek the comfort of the straight and narrow. Me? I prefer the twisted road.
Twisted Rides Blog
Twisted Rides Videos

ptnlinda

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com

• CVO1: 2015 FLHTKSE

Just love these reports. Thanks for taking the time to put it together, much appreciated.
2015 FLHTKSE
Fuel Moto Jackpot Headers
2" Muffler Cores
Thunder Max ECM
Detachable's Kit
Stainless Fasteners throughout.

kiro

• 1K CVO Member
    • ME

• A Shot in the Dark

Follow up on shifter issue... I found the receipt from Deluxe H-D of Sundance (WY). This indicates they replaced the 'shifter shaft lever, gear' - #33709-82A and 'lever, gear shift'-#33718-82B. It was an inexpensive fix, but a debilitating issue when it happened as you can't shift. And it's really inconvenient at 10:30 pm on a 80 mph interstate with five bikes on the side of the road - LOL... The bottom line was $91.03 - $63.38 parts, $27.65 labor and tax, so you know it wasn't major. I paid the $50 deductible using my ESP.

ultra98

• Senior CVO Member

Thanks for sharing this great ride awsome  :orange: :orange: :orange:

OBB

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

• CVO1: 2011 Slate/Black SERGU** traded
    • CVO2: 2015 Double Blue SERGU
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG Blue

Follow up on shifter issue... I found the receipt from Deluxe H-D of Sundance (WY). This indicates they replaced the 'shifter shaft lever, gear' - #33709-82A and 'lever, gear shift'-#33718-82B. It was an inexpensive fix, but a debilitating issue when it happened as you can't shift. And it's really inconvenient at 10:30 pm on a 80 mph interstate with five bikes on the side of the road - LOL... The bottom line was $91.03 - $63.38 parts, $27.65 labor and tax, so you know it wasn't major. I paid the $50 deductible using my ESP.
Put the claim into ESP for that fleabag motel you got stuck in. They'll reimburse you for that also.
PHOTOBUCKET IS HOLDING MY PIX HOSTAGE!!!

Indenial

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 SE Road Glide
    • States Riden on 2009 CVO

I appreciate you taking the time to post and share with us.. I loved the photos and the effects.
eight exhibited ladies in body paint, deemed inappropriate to post on the forum.  I like inappropriate----PM them to me---Just kidding, just got back from Sturgis myself and can only imagine what they looked like.  Besides, imagination makes it better.  Thanks, for the post.
I just finished the pile of junk I needed to work on before I get to the stuff I should be doing----

kiro

• 1K CVO Member
    • ME

• A Shot in the Dark

Put the claim into ESP for that fleabag motel you got stuck in. They'll reimburse you for that also.

That's a great idea OBB and one I hadn't considered. Thanks for the head's up!

Kirk

rockytop117

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • TN

It's taken me most of the morning ( distractions at work) to read & view all the pics but hats off on a excellent read !
11 SERG.
117ci
570G S&S
RB RACING 2-1
SE 58MM TB
HPI INJECTORS
WFO LARRY HEADS
COMP 10:2 CCP 190
DIRECT LINK TUNE BY STROKERJLK
SAE128.09/STD131.32 HP  TQ135.89 std 139.31
RC COMPONENTS WHEELS & A/C
VPC 92 CLUTCH
FOSGATE AMP, FOCAL SPEAKERS

kiro

• 1K CVO Member
    • ME

• A Shot in the Dark

It's taken me most of the morning ( distractions at work) to read & view all the pics but hats off on a excellent read !

I can understand that rockytop... It took untold hours to evaluate/enhance the image groups, then set up the selected shots to upload. Afterwards it was fact check, organize and create the actual report text. Once it's done it's in archive for a long time though, so worth the effort. This was actually an outline for an expanded web article I plan to create when I have more time available. Thanks for your comments...

bigsixman

• Full CVO Member
  • 2003 CVO Deuce FXSTDSE
Re: CVO's Run to Sturgis 2016 - Our Account - Part 1, Thursday through Sunday
« Reply #42 on: September 11, 2016, 09:28:27 PM »

Super job documenting your Sturgis trip. I enjoyed the photos and the comments.

Beautiful work!
2003 fxstdse CVO Deuce, 3,700 miles
2007 fxstd Deuce, 18,500 miles
2017 flhx Street Glide, 6,700 miles
Four 60s & 70s Japanese bikes

red ben59

• 1K CVO Member
  • ALL GAVE SOME SOME GAVE ALL
    • NC

• CVO1: 08 FXDSE2
    • CVO2: 09 FLHTCUSE4
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCUSE8
« Reply #43 on: September 30, 2016, 08:54:58 PM »

Can't believe I just stumbled across this  :-\ Great photos, amazing!!!!!!!!! But the play by play really makes me feel as if I was there.  :2vrolijk_21: Thanks for sharing you guys ride with me :apple: :jalapeno: :apple: :jalapeno: :apple:

Jock

• Keep the Faith!
  • Photographer/Historian
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Are You Valley Experienced?
« Reply #44 on: September 30, 2016, 09:18:18 PM »

Can't believe it took me this long to see this thread!

Enjoyed the journey and thanks for the time and effort placed towards sharing it.

:2vrolijk_21:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All

Page created in 0.159 seconds with 22 queries.